What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??  (Read 7745 times)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:45:11 pm »
Hi!!  It's wewannahottub again!! ;)

I was wondering if anyone can give me a thought on Artesian spas/dealers.  Hubby is hooked on seeing the Piper Glen, and the dealer "in our area" is 80 miles away.  I personally don't want to travel that far just to see a spa.  Going by looks alone on a computer is completely different than sitting, dry or wet testing, IN the spa.  The rural dealer carries the lower-end series.  Can dealers trade?  (you know, like car dealers trade vehicles to make a sale?)

Again, thoughts/comments/concerns are appreciated. :D  
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:45:11 pm »

tinybubbles

Re: Southwestern PA Artesian Dealers??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:42:57 am »
I have an Artesian, but I guess it's the "low end" you are referring to.  We have the captiva which is part of the island series.  It has 2 single speed pumps, a circulation pump, full foam insulation, a waterfall, led light show and stainless steel escutcheons.  We love it.  I didn't test any of their higher end spas.  $7k was our limit.  If the higher end spas are even better than what we have, I'd make the drive.  We bought our spa a little over 60 miles from our home.  I just made sure the dealer would service it in our area.  Good Luck.

wewannahottub

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 10:40:06 am »
I have an Artesian, but I guess it's the "low end" you are referring to.  We have the captiva which is part of the island series.  It has 2 single speed pumps, a circulation pump, full foam insulation, a waterfall, led light show and stainless steel escutcheons.  We love it.  I didn't test any of their higher end spas.  $7k was our limit.  If the higher end spas are even better than what we have, I'd make the drive.  We bought our spa a little over 60 miles from our home.  I just made sure the dealer would service it in our area.  Good Luck.

Thanks for your input.  Just so you know--I ain't dissin' the "lower end" spas.  Seems Artesian makes great spas, regardless of the bling.  Heck, I haven't even looked at any of the other ones made by Artesian, b/c hubby is interested in the PG.  I just don't care to drive 80 miles or more.  If I do, I plan on asking about the service, not to mention delivery.  Sounds like there isn't much price difference b/w Island and Platinum ELite series!??!!! :-?

Thanks and I will post what we decide on.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:27 am »

If I do, I plan on asking about the service, not to mention delivery.

Asking about trip charges and how long to get service is great ONLY if you're asking for their answer in writing! Eighty miles is a bit of a trip, verbal promises during the attempt to sell (whether by the sales person or by the owner) aren't always "remembered" later.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:03:48 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 11:41:01 am »
No, no, no.  I didn't think you were dissin, lol.  The spa we bought is on the low end of their spectrum, price wise.  I didn't wet test any spa that was out of my budget, so I can't comment on the differences.  That's a good idea by spatech.  I didn't ask for the info. in writing, but the dealer has been in business for 26 years and had great referals.  They have been out to my house for something that turned out to be nothing and did not charge a trip fee.  They do have a $75 trip fee for items that aren't under warranty, regardless of the distance.  They seem to be flexible on that, from what I gathered when checking references.  80 miles is a long way to drive.  The day we bought the spa it took us 2 1/2 hours to get home from the store, because of traffic.  Is there a reason your hubby is interested in the piper glen?  Maybe your local dealer or another local spa co. can offer you a spa with the features he is so interested in.  

tinybubbles

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:43:26 am »
Sorry, it's me again.  I looked up the piper glen.  It looks incredibly similiar to the grand cayman in the island series.  Does your local dealer have that for your hubby to look at?

wewannahottub

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:29:55 pm »
Thanks tinybubbles!!  to respond to everyone's thought on "getting it in writing"  that is the ONLY way I would buy for that great of a distance.  My hubby is a tall guy-6' 2 1/2" and about 240 with broad shoulders.  Long legged, too.  So, stretching out is an issue--we are hoping for a call back from the Artesian dealer, but hubby and I will have to look at them again when he gets home.  BTW, he loves the "A" on the jets!! hehehe ;D

thanx TB--Chrisi  and I'll keep you posted

PS--BTW--I am willing to spend less on a spa, but the hubby has a good point--"get what we want now, and hopefully we won't have to buy another for years!, you know, you can't trade 'em in!!"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:32:29 pm by wewannahottub »

rodd4lsu

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:26 pm »

