What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Went to change water...tub's already empty?!?!?  (Read 3802 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Went to change water...tub's already empty?!?!?
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:15 pm »
Hey guys...been a LONG time since I last posted (totally MY fault btw!) but my dealer is closed until Tuesday so I thought I would post my problem here.

We have not used the tub in over two months and to be honest I have not popped the hood or added chems in that span of time (I know...my bad).  Anyway I went out this afternoon to drain the tub and refill and when I lifted the cover I was HORRIFIED the tub was basically empty!  There is just a little water left on the bottom of the tub and in the seats.  This HAS to be a leak correct?  No way for all that water to just evaporate is there?

The tub is a Caldera Geneva we purchased in November of 2006.  I have to check my warranty to see if I am covered.  I think I am.  I checked the outside drain plug and it is in place.  No obvious puddling on my concrete pad either.  I just turned off the power at the breaker but what happened all these days with the power on and no water...will this hurt the electrical system? I also checked the inside of the shell and outside on the walls and there are no obvious cracks.

Any ideas how/why this usually occurs and should I be checking anything or just wait until the dealer comes out?

I am also going to fully drain the tub so no chance of stagnant water freezing inside.

Thanks,

Marc

Hot Tub Forum

Went to change water...tub's already empty?!?!?
« on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:15 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Went to change water...tub's already empty?!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »
Odds are it is related to the ozone system.  It probably drained through there.  You have safety systems that should have shut the spa down and protected your equipment.

With luck it will be a simple fix.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:26:44 pm »
Odds are it is related to the ozone system.  It probably drained through there.  You have safety systems that should have shut the spa down and protected your equipment.

With luck it will be a simple fix.

Hey Dan I should not take the chance and refill right? Thanks.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:49:44 pm »

Hey Dan I should not take the chance and refill right? Thanks.
The service people will probably want it filled to diagnose where the leak is.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 02:19:59 pm »
Just curious on how this was ultimately handled?

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:24:19 am »
Just curious on how this was ultimately handled?

Sorry for not following up...

My local service dealer came out and changed the ozonator, declared it fixed and I refilled.  Two days later the tub was empty again!  He came out again, fixed it again and told me it should be fine.  I refilled and three weeks later no issues!

Should I be worried that 500 gallons TWICE drained through the ozonator?  Could this cause any internal parts to get waterlogged, etc.?

Not to mention I was not too thrilled that 1000 gallons drained near my foundation!

Marc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:24:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42