What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 100% no by-pass filtration???  (Read 51281 times)

Summitman

Re: Jacuzzi 100% no by-pass filtration???
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2008, 04:09:03 pm »

:o  ::)  ;D

that shaft seal must be a touchy subject around the Artic camp

huh?  Not touchy on this end.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2008, 04:09:03 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2008, 04:21:41 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2008, 04:32:52 pm »
 Term, I think that is the most disturbingly hillarious clip I've seen in awhile. Thank you. ;D

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2008, 04:37:55 pm »
I have issues with your [size=14][glow]novel[/glow] [/size].  

Bubba did some research and you called his post a NOVEL. Seems a bit touchy to me.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:38:52 pm by soak-king »
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

BubbaGump

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2008, 04:42:46 pm »
This thread is great!

Hey Merlin, do you think you can get Maverick to get his head back in the game.???  This is what he has been up to lately...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883772879840922003

Get him back to his old form>????
http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1019564

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:26 pm »
Term, I think that is the most disturbingly hillarious clip I've seen in awhile. Thank you. ;D

That was video taken of me back when I kept my hair long and wore MuMus...before I quit drinkin' whiskey. :-[

Term (MuMu Free)

Summitman

« Reply #141 on: April 11, 2008, 04:47:21 pm »

Bubba did some research and you called his post a NOVEL. Seems a bit touchy to me.  ;)

I call a spade a spade. what can I say.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:58:17 pm by waylon33 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #142 on: April 11, 2008, 04:56:08 pm »

Summitman

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2008, 04:59:11 pm »

Great video, hilarious, I think I spit some beer up my nose.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:30 pm »

Water Boy

« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2008, 05:20:06 pm »
I know I said end of story, but I had some free time after selling two spas this morning.

I did some homework as well, and after reading the post that goarctic posted about the hot springs owners manual, here is what I found:

http://www.hotspring.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?c=3&f=pdfs/OwnersManual_2008.pdf

Arctic lists ALL of their disclaimers in their warranty. Everything that one needs to know about the warranty is clearly spelled out IN the warranty. This isnt true of the Hot Spring Warranty. In the HS owners manual,  there are many dos and don’ts listed that follow up with the words "not covered under warranty"

Why are those not disclosed under the warranty itself since some appear to be nitpicking warranties today. They are in fact listed in the attached owners manual all throughout if you take the time to read it too.

I will admit though that the two page Arctic warranty was a lot easier to read than thumbing through the Hot Springs 72 page owners manual to find the disclaimers.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2008, 05:46:34 pm »
I know I said end of story, but I had some free time after selling two spas this morning.

I sold two to two today, too! :D

BubbaGump

« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2008, 05:47:47 pm »
I know I said end of story, but I had some free time after selling two spas this morning.  Great News, I Sold a car today...

I did some homework as well, and after reading the post that goarctic posted about the hot springs owners manual, here is what I found:

http://www.hotspring.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi?c=3&f=pdfs/OwnersManual_2008.pdf

Arctic lists ALL of their disclaimers in their warranty. Everything that one needs to know about the warranty is clearly spelled out IN the warranty. This isnt true of the Hot Spring Warranty. In the HS owners manual,  there are many dos and don’ts listed that follow up with the words "not covered under warranty"   This really isnt about HS or Watkins for me, but if you have examples, I would like to read.

Why are those not disclosed under the warranty itself since some appear to be nitpicking warranties today. They are in fact listed in the attached owners manual all throughout if you take the time to read it too.  I am not nitpicking, I dont think, just asking questions about what I see in the Arctic Warranty.

I will admit though that the two page Arctic warranty was a lot easier to read than thumbing through the Hot Springs 72 page owners manual to find the disclaimers.
 You found disclaimers in all 72 pages???   :(

As I said earlier, I am sorry that I come across as harsh, it is the way I do things.  I dont pull any punches, and when the topic came up I started reading.   I am curious what you found in the Watkins owners manual that would surprise me.  It seems that everone has agreed that there is nothing in the Watkins warranty that is "out of the ordinary" for spa companies.  I have not reviewed the Arctic owners manual, is it available online?

As I also stated earlier the Forever Floor interests me because it could potentially save me a ton of money on other projects, I dont want to pour a concrete slab in my yard if I dont have to,  but it seems that the warranty is unclear on what is considered a suitable spot for placement.  It speaks to the level of the site but it also speaks to the fact that insufficiently prepared ground is something that can void the warranty.

Also, as stated earlier I am not DIY...  From the Arctic warranty, Union connection leaks are considered to be user serviceable and are not covered under warranty service, and any damage from these leaks are not covered under warranty.  So if it leaks, I have to fix it?

Page 2 Section Disclaimers, Last sentence.   Quote:
"Arcric Spas warranties are limited to a maximum amount of moneys received by Arctic Spas with respect to the sale of the spa."  IMHO this is a cap.
Can you explain this to me?  

Thanks,

Summitman

« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2008, 06:02:31 pm »
Im not waterboy but Ill take another shot.

"As I also stated earlier the Forever Floor interests me because it could potentially save me a ton of money on other projects, I dont want to pour a concrete slab in my yard if I dont have to,  but it seems that the warranty is unclear on what is considered a suitable spot for placement.  It speaks to the level of the site but it also speaks to the fact that insufficiently prepared ground is something that can void the warranty

The spa can be placed on any level solid surface.  Grass, gravel, dirt, concrete, supported wood deck. doesnt matter what type

I cant really explain the line about the capped warranty.  Like I said earlier I have delivered and service many a Arctic spa and sold arctics for a long time and had no clue about this.  I really think its a non-issue.  Maybe Tom can help with this one.

Dealers get no reimbursement for tightening up union connection leaks, as a dealer I have never charged a customer for going out to re-tighten a union.  It takes two seconds and is a rare occurrence.  Im sure most spa manufacturers are the same on this as well.

Summitman

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2008, 06:03:46 pm »

I sold two to two today, too! :D

Wow, seven this week by my count!  Selling about 400 a year.  Not to shabby!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2008, 06:03:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42