What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to pull trigger on Pelican or Piper Glenn  (Read 13260 times)

Spatini

Ready to pull trigger on Pelican or Piper Glenn
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:30 pm »
After Much wet testing and reading countless posts here, Iam ready to get either the Artesian Piper or the Pelican Bay , I have decided I really want a tub with the footdome feature as I am 5'10" 185 and wife is about 5' 2" 108, my local dealer is HS and I really liked the Vista but without something to brace my feet against I was getting pushed out or straining to much to relax trying to stay seated, tried the tiger river capsian and loved the foot dome but the jets did not hit me right , so I drove about 75 miles to the Artesian dealer stopping at the Sundance dealer in between about 45 miles away, tried the cameo and I really enjoyed it and thought the lounge fit me better than the vista ( I think you need to be about 6'2" to fit the vista ) seats were good and the jets fit me better also , then I tried the Artesian elite Dove canyon and man for me it was awesome, the lounge fit with no floating, the corner seats were awesome and I loved the single seat controls ( one of my favorite things , EASY to use with no trying to figure out the diverters ) but it did not have a footdome ,So the Piper and the Pelican have the dome and the Pelican also has the lounge but its huge, wife says I always overdo everything , but I love the Pelican, any way They want $11500. for the 08 Piper with the DynaBrite Lights and $12,900 for the 08 Pelican with the DyanaBrite and the PolyPlaner stereo ,
also cover, cradle ,steps , startup chems and free delivery on both. does this sound reasonable , they want half down to order and said it would take about three weeks, company is very reputable so that doesnt bother me, any thought would be helpful and appriciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Ready to pull trigger on Pelican or Piper Glenn
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:30 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Ready to pull trigger on Pelican or Piper Glen
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:11:27 pm »
Spatini--having checked out the Pipers ourselves, on line only, since the only 2 dealers we can find are 80 miles (and he only carries an occasional Island series, not even a Grand Cayman) and even further about 150 miles, we haven't visited them yet.

Definately ask about service--should you require service at what cost, if any to you (and as everyone will say here-- in writing).  THe State College dealer already told me AT LEAST 150.  I personally like to see what I can talk a dealer in to, (no, dealers--not wanting everything for nothing)--espeically if I am traveling 75 miles.  

As far as pricing--depends on how comfortable you feel with that kind of cash departure--if the Piper is what you want--see if they'll throw in a stereo for free.  Are there any home shows??  Most dealers will run home show prices.  (in my expereince.)

I wish I could further provide an opinion about the expense=I haven't really priced them.

wishing you luck--seems there are a few happy Artesian owners on this post!!

Chrisi

WWHT
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Spatini

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
I left this for you in another thread , sorry about the repeat
The Artesian Dealer is about 75-80 miles from me and for the first year they will not charge a service fee between 2-5 they will charge a $60.00 fee .You are right I live just on the western side of the mississippi , in AR, I really wanted to go with HS as the dealer is about 5 miles from home but I just could not find one that fit me right, I have been on a quest for about 6 months now .You should take Hubby on a road trip and try the Pelican it is so roomy and the fit and finish is great,I loved the single seat controls , the lounge was countoured perfectly and not so deep to float you out,But $$$$$$$ ouch. good luck in your search

wewannahottub

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 10:38:21 pm »
I know we'll take a drive.  For me, it's nothing to go there, my son is in PSU.  I worry about the dealer itself----my brief interaction has left me scratching my head  [smiley=huh.gif] :question.  I am waiting to wet test an Arctic Tundra (and I know that will cost some FAT bank!!) and a Dynasty, either Caspian 55, with nice seats or the Excalibur sereis Titan 5000 with a nice foot well (as well!)  We were going to wet test a jacuzzi J470, but sitting in the 480 didn't feel right either--I'd have to sit like I am prim and proper (NOT) to get some calf therapy.  THe calf jets on the caldera Niagara--the set up on the one corner seat, left me thinking of giving it a try.

As for HS,  many of ther posters on this forum are HS-passionate, so I agree with you there--HS wasn't right for me--or hubby--and we aren't interested.  Haven't entirely ruled out Caldera.

I'll post when (and I am sure it will be a when) we drive 3 hours to see a tub!!

