What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pacific Calypso has been delivered!  (Read 5132 times)

savethehumans

Pacific Calypso has been delivered!
« on: April 28, 2008, 05:08:16 pm »
I love the 41" depth, and the jets give a GREAT massage!  Anyways, It was delivered within a week, as we told the dealer that we had a party planed, and he accommodated us.  Took the time to go over everything and threw in quite a bit of "freebies" including a nice robe, towel, aromas and of course snoop doggy duck!

I must add that the built in stereo is a great add on, with FM, mp3 cd and the mp3 player we have unlimited music at our fingertips, cant wait to listen to the Oilers win on it in the winter.

Four days before we got it, all the snow was gone, and grass was turning green, we even hit record highs across the prairies.  Then we got 24 inches of snow! That why there is so much snow on april 24th...  :) Oh well made the first soak that much better.
Here are some pics.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 05:26:41 pm by JertheSpaOwner »

Hot Tub Forum

Pacific Calypso has been delivered!
« on: April 28, 2008, 05:08:16 pm »

savethehumans

Re: Pacific Calypso has been delivered!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »

The old and not so sexy tub...

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:28:18 pm by JertheSpaOwner »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 05:50:13 pm »
Beautiful tub
looks to have loads of foot room
you're going to love the foot dome
enjoy!

Cyn

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 06:09:55 pm »
Looks great!  Thanks for the pics...enjoy!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 06:22:13 pm »
Congrats!!!!  :D

Gotta say, love the "Snoop Doggy Duck"

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:05:16 pm »
WOW-WHATTA TUB!!  
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 09:26:11 pm »
BTW--love the Snoop Doggy Duck!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »
So did you buy from Vi at Best Plumbing on 118ave?

That storm we had was something else!  :o
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:43:02 pm by Steve »

savethehumans

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 10:54:36 pm »
I am about 1.5 hours NE of 118th...Bonnyville.

This tub looks 10x better at night with the triple fountain and 3 waterfalls...the lights have 6 colors but we like the one thats has them all flow together...dont like the strobe too much.  :) Not yet anyways.

Anyone have tips for taking night pics? I took a few with my compact point and shoot, but it looked like a tracer light show.  I will try reducing shutter speed and break out my SLR.  It works with the flash, but you dont see how cool the lights accent the tub.

I really cant get over how convenient the stereo is, and I didnt even want one.  Now I just need a portable XM player since I have AUX, (if I could only find some xbox360 controllers that are waterproof...I would grow webbed feet).  ;D

We are shocking it nightly with "Care Free Boost", and since it is just my wife and I use it 98% of the time, should that be enough? I havent even used the frog spa.  The tech doesnt think its needed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:55:41 pm by JertheSpaOwner »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:28:34 am »

I am about 1.5 hours NE of 118th...Bonnyville.

Ahhh, Bonnyville Water Conditioning! I knew the older guy who use to own it...kinda grumpy 'ol fart. ;)

Calypso

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 02:56:07 pm »
Congratulations on your new Pacific spa. We have the same Calypso spa and it definately offers a great massage and is very quiet. We got the floor model and  it came with everything including the stereo, system 3 purification, lights, water falls etc. The sports package with the hip, calf and wrist jets are excellent. If you really want to turn yourself into jelly turn off the jetson all but the 3 main seats. We love our tub and know you will enjoy yours

We have had our tub for a month and are still in it at least 8 times a week.

For night shots set your camera on a tripod, turn off the flash and use the timer or remote to take the picture so the camera is not jostled. We just have an Olympus 400 point and shoot that I set up on a ladder paint tray to take the attached night shot during our first soak. We also think the tub looks great at night. Put your hand under the fountain and a light spot will be on your hand. Simple ways to amuse your drinking guests.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2670390530025477295KKmrOD

Enjoy your tub :)

2007 Pacific Calypso

savethehumans

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 09:06:15 pm »

Ahhh, Bonnyville Water Conditioning! I knew the older guy who use to own it...kinda grumpy 'ol fart. ;)
;D, A guy thats about 35 is a co owner (I believe with another lady), and they are both very smart, nice and accommodating.  Chris has been there 5 years and I just moved back so I dont know who was there before, but good times now.

Thanks for the tips Calypso!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 09:06:39 pm by JertheSpaOwner »

Tanod

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 09:43:19 pm »
My Calypso will be arriving around the May 24th weekend.  I can hardly wait.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »
My Calypso will be arriving around the May 24th weekend.  I can hardly wait.

I don't remember ever hearing Pacific mentioned on this site before and within a week we're seeing them delivered to multiple new posters. Someone must have given the word in Western Canada to unleash the forces.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

savethehumans

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:34 am »

I don't remember ever hearing Pacific mentioned on this site before and within a week we're seeing them delivered to multiple new posters. Someone must have given the word in Western Canada to unleash the forces.

I thought my town only had one dealership, the Arctic Spa.  I was also impressed with them but they seemed like they could hit 14-15 grand with add ons.  Then I was told about the Pacific dealership and went in just for fun, not thinking they would be as well built for winter as they are.  Anyways, I pretty much decided on the spot that I would sell my wife on the Pacific, after negotiation...I was REALLY sold and couldn't be happier.

I think I would be happy with either one, but when you break it down, IMHO...Arctic has slightly better warranty, they are about the same quality (different insulation systems), Arctic was quite a bit more pricey for what you get, and the water in the Arctic dealership was VERY scummy (didnt even want to wet test), but my mothers neighbor love their arctic spa so I wet tested a 2 year old one...

Anyways, to each their own, of course, but check out different places and make sure you negotiate! I dropped my price $1000 and got quite a bit of add ons.  My purpose for posting here is to share the knowledge of a wonderful tub and from what im told...company!  The dealer if from Bonnyville and I find that a bonus as well for longevity. If you look at my old tub..you must understand my enthusiasm :D.  

On another note, if i use the frog spa inline bromine feeder, do I still shock it with anything at night? or more like, once a week? I dont have the bromine generator or UV...just the ozonator.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42