What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: jet conversion  (Read 9566 times)

Summitman

Re: jet conversion
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 11:50:11 pm »
No, actually, he wanted to "Convert" his jets. I can so clearly recall my own personal conversion experience.

8-)

huh???

Must be hell to not be able to admit when your wrong.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 11:50:11 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 01:32:35 am »

Yes they are!

We have had our Bullfrog 451 for almost two years and have had no problems at all.  I would recommend them to anyone.  They use the same high quality components as the "big guys" do.  Balboa controls, aquaflo pumps, emerson motors, waterway jets, etc. etc.  They are the only tub with jetpacks that let you customize your tub to exactly the way you want it.  Bullfrog tubs can be ordered in multiple setups of jetpacks, motors and pumps, circ pumps and ozone generators.

Check them out, they also have a great website.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com

Bullfrog's are made in my old home town where I grew up. Don't hear much about them here on this site. When I called the new dealership here in Las Vegas that opened January 2008 the number goes to a disconnect message. So it may not be a good sign.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:19 pm »
Who on earth would open a spa store Jan of this year?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 02:55:51 pm »
Who on earth would open a spa store Jan of this year?

8-)
I'm told that the winter months here in Vegas are the best selling months for Spa dealers. They give large discounts during July and August when it is 115 degrees outside....

Chas, BTW I have tried to send you a couple of PM's and they go to an error message. I have been able to PM other's however.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:57:11 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:34 pm »
Just finished talking to my rep from Bullfrog International.

Quite a deal there.   :-[

Unfortunately, he did not leave me at liberty to divulge much of the story.  It boils down to personal problems leading to mismanagement.

I have been with my organization since before we opened this store.  I have helped build this dealership from the ground up.  We are a very successful dealership (so are the two others I've watched start up).  Most of our success is based on outstanding service.  Without the support we've received from Bullfrog International, I don't think things would be quite the same.

Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:45 pm »
I drove by the BullFrog store today and sure enough they are out of business only after 2 months. The next closest store is 2 hours away in St. George, UT. So I went to a Sundance dealership and scheduled a wet test. I don't see much conversation on this forum about BullFrog.

Scott  :-?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

BauerN

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:20 pm »
Swell,
that's what my last post in this discussion was about.

Bullfrog International is a relatively new spa manufacturer, it takes time to build a large dealer network.  We're catching up faster than you might think.

I'm sorry to hear about the Vegas dealer, but it was an isolated incident that had to do with the owner's business management.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 07:27:55 pm »
Swell,
that's what my last post in this discussion was about.

Bullfrog International is a relatively new spa manufacturer, it takes time to build a large dealer network.  We're catching up faster than you might think.

I'm sorry to hear about the Vegas dealer, but it was an isolated incident that had to do with the owner's business management.

I don't think it is a bad reflection on BullFrog International. I was very impressed with the company's response on the phone, but I do need a local dealer to take care of the spa I purchase and at this time it wouldn't be a BullFrog.

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

BauerN

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 01:59:18 pm »

I don't think it is a bad reflection on BullFrog International. I was very impressed with the company's response on the phone, but I do need a local dealer to take care of the spa I purchase and at this time it wouldn't be a BullFrog.

Scott  :)

I understand that very well - I'm big on local dealerships.

I wouldn't recommend owning a spa without a local dealer.  Not so much saying it couldn't work. Just saying I wouldn't leave myself without support (even being a tech).

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 07:57:53 am »
I'm told that the winter months here in Vegas are the best selling months for Spa dealers. They give large discounts during July and August when it is 115 degrees outside....

Chas, BTW I have tried to send you a couple of PM's and they go to an error message. I have been able to PM other's however.

Swell--BTW--I saw your reply i another thread about the temps--looks cool enough for me!!

WWHT
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 08:16:42 am »
Just finished talking to my rep from Bullfrog International.

Quite a deal there.   :-[

Unfortunately, he did not leave me at liberty to divulge much of the story.  It boils down to personal problems leading to mismanagement.

I have been with my organization since before we opened this store.  I have helped build this dealership from the ground up.  We are a very successful dealership (so are the two others I've watched start up).  Most of our success is based on outstanding service.  Without the support we've received from Bullfrog International, I don't think things would be quite the same.

:) :) :) :) :)

Hey All--  WWHT here :D  I have heard, either in different posts or forums, that the jet packs--really cool idea, BTW, tend to build up mildew behind them.  Is this true??  Makes sense to me, since that water isn't circulating.   On the other hand==the jet pack theory is a good one--at least if one pack goes down, you still have other packs.

But, I wonder==can you explain to me Bauer, how the pumps work the Jet Packs?

Thanks.  I'm a girl.

WWHT

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:17:30 am by wewannahottub »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 08:24:11 am »
If you go to BullFrog website they will send you a free DVD. I got mine last night but have not viewed it yet.

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:21 am »
In our search for the Ultimate Spa, we were interested in Bullfrog for a while.  Our local dealer did contact us, but they had a posting that they were open on Saturdays, but when we were in the area, no one answered the phone to give directions! :(

But, after reviewing the spas and different therapies, I wanted more leg and foot jets, which Bullfrog didn't offer.  Maybe when they offer a "foot jet pack" or "calf jet pack"  I'll be interested.  (one or 2 little jets don't cut ti)

They do look cool, though----and I like frogs!

Chrisi ;D

BauerN

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 12:34:11 pm »
WWHT,

sorry it took me a bit to get back - very busy at work and home right now.

To answer your JetPak question:

Pre - 2000 the build-up was an issue.  From then to today there is a jet on the back of the manifold (the part of the JetPak which hooks into the plumbing coming from the pump - this main line runs to all JetPods - that's how we feed the JetPaks).  This jet circulates water behind the JetPak at an approximate rate of 6 gallons per minute.

The only customers I've had to help with that problem were absolutely not caring for their spas.  It's almost always the same:  low or no sanitizer, high pH, lack of shocking, and/or uncared for filters.  I've had to help customers of other brands (even the major ones) with the same kind of problem for the same kind of reasons.

What it boils down to, is that if you don't take care of your spa - it doesn't matter what you buy.

Sorry to hear about the service from your dealer, not good business to ignore the customer when they want to look at your product.  I always leave a message letting them know they missed my business.

Btw - I know you have a lot on your plate, but the new models 462 and 682 have added a fair amount of leg jets.  The major lounger in the 552 has had an upgrade on its 4 calf jets and has to large pulsating foot jets.

wewannahottub

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 02:49:42 pm »
WWHT,

sorry it took me a bit to get back - very busy at work and home right now.

Sorry to hear about the service from your dealer, not good business to ignore the customer when they want to look at your product.  I always leave a message letting them know they missed my business.

Btw - I know you have a lot on your plate, but the new models 462 and 682 have added a fair amount of leg jets.  The major lounger in the 552 has had an upgrade on its 4 calf jets and has to large pulsating foot jets.

Bauer--

No problemo.  Thanks for getting back to me.  Clears the air (and water).

We were interested in the 682 when we started looking.  I may need to revisit the site--and check out the 552, even though I really didn't want a lounger.  Well, we can always wet test!!

I think the dealer may be available for appts. on Saturdays, when we were looking for them and no one answered the phone, but, unfortunately, that wasn't posted in their ad.  

Funny thing is, most of the dealers we have been to are all along the same route!!
Seems that may be in my favor......... ;D

Well, gonna go get some housework done b-4 I go to work at 7 pm.  

Thanks, and I am sure I will talk to you all 2morrow

Chrisi [smiley=lolk.gif]

PS--I wish there was a nurse smiley!! :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 02:49:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42