What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight Spas  (Read 34249 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Limelight Spas
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2008, 06:48:55 pm »
Problem is if you make a lower end price point spa to nice, it can hurt your high end sellers.

Heh heh heh....the Limelight served its purpose today:  I used it to sell a HS Vista, Vanguard, and 2 Sovereigns today.  It is a great comparative tool to show how everyone else makes spas and then how HotSprings are made.  I love the thing!

Happy Easter Pie to all!

Term  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2008, 06:48:55 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:02 pm »
I'm confused..."how everyone else makes spas? I thought thi Limelight was a beautiful new (less expensive) addition to the HS line, why would it be the bad example?  :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »
It's not a BAD example, it's just everything that a HotSpring is not for the most part:  a lot of jets, a lot of lights, a lot of bypass valves, metal frame, less insulation, less expensive.  So, I showed it to folks and explained that this is how most of the other spas are made nowadays and they said "Yes, this is similiar to what the Doololly Spa salesman showed us" and I said "Now, this is how the HotSpring Spas are different".

Everyone today liked the difference.  Tomorrow it may be just the opposite.

I really do think the Limelight Tubs will become very popular, but the HotSpring Spas are still pretty hard to beat.

Anyways, it was a busy day and I hope tomorrow is as well for all us hardworkin' spa peddlers!

Term

Summitman

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »

Heh heh heh....the Limelight served its purpose today:  I used it to sell a HS Vista, Vanguard, and 2 Sovereigns today.  It is a great comparative tool to show how everyone else makes spas and then how HotSprings are made.  I love the thing!

Happy Easter Pie to all!

Term  

maybe everyone else but Arctic.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:55 pm »
maybe everyone else but Arctic.  

I was referring to competing brands sold locally.  Arctic does not have a dealer in our area as far as I know.

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2008, 08:27:19 pm »
 Thats funny cause  tell everyone that a Hot Springs is not really any better than a Jacuzzi, Sundance or Marquis,D1 just different and over priced, and most say yeah they are over priced, as I sell em a Jacuzzi.

Really with out getting into a huge debate which I am sure this will become after I say this.  What makes a Hot Springs so much better than any of the other major manufacturers?    Cause to tell you the truth, I don't see it.

Lets see no bypass filtration, moto massage, full foam, jets, warranty,ozone, construction? Or let me guess they never break down?  Yeah right.  ::)  The only thing I see there is no by pass filtration WOW, moto massage, some people hate it, some love it, most I have talked to that wet tested did not care for it.  So please enlighten me as to why a HS spa is really so much better than the Jacuzzi's I sell.

And I will agree that HS does build a nice spa but it dang sure is not as nice as any other major spa builders spa.

Summitman

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 08:33:29 pm »

I was referring to competing brands sold locally.  Arctic does not have a dealer in our area as far as I know.

Term

I just wanted the "everyone else" statement clarified thats all.  You are correct, no Arctic dealer in your area.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:09 pm »
Thats funny cause  tell everyone that a Hot Springs is not really any better than a Jacuzzi, Sundance or Marquis,D1 just different and over priced, and most say yeah they are over priced, as I sell em a Jacuzzi.

Really with out getting into a huge debate which I am sure this will become after I say this.  What makes a Hot Springs so much better than any of the other major manufacturers?    Cause to tell you the truth, I don't see it.

Lets see no bypass filtration, moto massage, full foam, jets, warranty,ozone, construction? Or let me guess they never break down?  Yeah right.  ::)  The only thing I see there is no by pass filtration WOW, moto massage, some people hate it, some love it, most I have talked to that wet tested did not care for it.  So please enlighten me as to why a HS spa is really so much better than the Jacuzzi's I sell.

And I will agree that HS does build a nice spa but it dang sure is not as nice as any other major spa builders spa.

It is always better to be honest with customers and to be positive.  When you tell a prospective customer that the competitor is "overpriced" and that "their spa is no better than mine", you will sound like every other salesman peddling something.

I much prefer the approach of saying "This is similiar to what you have seen at the other places you've shopped.  Since you are still shopping, you have obviously not found what you were looking for.  If you have a few minutes, I will be happy to show you how we do things differently from the others.  Hopefully, you will find what you're looking for."

