What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When you feel like the luckiest..  (Read 4886 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
When you feel like the luckiest..
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:58:02 pm »
people around!! We did a historical hike through Valley Forge National Park  with the Boy Scouts today. It was about 45 degrees and pretty windy. We walked nine very hilly, but very beautiful miles ...Most of the kids did fine, but I was whining at about the five mile mark... :-[ guess I am more out of shape than I thought! Needless to say, I felt like the luckiest person tonight because I knew I could come home to a relaxing soak. All four of us went in (the kids even had tired muscles) and I just wanted to spend the night there. :)..It's times like this that I realize how really lucky  I am to have a hot tub!!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

When you feel like the luckiest..
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:58:02 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: When you feel like the luckiest..
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:09:17 pm »
That is a great testimonial for hot tubs.  Can I put it on my web site (slightly edited)?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 10:22:33 pm »
Hey Boni... I feel your pain and your excitement for owning a hot tub.... except it was just the den leaders without the kids.  We hiked 11 miles today (for the Socal folks... we hiked from the Riverside side of the Ortega at Blue Jay to the OC side).  We are training to hike Mt Whitney this summer.  This was my first real hike and boy am I hurting.  I can't wait to get the kids in bed and go for a soak.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:09:10 pm »
Hey Boni... I feel your pain and your excitement for owning a hot tub.... except it was just the den leaders without the kids.  We hiked 11 miles today (for the Socal folks... we hiked from the Riverside side of the Ortega at Blue Jay to the OC side).  We are training to hike Mt Whitney this summer.  This was my first real hike and boy am I hurting.  I can't wait to get the kids in bed and go for a soak.

Sounds like fun Brooke. I've mountain biked up there before. What was the high temp today up on the Ortega? Was it clear enough to see the water?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 11:52:33 pm »
It was gorgeous up there, but way too many mountain bikers.  I'd say we were passed by at least 35 bikers if not more... only saw 2 other hikers at the big clearing area.  There were no clouds, we could see Irvine, the water, Catalina, we could see it all.  I'm guessing it was 85 or so.  I got fairly burnt with 30 on... granted I didn't put it on until mile post 7, but normally I don't burn, so I was surprised.  We are going to hike it the other direction next time.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:09 am »
Sure Hottubdan, (just don't say the Scouts recommend anything), but this tired old mom..sure is glad she has her tub and I am heading out again right now.. I actually may have sold another tub for my dealer to a friend on the hike. I bet this morning he will be even more certain that he needs a tub. I can't believe how much better I felt after that soak last night.

Wow Brooke, 11 miles..I know at 9 (and we got lost so it might have been slightly more), I was done.  :-[The kids will get a nice Historical Metal for the hike and they used orineteering skills to navigate us through. Toward the end of the hike someone took an incorrect reading and we got side tracked. A trick I learned (and it even worked on me)..when the kids start complaining that they are tired, you tell them..it's just 10 more minutes..That was the loooongest 10 minutes I ever remember but it kept everyone moving! My husband had fresh Philly pretzels as a treat at the end...the kids love those pretzels.!! It ended up being a wonderful day..and I probably wouldn't be saying that if I didn't have my hot tub to recover in.. ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 10:34:41 am »
Shoveling and plowing 20" of snow, including about 40 yards of the street in front of my house had the same effect.  Sunday we could have used the snow around the tub as drink holders.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:25 am »
OK, Bill, I will order the Very Exhaustive Snow Shoveling Merit Badge for you...But I don't think you enjoyed your adventure at all..although I am a bit jealous that you have snow and I don't!! :(..And very honestly, I just came out of the tub and I feel great...ready to fly out and join Brooke and her Scouts!! ;)(I wish)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:07:21 am »
Shoveling and plowing 20" of snow, including about 40 yards of the street in front of my house had the same effect.  Sunday we could have used the snow around the tub as drink holders.

Oh man...20"?? :o You guys got nailed!

Good job on the hiking ladies! We went to the mall yesterday and I had to walk from my truck to the front door of the mall so I know how you both feel!  ;)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 11:52:17 am »
Yeah Steve, you are probably right since I bet you parked your baby all the way at the far end of the parking lot...away from all the other cars!! ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 12:07:52 pm »
Yeah Steve, you are probably right since I bet you parked your baby all the way at the far end of the parking lot...away from all the other cars!! ;)

lol... I'm proud to announce that I have no door dings yet! ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 01:04:38 pm »

Oh man...20"?? :o You guys got nailed!

I grew up on Lake Erie, west of Buffalo, so I've seen it before, but many of my neighbors just snuck accross the Rio Grande, so they were overwhelmed. The taco naco truck was snowed in at the Gulf Station.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 02:11:38 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:01 pm »
Boni,

I have been busy getting my parents house ready to sell.  Have been repairing plaster scraping, painting and throwing out 40 years worth of accumulated junk.  I still have a couple of days to go.  I have been in the Tub every night this week, it really is wonderful to own a Hot Tub :)
Bullfrog 451

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 11:43:42 am »
Well, I won't go into my usual noise about our fine weather here in "paradise." But I did want to share that I too think tub ownership is a priceless addition to my family. Our kids are 18 and 24. Our son moved out close to two years ago, and our daughter is finishing up her General Ed and planning to move to Florida for College.  :'(

So when she sent me a text message last night asking me to 'check the spa?' which is code for "I need to talk" I jumped to it. That meant she was on her way home from her late class and I had about ten minutes to get everything ready.

We had a great time connecting, talking about things deep and profound, shallow and funny. I got the impression she was looking very carefully around and trying to imprint the whole experience on her memory so she can take it with her into life.

Totally priceless.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 11:43:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42