What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Spas  (Read 34244 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Limelight Spas
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 12:56:04 pm »
I finally got mine. Wow - it looks better than I remember.

I was unloading the truck and trailer early this morning - and a guy came up. He wanted Big, a stereo, and Bling. I showed him the Limelight and new La Palma by taking them off the trailer, setting them down right there in the parking lot, and unwrapping them. He bought a LaPalma with stereo. If the larger Limelight had been ready to go, he would have bought that.

Good first showing, I would say.

We had a guy call in sick, so I just moved the two spas into the warehouse and left them near the door to the showroom. We have already shown it a couple more times, and I think we may have the Limelight sold.

They may not be 'hard to sell against,' but they also don't seem to be that hard to sell.

8-)

Swell, good luck with the search. I also tend to over analyze purchases myself. I've been looking for a laptop for over three months and can't pull the trigger. Compare that with the person above from Chas's post. He couldn't even wait for the wrapper to be taken off before he made the purchase. I bet he doesn't have a drawer full of spa brochures like we do.

My dad rides a Jap Cruiser and he feels the same way. What didn't you like about the HS model? A Grandee is quite a bit different than an Envoy. Do you have another HS dealer in your area? Maybe you could give the Grandee a shot before you are done.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 12:56:04 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 01:05:03 pm »
Do you get to Southern Cal at all? I would fill my Grandee for you if I knew you were coming.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 01:23:37 pm »
 To clear a few things up, I don't bash the competition during a sales presentation, I do show them the benifits of why they should own a Jacuzzi, and I don't just come out and say a Hot Springs is an overpriced hunk of plastic.
  Usually when the subject comes up, it is after the sale has been made  or during the write up, even as long as a week or two later when they comment how happy they are they purchased a Jacuzzi. I go through the pricing with the customer, and it sometimes comes up how the Hot springs they were looking at was so high priced.   I simply say, yes I believe they are over priced for what you get.

Case in point, I sold a J-315 to a lady that was looking at a jetsetter,   I sold her the J-315 for 5495.00 she remind you, she told me they wanted 7400.00 for the jetsetter.  Now I know pricing can vary all over the country for spa's, but to me there is no way in -ell a jetsetter is worth 7400 bucks least not to me anyway, and judging from my sales a lot of people that shop around here agree with me.  

I should add this lady first wet tested the jetsetter, she called me and wanted to try a J-325, so I filled it for her, then she wanted to try the J-315 so I transfered water and that was the ticket. ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:09:00 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

104 degrees

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 01:29:10 pm »

Case in point, I sold a J-315 to a lady that was looking at a jetsetter,   I sold her the J-315 for 5495.00 she remind you, she told me they wanted 7400.00 for the jetsetter.  Now I know pricing can vary all over the country for spa's, but to me there is no way in -ell a jetsetter is worth 7400 bucks least not to me anyway, and judging from my sales a lot of people that shop around here agree with me.  

Jet wise, Jacuzzi is the leader :)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2008, 01:47:22 pm »
Wow - I guess I should buy another Hawg. I mean, as long as I am going to be lumped into a group of people, I might as well live up to the stereotype. Actually, I sold my Harley close to thirty years ago because the parts were so expensive. Unfortunately, it kept rattling those expensive parts off onto the road as I drove it. I know - the EVO and other improvements have erased all of that...

So - what I want to know is if I was going down the road in my HotSpring, would other Harley riders wave at me?

8-)

My assistant rides a Harley and she will ride with me, so I am excepted by the female Harley owners, I guess when you pay 20 grand for a motorcycle you feel like a member of the Grey Poupon group or something. I acted this way when I bought a Lexus and then I went to the service department to have a spare key made. It cost $150 and while I was waiting in the waiting area that had Cherry Wood book cases with coffee, donuts, cookies, free pop, large flat screen TV's, WiFi, leather couches, etc, I thought "what have I done?" I've become one of those Grey Poupon people. I ran home and threw mud on my Lexus so that I could hide the guilt. BTW I had a key lob made for my wifes Toyota Avalon last week and it cost $300. So I guess with these new cars you better not lose your keys.

Anyway my problem with most tubs is finding a deep seat. I'm 6'0" and my wife is 5'5" and we both have a 30" inseam on our pants. So I have an extra 7" in the torso (there I go bragging again). When I sit in a tub I want my shoulders under the water and neck jets making butter out of my neck, which is my major problem area. Also I don't want a lounger or whimpy jets and I want color lights, waterfall, nice sound system and a tub that isn't so noisy that you can't carry on a conversation while you are sitting in it. Am I asking to much or is there such a spa?

Scott  ::)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2008, 02:13:40 pm »
Thats funny cause  tell everyone that a Hot Springs is not really any better than a Jacuzzi, Sundance or Marquis,D1 just different and over priced, and most say yeah they are over priced, as I sell em a Jacuzzi.

