What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi and Islander Spas  (Read 8102 times)

Lisa

Re: Jacuzzi and Islander Spas
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »
Thanks for all your help...I have a feeling choosing a hot tub is going to be a lengthy process!  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 01:33:08 am »
It took me close to 6 months, Lisa, but it can be a fun process.  Wet test them, and enjoy!   8-)
Mike

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 01:58:55 am »
I'm curious, from the information on their website, they sound like they have different models.  However, they only show one spa.  How many models do they make?

I also find it interesting they claim to be the first to have acrylic tile in their spas.  I think Hot Spring might have something to say about that.  I'm not even sure if Hot Spring was the first, but since Island was started in 1995 (according to their website) they certainly were not the first.  Geez, tile is really out of style now anyway.  Hot Spring didn't give up on tile easily.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:01:20 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 01:18:41 pm »
 After looking at the website I remember seeing those spas at the Aqua show in Vegas, not many people were looking at them, while they may be a nice spa, I thought they were the shall we say ugliest looking spa I had ever seen.

Sorry but thats just my opinion.  :-X

Erin

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 04:25:10 pm »
Don't be sorry Jim. The pictures on their website don't do them justice. There are a lot of features that they offer (same as pretty much all the other manufacturers in the business), and they also offer different color shells and cabinets. And you can also order them without tile, so if its not something you like don't get it.

They are in the process of re-vamping their whole line and haven't updated their website yet. They are the only company left in the industry besides D1 that still have the one piece white shell. And we haven't had any problems with it yet, and we've been with them since 1995 (and also when it was Sequoia).

The rollasage came out about 3 years ago, and is actually pretty nice. It has the 3 balls in it that rotate up against your back.

Just make sure you do your research and you should be fine. Also wet test the models the dealer should be more than happy to fill a couple up for you.

Erin

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 04:30:22 pm »
Islander spas is really a manufacturer I would be weary about. A lot of midwest presence. The person(s) who represent them in the midwest used to do Sequoia spas which are no longer around and they look identical to Islander. Funny Sequoia dissappeared right when Islander showed up.  
Before the Seqouia/Islander switch over, there was similar incident with Seqouia/Cal-Ex spas, and before that Funs spas and the history goes on. The names change and the spas look the same, and then nobody warrants the previous brand name. This would be a major red flag to me."

I'm curious as to the midwest representative for Islander spas that you know?

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:46 pm »
They are the only company left in the industry besides D1 that still have the one piece white shell.

Is that the Endurol material, or comparable to?

The rollasage came out about 3 years ago, and is actually pretty nice. It has the 3 balls in it that rotate up against your back.

We use a "shiatsu"-style jet in one of our brands also.  (It's the one with the two large "fingers" - driven by water).  Very unique jet, great for deep tissue.  
Islander is the only other manufacturer I've seen who uses this.
Shoppers - that jet is worth trying - I have yet to find anything close to the feeling it provides.
That's the one I meant to ask about, I think I mixed them up.
Edit:  I think it's the Aquassage.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:50:50 pm by BauerN »
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Erin

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:02 pm »
It is very comparable to the Endurol.
And Islander has the Aquassage as well, but the Rollasage is something completely different. It sits below the water and is a round pad that has 3 rotating balls behind it. This is another jet that is definately worth trying!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:44 pm »
They are the only company left in the industry besides D1 that still have the one piece white shell.

Um, there is a little company called Hot Spring that uses the "one piece white shell." ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 05:53:17 pm »
Don't be sorry Jim. The pictures on their website don't do them justice. There are a lot of features that they offer (same as pretty much all the other manufacturers in the business), and they also offer different color shells and cabinets. And you can also order them without tile, so if its not something you like don't get it.

Just make sure you do your research and you should be fine. Also wet test the models the dealer should be more than happy to fill a couple up for you.

When I am ready to buy, I might just do that!    ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:55:08 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 06:09:29 pm »
It is very comparable to the Endurol.
And Islander has the Aquassage as well, but the Rollasage is something completely different. It sits below the water and is a round pad that has 3 rotating balls behind it. This is another jet that is definately worth trying!

After using the Aquassage, I'll bet the Rollassage feels pretty darn good too.  Does it feel as strong?  Might have to look for a wet test if I get to CA this winter.

JJ - after that pic you gave Term (so he says) - you better be buyin' from me!!!!
 >:(

Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Erin

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:22 am »
As I recall Hot Springs no longer uses the "one piece white shell". PLease correct me if I'm wrong.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 10:54:17 am »
As I recall Hot Springs no longer uses the "one piece white shell". PLease correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, it is down to two models, but we still sell them.

http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/classic_series_spas.html
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 01:11:35 pm »
Thanks for all your help...I have a feeling choosing a hot tub is going to be a lengthy process!  

Ohh, yeahhh!!  ;)  The more you look, the more you read this forum, the more overwhelmed you'll be.

The biggest key is to look around, don't be pressured, educate yourself as much as you can about the spas you are looking at, and know what price---in your head---that you are set on spending-and don't let the dealer know that. And, drumroll please.....WET TEST!!!!

Good luck and Have Fun ;D ;)!

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:18 pm »
Islander sells at home shows around our area.  They're not too much to write home about as far as aesthetics are concerned (they look sort of like a souped-up Solana), but they use a lot of Sequoia molds.  We have a ton of Sequoia spas in our area- they look very soundly built, but we're seeing more and more of them cut in half and sent to the dump.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42