What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Aretesian vs Calspa HELP  (Read 4038 times)

rosepetal

Aretesian vs Calspa HELP
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »
This is our first hottub purchase.  Kids are gone and its just for husband and myself, maybe a neighbor or two sometimes.  We got a good price on a
 Aretesian antigua -cover mate, cover crystal water pkg,  chemkit,  step, delivery and installation  price $5499
the CalSpa Escape deluxe 60w/LED lighting, family fun w/sterio package, resin cabinet, waterfall, insulated hard cover, 5 yr surface warranty, 3 yrs pulmbing, equipment and controls, Jonas nw spa starter Kit, LC covermate 1 and step for $6711
aretesian would be from American Sales
Calspa from The Great Escape

Any help appreciated on spa or dealer

Hot Tub Forum

Aretesian vs Calspa HELP
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Aretesian vs Calspa HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 04:07:47 pm »
Well, you should decide what is important to you.  Sounds like the Cal Spa has lots of bells and whistles you may or may not want.  What is your budget?  Everyone here will encourage you to wet test.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

rosepetal

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:44:25 pm »
Thanks for responding.  The difference in price between the two isnt a big difference for us.  We just dont want to go higher.  We're in our mid 50's and hope to downsize in 5 to 8 years.  We're more concerned with which one is quieter, less breakage easier to get parts and of course best price for what we are getting, etc.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 05:15:46 pm »
By quiet do you mean when you are in the tub or during down time.  If by down time should consider anything with a quiet circulation pump.  Hot Spring and Tiger River and now Limelight have always had silent circulation pump.  Also parts readily available.

Can't speak to Artesian and Cal Spa too much.  Again, with the Cal, it sounds like you would be paying for a lot of extras that you don't need and may create problems.

Have you considered other brands?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:59:44 pm »
This is our first hottub purchase.  Kids are gone and its just for husband and myself, maybe a neighbor or two sometimes.  We got a good price on a
 Aretesian antigua -cover mate, cover crystal water pkg,  chemkit,  step, delivery and installation  price $5499
the CalSpa Escape deluxe 60w/LED lighting, family fun w/sterio package, resin cabinet, waterfall, insulated hard cover, 5 yr surface warranty, 3 yrs pulmbing, equipment and controls, Jonas nw spa starter Kit, LC covermate 1 and step for $6711
aretesian would be from American Sales
Calspa from The Great Escape

Any help appreciated on spa or dealer

I own an Artesian and it has been great so far. They can come with or without a circ pump and nothing is as quiet as a spa without a circ pump ... of course it may be offset by when the pump comes on to filter ;D  Seriously, the circ pump on the Artesian is a huge pump but it really is quiet, all I hear is it humming when I get close to the spa. If you get a spa without a circ pump just make sure that you can program it to filter between certain hours (Ex 8 AM to 10 AM and 8 PM to 10 PM) otherwise you may hear the spa kick in. The Artesian has about the same warranty and I will tell you that it even included jets, I believe I have read Cal doesn't include jets.

The only problems I have had were a bunch of certain size jets have broke but this was due to Waterway (jet MFG) using a different plastic - They were all covered under warranty and a air valve wouldn't stop injecting air - again covered under warranty. I have had my tub now for 3 years and I think I made a wise choice.

FYI, Artsian Island series can be ordered various ways and even if you got a tub without a circ pump and a bunch of jets - $5700 seems like a pretty good price IMO.

I can't say anything about Cal - there is one person here who has one and it seems he has good things to say about it.

wedag

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »
We got our hot springs spa from American sales and their service is very very good.
The great excape charges more to delever past the curb in front of your house.
I live in Alsip IL. and american sales put the tub where I wanted it.

rosepetal

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:08:49 pm »
Thank you for all your help.  My husband is the one who would use it the most and after I did some searching he shouldnt be using one!  Hes had a heart attack and is on blood thinners.  So I think we are going to get another pool instead.  We took ours down last year after 27 years it finally rusted.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:38:28 pm »
I know that rospetal won't see this but ...

It's a shame that people take medicine into their own hands. A doctor is the only person who can answer any questions whether a person if fit enough to use ANYTHING! Being oiverweight ang on the verge of hypertension I asked my doc if it would be OK to buy the tub and he said yes.

Too many people don't know enough to answer medical questions. And yes doctors like House are few and far between.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 10:42:43 am »
I'm often puzzled by this also...

If this same person went to their doctor and asked if it was OK to have baths, what would his/her response be? No one says the tub NEEDS to be 104+ degrees and so many people can benefit from the relief a hot tub provides at 98- 101 degrees for 10-15 minutes without raising the core temperature of the body.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:43:49 am by Steve »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:01 pm »
Hi all!! Nurse has to put her $.02 in!!  You guys couldn't have said it better!!  No matter what you are doing--diet exercise, or hot tubbing, it is always best to check with a trusted physician first.  I personally think the benefits may outweigh the risks, but it is very individualized.  Something the cardiologist should discuss.  I agree the temp SHOULD NOT be as high as 104 degrees.  

Well, I would wish rosepetal and her hubby well, but they probably won't see this either.

Chrisi ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42