What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Went hot tub shopping. How are these prices?  (Read 6112 times)

DirtyD

Went hot tub shopping. How are these prices?
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:47:57 pm »
Well first of all, thanks to everyone on this board... We wet tested four tubs. That was the single best thing we could have done (as everyone on here advised). We really really liked the Jacuzzi J-365. Does anyone own one? The price was higher than I expected tho. Up here in MA they want $8300 for the tub with the ozone option (everything delivered and included). Does that sound reasonable?

Another place was trying to sell us a Sundance Majesta which is smaller but was a lot more money. They want $10200 for that one, which seems way high to me...? We would actually much rather own the Jacuzzi anyway based on the wet test.

We tried a few Hot Springs, but the jets really weren't for us.

Thanks for your advice,

D

Hot Tub Forum

Went hot tub shopping. How are these prices?
« on: March 11, 2008, 03:47:57 pm »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: Went hot tub shopping. How are these prices?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:14:26 pm »
Can't comment on the Jacuzzi, but $10,200 for the Sundance Majesta seems very high.  Does that include a stereo?  Of course, your location may have something to do with it as well.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:31:53 pm »
 8300 for the Jacuzzi is a great price, we are higher than that,  10 grand for the Majesta is way high, in my opinion.

RK23

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 04:39:17 pm »
DirtyD, I found prices in Mass to be just slightly higher than the average discussed here on the forum.  I'm in central Mass, what part of Mass are you shopping in?

RK23

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »
Also, if you liked Hot Springs other than the jets, you might want to try and wet test at a Caldera dealer.  We loved everything about Hot Springs except for the Moto Massage, then tried Caldera (both are made by Watkins) and we ended up purchasing one.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 05:51:50 pm »
Well first of all, thanks to everyone on this board... We wet tested four tubs. That was the single best thing we could have done (as everyone on here advised). We really really liked the Jacuzzi J-365. Does anyone own one? The price was higher than I expected tho. Up here in MA they want $8300 for the tub with the ozone option (everything delivered and included). Does that sound reasonable?

Another place was trying to sell us a Sundance Majesta which is smaller but was a lot more money. They want $10200 for that one, which seems way high to me...? We would actually much rather own the Jacuzzi anyway based on the wet test.

We tried a few Hot Springs, but the jets really weren't for us.

Thanks for your advice,

D

Sounds to me like you've made the choice as long as the price is in line. There may be $500-700 difference dependant on your location and your dealers cost.

Jacuzzi makes a great spa and there's many owners on this forum. I don't think you could go wrong with them but is that their final offer? Do they know you've wet tested all of these spas? Certainly let them know and tell them you really like XYZ tub from the other dealer but now you just want to focus on the very best offer from each company and make your decision right away (assuming you're ready to).

No dealer likes to lose a sale after a wet test and they just may be willing to move. It all depends on how they price their spa and whether or not they price it with room for negotiation... Good luck!

Steve
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 05:54:03 pm by Steve »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 06:05:45 pm »
 You might also check and see if they have any 07 models at a discount, not really much of a change to 08 just a change in the spinner jets, no bearings.

DirtyD

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:19:17 pm »
DirtyD, I found prices in Mass to be just slightly higher than the average discussed here on the forum.  I'm in central Mass, what part of Mass are you shopping in?

Central MA. I wont say which particular places on this forum but you get the idea.

DirtyD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 07:20:44 pm »

Central MA. I wont say which particular places on this forum but you get the idea.

Yeah. They were only offering 8% and they didnt have the colors we wanted on an 07.

DirtyD

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 07:22:57 pm »
Can't comment on the Jacuzzi, but $10,200 for the Sundance Majesta seems very high.  Does that include a stereo?  Of course, your location may have something to do with it as well.

That didnt include a stereo!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 11:07:12 am »

That didnt include a stereo!

Then that is way too high for a Majesta.  I paid $9000 for a Cameo last year.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 11:09:17 am »

Thanks for your advice,

D

If you really liked the Jacuzzi and it is less money, why the question about the Sundance? :o
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

SPORT

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 01:13:53 pm »
IMHO ~ Sundance Spas are good spas.  I don't think you'd go wrong if that was your choice.  the price mentioned is quite high though!

If memory serves me, Jacuzzi is the original maker of the hot tub and have been around quite awhile.  They are known for pushing just water through jets and not bubbles (correct me if I'm wrong).  Jacuzzi was also more expensive than Sundance when I checked them out at the Home Show.  We settled on a HotSpring for its seating, performance, realibility, effeciency and that our local dealer maintains them.

Best wishes on your choice.

DirtyD

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 07:40:39 pm »
I think I'm going to buy the Jacuzzi. I loved the way the jets felt.

DirtyD

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:02:32 pm »
I think I'm going to buy the Jacuzzi. I loved the way the jets felt.

Jacuzzi has a 500 dollar coupon on their website right now good till the 14th. Thats definately made my mind up right there.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 09:02:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42