My wife and I purchased a Dove Canyon about 3 months ago and am extremely happy with it. We narrowed our choice down to a Jacuzzi 480 and the Dove Canyon and after doing some serious wet testing, we went with the Artesian.  I'm 6' 3" and I fit the lounger with no problems. We both like the individual pumps for each seating area. I'm surprised more manufacturer's don't use the concept. One thing though, the corner headrests sometimes pop out of the retention brackets,which can be a little frustrating.

solo

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 08:37:33 am »
Take it from me, I am the dufus that drove all over God's green earth just to buy from a dealer in my back yard.  If you have jacuzzi, hot springs, caldera, sundance, etc close to you, just find a tub from one of those dealers that you like and you will be happy and will have a quality product.  

There certainly are other qulaity tubs than the ones I mentioned, but if you have those dealers near you, there is no need to drive all over the place.  

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 02:05:11 pm »
We own a 2006 Piper Glen and we love it.   We just liked the way it felt compared to other spas that we wet tested.  It is the only spa we wet tested that had individual seat controls.....that was a huge plus in our book.  Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 02:22:14 pm »
We own a 2006 Piper Glen and we love it.   We just liked the way it felt compared to other spas that we wet tested.  It is the only spa we wet tested that had individual seat controls.....that was a huge plus in our book.  Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Artesian is made here in Las Vegas and I toured the plant. It was very impressive except all the blems they had stacked up. The 5 smaller pumps seem to make a lot of sense but then I thought maybe it is more to break. The Piper Glen was my favorite but the salesman tried to talk me into a Pelican Bay because it is the larger version of the Piper Glen.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 04:40:29 pm »
Artesian is made here in Las Vegas and I toured the plant. It was very impressive except all the blems they had stacked up. The 5 smaller pumps seem to make a lot of sense but then I thought maybe it is more to break. The Piper Glen was my favorite but the salesman tried to talk me into a Pelican Bay because it is the larger version of the Piper Glen.

Thankfully my tub is blem-free.
We were nervous about there being more to break as well.....no pump problems yet (knocking wood).....only time will tell.
Good thing there was no Pelican Bay back in 2006....I'm sure my husband would have wanted it and we would have spent even more!   :o

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »
I talked today with our local Sundance / Artesian dealer. They said they are dropping the Artesian line and just going to carry Sundance. He said they have had some minor issues with moving jets on the Artesian and decided to just support one line of spas. I'm guessing in part because spa dealers around here are cutting back inventory until the economy gets better.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 11:48:09 pm »
Sorry, it's me again.  I looked up the piper glen.  It looks incredibly similiar to the grand cayman in the island series.  Does your local dealer have that for your hubby to look at?

TB--

Hubby is still interested in the Artesian, and your posting here made him, again, revisit the idea of traveling all over God's country (I won't get booted for saying God, will I--shame) to look at Artesians.  I am now interested in the Arctic Tundra LSE which I am sure will cost WAY more than I can afford--but we have an open line of communication with the manufacturer about similiarities and wet testing a similiar model.  I am also becoming more educated on the different series.  Island seris has some nice looking tubs, as well, but I think fewer pumps/seat.  Someone brought up the thought of "more pumps--more to fail", but at least you wouldn't lose power to the entire tub!

I'll check back!!

wewannahottub

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:18 pm »

Hey, It was you talking about the pumps!! Iwas thinking that if one pump fails, you only lose one seat, vs losing many seats.  I guess it all depends on the layout.

My hubby would still love to see a Piper.  So we are looking for a comparable model

WWHT :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 11:51:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42