To clear a few things up, I don't bash the competition during a sales presentation
[/b]

..and I don't just come out and say a Hot Springs is an overpriced hunk of plastic.

Usually when the subject comes up, it is after the sale has been made  or during the write up, even as long as a week or two later when they comment how happy they are they purchased a Jacuzzi. I go through the pricing with the customer, and it sometimes comes up how the Hot springs they were looking at was so high priced.   I simply say, yes I believe they are over priced for what you get.

:-?

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2008, 02:21:34 pm »
Maybe your competition is overpriced, but that doesn't go for Hot Spring on the whole.  I'm not going to bash Jacuzzi, but from my own personal experience, Hot Spring Spas are worth more money than most competitors.  We don't have much of a trade-in business that doesn't revolve around other brands of spas.  I've got a few customers that still have their Hot Spring tubs from 25-28 years ago.

I fail to see how a quarter of a century of enjoyment is 'overpriced for what you get.'

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2008, 02:28:53 pm »
Do you get to Southern Cal at all? I would fill my Grandee for you if I knew you were coming.

8-)
What part of Southern CA?
I'm guessing I could get Spa's by Renee to fill up a Grandee for me.
So I'm serious here, the HS seems a little under powered, does the Grandee use the same pumps as the Envoy?
Also does the Caldera have different jets or larger pumps because they seem to have more water action.
What I liked best about HS is that they had their own service department instead of farming it out. They also had a warehouse of spare parts so you didn't need to wait for parts to arrive. I felt like I would get the best support after the sale with the local HS dealer.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2008, 02:31:35 pm »

[/b]

:-?

Term

I should have said let me refraise that!    And I probably shouldn't have posted it after so many cold ones.    ;)

Doesn't matter I know how I sell.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2008, 02:57:39 pm »
Maybe your competition is overpriced, but that doesn't go for Hot Spring on the whole.  I'm not going to bash Jacuzzi, but from my own personal experience, Hot Spring Spas are worth more money than most competitors.  We don't have much of a trade-in business that doesn't revolve around other brands of spas.  I've got a few customers that still have their Hot Spring tubs from 25-28 years ago.

I fail to see how a quarter of a century of enjoyment is 'overpriced for what you get.'

Sorry I forgot,  Jacuzzi hasn't been around very long.   8-)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2008, 03:02:27 pm »
I should have said let me refraise that!    And I probably shouldn't have posted it after so many cold ones.    ;)

You should not drink and post....

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 03:09:34 pm »

I appreciate what your saying. But there are several makers who have 20 old plus years tub people are still soaking in. I think HS is a fine tub and if it is the right tub for the person looking a great choice but no better, no worse than a Marquis, Jacuzzi, Sundance, D-1 and a  few others. each of those makers all have things that they do better than the others but are so close that it comes down to personal preference.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2008, 03:12:59 pm »

Sorry I forgot,  Jacuzzi hasn't been around very long.   8-)

I am not sure or not but with over 250 pattens, I think they have more than the rest of the industry combined.

Spiderman

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2008, 07:46:11 pm »
I finally got mine. Wow - it looks better than I remember.

I was unloading the truck and trailer early this morning - and a guy came up. He wanted Big, a stereo, and Bling. I showed him the Limelight and new La Palma by taking them off the trailer, setting them down right there in the parking lot, and unwrapping them. He bought a LaPalma with stereo. If the larger Limelight had been ready to go, he would have bought that.

Good first showing, I would say.

We had a guy call in sick, so I just moved the two spas into the warehouse and left them near the door to the showroom. We have already shown it a couple more times, and I think we may have the Limelight sold.

They may not be 'hard to sell against,' but they also don't seem to be that hard to sell.

8-)

Congrats on the success with the new spas!  Our Limelight will be here Tuesday or Wednesday, which someone is already eyeing up.  I can't wait to get it up and running in the showroom.  

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42:08 am »
What part of Southern CA?
I'm guessing I could get Spa's by Renee to fill up a Grandee for me.
So I'm serious here, the HS seems a little under powered, does the Grandee use the same pumps as the Envoy?
Also does the Caldera have different jets or larger pumps because they seem to have more water action.
What I liked best about HS is that they had their own service department instead of farming it out. They also had a warehouse of spare parts so you didn't need to wait for parts to arrive. I felt like I would get the best support after the sale with the local HS dealer.

Scott  :)

I believe the Caldera spas typically put out more jet pressure than HS. I'm not sure if this has to do with using more powerful pumps or if it's related to having bypass filtering. The dealers might be able to chime in here.

I was in the same camp when I was looking for a spas. I thought I wanted a spa that would pound you with very high jet pressure. As it turns out, you can only take a few minutes of that. As a matter of fact, 80% of the time my family turns the jets completely off when we soak.  I would tend to go with a dealer that you can trust and one that will be around for you in the future. Good luck with your quest.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 12:42:49 am by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 12:42:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42