What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salesperson issues...  (Read 54903 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Salesperson issues...
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2008, 12:02:00 am »
WWHT

What Was He Thinking? Right?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2008, 12:02:00 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2008, 12:03:45 am »

What Was He Thinking? Right?

GOOD ONE!!  hahaha ;D

really-short for wewannahottub--too much to type
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2008, 12:07:11 am »

GOOD ONE!!  hahaha ;D

really-short for wewannahottub--too much to type

2 more posts and you will advance from newbie.....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2008, 12:12:12 am »
DONE!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2008, 12:13:04 am »
But as the debates went on, and as well as calling the local dealer, it was then noted that the warranty would be much less (3 years to be specific).  That would be my one turn-off on the spa, sad to say.

Fine and dandy by me...I agree, 3 years isn't very long.  That's part of the reason why it is priced so low.

I hope all of the posting that has gone on today has made one thing very clear to shoppers and Steve said it right off the bat:  The consumer bears the cost of the warranty.  If you want a longer warranty, you will have to pay more money.  Period.

If anyone tells you differently...well...use your good common sense and you'll figure it out.

I wish you well in your search and hope you find just what you're looking for! :)

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wewannahottub

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2008, 12:19:08 am »
I definately agree--but I am terrible at renewing warranties when they expire.  Nothin in life is ever free.  It is all still up for debate until some tubs I wanna wet test are available.  And, hubby still wants to travel the world to check out Artesian.  Hell, he's the best hubby and deserves whatev he wants.  CUte too.  I drive him nuts.  Poor guy.

But thanks [smiley=dankk2.gif]for all the info and input.  And you guys do offer comic relief.

WWHT

Kawwboy

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2008, 12:41:44 am »
OK, I give, I have to put my two cents worth in.

I think that some of the bashing when going from dealer to dealer, is or was do to comparing different brands. That is when you ask what about this or that. I wouldn't really call it bashing but sticking up for what you sell. I had only three dealers, and I didn't have a problem with any.

Now, three months later, I do not get the same eager to serve mentallity. I did lots of research here and on other sites. About six months of sitting at this computer. So I am still happy with my purchase.

This site is very helpful, and entertaining. You just have to put the waders on from time to time ;D      Opinions and  ::) everyone has one............

Just stay with the top ten like they tell you and wet test....

Keep up the good work!!!

And thanks again...........

wewannahottub

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2008, 12:45:34 am »
Really, now, the bashing is more like a wet noodle!!!!!!!!! :o

It's ok, now.  I really didn't take anyone seriously!!

WWHT 8-)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:15 am »
These salesmen should be hung by their nards... >:( I guess when education, knowledge and facts are in short supply, there's always those bs stories that can persuade your prospective buyer into buying something other than a spa... great approach! ::)

Kind of like all these salesmen all over this forum huh?? This place is full of nothing but negativity. I can only imagine what Chrisi, the person that started this thread is thinking right now. It's pretty sad that when she comes on here for advice, and when advice is given by some, it turns into some twisted slanted thread. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I can't believe the bashing that goes on around here, I really can't. If you guys talk like this on this board, I am sure you do that in your stores as well, and that is a shame. No wonder Swell tub hasn’t found a tub or store he is comfortable with yet. He must be talking to salesmen like you guys. It's you guys that are scaring the people into buying other things.

Where did THAT come from?  :-? Ask prospective hot tub buyers what they think of this forum and whether or not they receive sound advise from the large majority of professionals that come here to help...

Me thinks you're just in a pissy pants mood... :)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2008, 10:05:13 am »
wewannahottub--

2 points:

1.  You can get a stereo on any Caldera.  In Hot Spring we call it Moonlight.  Not sure what Caldera calls it.  It uses the Icast system.

2.  As was pointed out in another thread, warranty has cost.  If one spa is $8000 w/ 3 year warranty and another is $10000 w/ 5 year warranty and all other things being equal, you would have $2000 saved which you could apply to repairs as needed down the road.

Good luck with your search.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2008, 10:57:02 am »
Requirements for this forum:    1. sense of humor    2. thick skin     3.  get over yourself already

I agree 104%.

I've followed the last couple days and if this is excessive bashing then be glad you're on this site at this time because it is calm compared to how it used to be.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2008, 11:04:37 am »
What I have figured out is that you can't say anything bad about Hot Springs on this forum because it really gets Jacuzzi Jim upset when you do  ;D.

Oh I crack myself up..........
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2008, 11:13:47 am »
So what questions should I ask the Sundance dealer tonight when I wet test the Maxxum.

He claims that only Sundance has non moving jets and that reduces repairs. He also showed his fragrance module in the air blower. He said Sundance is the best built with the least amount of repairs in the spa business. Remember he is a salesman...
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2008, 11:22:15 am »
So what questions should I ask the Sundance dealer tonight when I wet test the Maxxum.

He claims that only Sundance has non moving jets and that reduces repairs. He also showed his fragrance module in the air blower. He said Sundance is the best built with the least amount of repairs in the spa business. Remember he is a salesman...
Scott  ;)

First off, ask for documentation to back up anything he says like "least repairs". In order to state that as fact, he would have to have the service records of all other manufacturers readily available to show you. If he can't, tell him nicely that he should stick to the facts and not BS you.

I'm not big on the sell of non-moving jets. Jets are very inexpensive and if you have to replace one 5 years down the road for $20, who really cares? :-/

As for the wet test, try all seats, have the temp around 101-102 (104 is too hot inside), bring the family, drink water and you will be the only judge of what you like and dislike. Sundance is a good product but the larger issue to me personally is whether or not I trust my dealer. If he can lie to me now, do I expect it to get any better once I've purchased?

Stay away from a blower... noisy and they cool the water! Ask him why there is a need for a blower. If the spa has great jets and the jet pumps are powerful enough to give great therapy, why is there a need for a blower? I'd love to hear his response...

Just enjoy the wet test. There's nothing he can tell you that you can't feel on your own during the soak.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 11:27:47 am by Steve »

Summitman

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:22 am »

First off, ask for documentation to back up anything he says like "least repairs". In order to state that as fact, he would have to have the service records of all other manufacturers readily available to show you. If he can't, tell him nicely that he should stick to the facts and not BS you.

I'm not big on the sell of non-moving jets. Jets are very inexpensive and if you have to replace one 5 years down the road for $20, who really cares? :-/

As for the wet test, try all seats, have the temp around 101-102 (104 is too hot inside), bring the family, drink water and you will be the only judge of what you like and dislike. Sundance is a good product but the larger issue to me personally is whether or not I trust my dealer. If he can lie to me now, do I expect it to get any better once I've purchased?

Stay away from a blower... noisy and they cool the water! Ask him why there is a need for a blower. If the spa has great jets and the jet pumps are powerful enough to give great therapy, why is there a need for a blower? I'd love to hear his response...

Just enjoy the wet test. There's nothing he can tell you that you can't feel on your own during the soak.

keep in mind, that swell tub lives in a warmer climate and the blower could actually benefit in cooling the water off.  The blower does have benefits, try it for yourself, have an open mind when you wet test.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42