Then I show them the differences and let THE CUSTOMER decide which makes the most sense and is best FOR THEM.  Most of the time, they like what they see here.  Sometimes they don't and I simply remind myself that I will probably get an opportunity to sell them a spa in a few years.  Other times, they hate me and I hate them and we promise to naked Indian wrestle if our paths ever cross again.

Every salesperson has their own approach.  This is mine.

Ya'll be good! :)

Term

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2008, 09:09:22 pm »
What makes a Hot Springs so much better than any of the other major manufacturers?    Cause to tell you the truth, I don't see it.

So please enlighten me as to why a HS spa is really so much better than the Jacuzzi's I sell.  

The answer, my little pidgeon, is complicated, but I will try to explain:

[size=16]BECAUSE IT'S A HOT SPRING SPA!![/size].  

Rich
Drinkin' the new Limelight Kool-Aid   :D :D

(But, Jim, I do have a Jacuzzi jetted tub and a Jacuzzi shower in my bathroom....)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:14:39 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2008, 09:54:52 am »
Good for Hot springs to introduce a new line, but, it pretty much looks like a remake of a lot spas already made!    ::)    Wont be hard to sell against!

Ouch!!!! That's going to hurt....  :o
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2008, 10:32:03 am »
I'm very new to the Spa arena and I'm trying to purchase my first one. The only source I have been using other than spa store salesmen and a co-worker is this website.

The HS dealers on this site remind me of Harley Davidson owners. I ride a rice-burner cruiser and have owned and rode many brands over the years. When on the road I can't always get a Harley rider to wave to me. I have a Fat Boy looking cruiser and sometimes they think I'm on a Harley.

The point I'm trying to make is that it is great to be proud of the product you sell as long as you don't put your nose in the air while doing it.

The hardest thing I'm dealing with is that there is several good choices out there and my decision is taking a long time because I keep scheduling wet tests. And the other thing is that the model that might be just right for me is not wet on the show floor. Example is at the Hot Spring dealer I thought the Grandee would be the right spa for me but he had me test an Envoy which I found very uncomfortable. At the Jacuzzi dealer we thought a J-470 or J-365 would be the ticket and they had me test a J-465 and J-345 which the family did enjoy the J-345. The Coast dealer did pull the tub from the warehouse and fill it for me so that I could test the Radiance model I was looking at so that was cool but a little too cool because the water was only 88 degrees.

If I bought a spa right now it would be either a Coast Spa or a Jacuzzi spa. The thing I really enjoyed about the local Jacuzzi dealer is that they refused to talk bad about any of their competitors, they would only talk about the benefits of owning a Jacuzzi which was very classy. I liked East Tx Spa's comment earlier all except the naked Indian thing.

OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox now, sorry if I offended anyone.....

Scott :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2008, 12:00:09 pm »
Swell-tub, I think that last post was spot-on!  I feel exactly the same way about salesman bashing their competition. I just ordered a Marquis Epic.  The salesman used to sell HS, and he had nothing but praise for their tubs as well, and I told him that HS was my 2nd choice.  I currently ride a Harley, but I remember the 20+ years I rode a Japanese bike before that -- Not a single Harley guy would wave, if they recognized the bike as foreign.  Some of my friends wouldn't even invite me to ride with them, if they knew all their "Harley friends" were coming out.  Great analogy!   8-)
Mike

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2008, 12:12:50 pm »
I liked East Tx Spa's comment earlier all except the naked Indian thing.

I'm sorry.  I should have said Pehlwani.

Term

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2008, 12:20:47 pm »

I'm sorry.  I should have said Pehlwani.

Term

There you go again using them big fancy words.....

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »
Wow - I guess I should buy another Hawg. I mean, as long as I am going to be lumped into a group of people, I might as well live up to the stereotype. Actually, I sold my Harley close to thirty years ago because the parts were so expensive. Unfortunately, it kept rattling those expensive parts off onto the road as I drove it. I know - the EVO and other improvements have erased all of that...

So - what I want to know is if I was going down the road in my HotSpring, would other Harley riders wave at me?

As to the question, "what makes HotSpring better," I would simply say this -

Watkins makes some fine products. They live up to the promises they make, and perform well for a lifetime. If you find one which fits your yard, your back, and your budget, you should buy it - you will not be disappointed.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 12:42:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42