What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ipod and transducer systems (Marquis)  (Read 6853 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ipod and transducer systems (Marquis)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »
Between the last 2 posts I got what is needed.

It is a "Y" cable that has the IPOD headphone jack on one side and RCA connectors on the other. I saw it at Best Buy.

The device that you showed Boni is for a certain Sony stereo system with digital connections, you might have one. I don't think it will do much for a non Sony system or a Sony without those connections.

I think this would work:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8341859&st=ipod+dock&lp=7&type=product&cp=2&id=1175902042777

or

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8551015&st=ipod+dock&lp=13&type=product&cp=1&id=1188561003357

They look like they will do what the Sony does.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 05:10:44 pm »
Looks like NONE of them will do anything!!! After reading the reviews on the Best Buy site, I had a flash back..to the devices that I talked about before...the clock radios. Then I called Sony and guess what? The Sony system WONT work with the 3rd generation Ipods. So all that for nothing..I canceled the receiver too..back to ground 0. It seems that the compatablity of the 3rd generation Ipods is the issue! :( :( :(

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:10:18 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 05:27:31 pm »
The "Y" cable won't work?

Maybe forget about the docking for now and in a years time it'll become available.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 10:39:17 pm »
 Vinny, the Y cable, like Parrot and Mendo were originally talking about, works but I can't control anything. That will have to do...The Ipod controls the volume, not the receiver. My kids have speakers that use the same set up and I don't understand why my friend insisted I would ruin the Ipods by plugging them in like that. I think her kid must have done something to his expensive Ipod and told her it was the plug and she tried to get it fixed under the warranty..I don't know.  :-/ Bottom line, hubby can listen to the music from his Ipod and I won't have to burn tons of CDs.

I wish I knew why Apple messed with these 3rd generation Ipods to prevent them from working with systems that the other Ipods did... >:(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:12:13 pm by Bonibelle »
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 10:39:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42