8-) 8-)

Chrisi

here's to you and miller time-- [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] ;)

Tailhooker

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:10 pm »
I know we'll take a drive.  For me, it's nothing to go there, my son is in PSU.  I worry about the dealer itself----my brief interaction has left me scratching my head  [smiley=huh.gif] :question.  I am waiting to wet test an Arctic Tundra (and I know that will cost some FAT bank!!) and a Dynasty, either Caspian 55, with nice seats or the Excalibur sereis Titan 5000 with a nice foot well (as well!)  We were going to wet test a jacuzzi J470, but sitting in the 480 didn't feel right either--I'd have to sit like I am prim and proper (NOT) to get some calf therapy.  THe calf jets on the caldera Niagara--the set up on the one corner seat, left me thinking of giving it a try.

As for HS,  many of ther posters on this forum are HS-passionate, so I agree with you there--HS wasn't right for me--or hubby--and we aren't interested.  Haven't entirely ruled out Caldera.

I'll post when (and I am sure it will be a when) we drive 3 hours to see a tub!!

8-) 8-)

Chrisi

here's to you and miller time-- [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] ;)
I wish that there was a 480 here to test, that lounger looked like it was pretty good for bigger people, I only have a 465 here.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 12:13:23 am »
I liked the Piper Glen -- priced here (Chicago) about the same they're talking with you.  I did like the HS, but I'm with you -- I didn't care for the lounger all that much.  We tested the Envoy.  I did like the tub enough to have tested either a Vanguard or a Grandee, but couldn't find one wet at any of the HS stores around here.  Foolish on their part, I thought, not to have a non-lounger wet -- the HS dealer here has 6 or 7 stores in the Chicago area.  Not one had a non-lounger wet.
Loungers are very subjective.  In all of my wet testing, there were only two I liked -- J480 Jacuzzi and Marquis Epic.  J480 was in the same price point as the Piper Glen you're testing -- which was a little more than I hoped to spend.
Good luck with your search!
Mike

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:28 am »
Hi Spatini - we have the Piper Glen - bought it in 2006 and paid 10K, so I don't think that 1500 more 2 years later is a bad deal.  We love our tub and I bet if they had the Pelican Bay available in 2006 we probably would have been torn between the two tubs as well.  We actually wet tested the Dove Canyon too but we knew we didn't want a lounger so we got the Piper Glen.  
Our dealer could be better.  Where are you located?

Good luck!

Spatini

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:15 am »
Bohms
 If they didnt have the Pelican , I to would get the Piper Glen , although I liked the Dove Canyon, no real foot dome and the lounger  took up more room then I would have liked and would rather have the 4 corners , butttt with the pelican I can have both the lounger and the room , a little trade off on the 4 corner seats but still OK , just have to make up my mind , seems like a little better deal on the Pelican than the Piper , I am in AR and ironicaly in the Hot Springs area.

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:09:59 am »
I think someone else on this forum was quoted $13500 for the Pelican Bay (if my memory serves me right).  If you didn't do a search for Pelican Bay yet, then try it - you should come up with one or two other quotes that people were given.
I had the same beef with the Dove Canyon....I wanted more foot dome and just more room in general.  We love having four corner seats - they definitely get the most use.  My husband and I like to rotate from corner seat to corner seat and that's what we do EVERY soak.
Good luck to you and I hope you're happy with your final decision.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 10:20:05 am »
I was given the price of 12K for a Pelican Bay with all the bling just 2 months ago from the factory here in Vegas.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 10:51:43 am »
I think someone else on this forum was quoted $13500 for the Pelican Bay (if my memory serves me right).  

Bohms--is it possible you may be thinking of my thread about Clearwater Orlando spa-with a quoted price of >13,500?? :-/
WWHT

Spatini

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:17:50 am »
I was given the price of 12K for a Pelican Bay with all the bling just 2 months ago from the factory here in Vegas.

Scott  ;)

Swell-Tub '
 did that include the Poly Planer and dynabrite , that seems to be a good price , But it would cost me waaaay more than $900 to drive there and pick it up , so the price I was given does not seem bad at all.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 11:33:15 am »

Swell-Tub '
 did that include the Poly Planer and dynabrite , that seems to be a good price , But it would cost me waaaay more than $900 to drive there and pick it up , so the price I was given does not seem bad at all.
It did have the Poly Planer but I'm not sure what the dynabrite is. I'm guessing shipping costs are why the prices are higher when you get away from the factory here in Vegas.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Spatini

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 02:02:01 pm »
Swell,
Dynabrite is the upgraded led lighting, after reading your post on going to the Artesian factory, did you ever wet test that pelican ??

Guelphgirl

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 02:19:38 pm »
My husband & I just paid $10,200 (Canadian, but the dollars are about par now) for a 2007 Piper Glen. That includes delivery and set up. The tub was on the floor so we took it as is. It has all the upgrades except stereo. Now if the snow would just melt so we can build our new deck and install it...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 02:19:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42