What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring OEM Cover versus an Aftermarket Cover  (Read 11887 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hotspring OEM Cover versus an Aftermarket Cove
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 01:53:44 pm »

Thanks for the replies. When the tech came over to replace our Aux panel my wife showed him the cover. I believe the cover was about 1 1/2 years old at that time. He told her the cover warranty is only valid for one year.

I haven't pressed the issue even though my cover has always held water. For some reason, I thought the cover warranty was longer. I guess I waited too long. It seems like it's getting worse now though. Maybe I should contact the dealer. I wonder if they can do anything for me now?

The cover warranty is 2 years.  He may have been confused with the lifter warranty of 1 year.  Since you reported it when it was under warranty and the dealer did not correctly address it at the time, I might press it.  Good luck.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 01:53:44 pm »

Tom

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 04:05:21 pm »
Of all the spa mfrs that spec covers, only Arctic does better with materials and workmanship with that Castcore foam.  That said, I have a huge problem with their only 1" of fall on their slope as the foam is only 3.5"->2.5".
I think Shaamus must be referring again to the HS cover, with those figures.  

The Arctic castcore cover is nominally 5/4 (actual measurement - I went to the factory showroom with a tape measure and checked three different covers- is 5/3-7/8.   Yes, there's a 1" slope, but our pitch--if you'll pardon the pun--is that the thicker steel-reinforced cores will not sag and so will not puddle...)  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:25:00 pm by Graybeard »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
Yeah, I was referring to the Hot Spring cover.  There's nothing to complain about the Arctic covers.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 01:00:33 pm »
Yeah, I was referring to the Hot Spring cover.  There's nothing to complain about the Arctic covers.

Other than the shipping costs to So Cal...   ::) ::) ::)

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 09:05:45 pm »
heh I don't want to hear it Chas.  You guys in SoCal have a different spa cover manufacturer on every street corner.  Those Castcore covers are worth the extra freight anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 09:05:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42