What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Expos  (Read 9017 times)

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
Spa Expos
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »
I see that here in IL there's a Spa Expo. The host of the event has held these before. They're very cagey about any specific information though -- they just say "browse major hot tub brands". Their website is www.spaexpo.com and their company name is spa, pool & patio, Inc. Anyone have any idea what makes are shown at these shows? I called the toll-free number and sent an email asking, but both went unanswered. It's a long drive, and I don't care to make the trek if it's substandard tubs. Although, it is in the same town as the Marquis dealer. Maybe I'll go visit him and see if he's got the 2008 line on the floor.
Is this one of those traveling Master shows?
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Expos
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »

Scaramanga

Re: Spa Expos
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 12:54:08 am »
Master Spa. ::) :P

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 09:43:42 am »
Its funny, I was thinking about that show this morning before getting out of bed. My brother in law called from the home show that fortunately has divorced itself from this show.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:36 am »
That is a Master Spa show.  BEWARE!!
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:50:51 am »
It isn't that Masters is a bad product.  I feel that the circumstances of these expos diminish the brand's reputation.  It is probably a hard sell, one of kind offer, ready for immediate delivery, a lot of make up your mind right now type pressure.  I have spoken with people who have purchased from these shows, specifically a Masters Spa, and have been treated to the worst service after the installation.  The service is slow, surly or non-existent.  Is the deal at an expo so much better than one from a fully function dealer?  

glfahlc

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:12:35 pm »
it is in fact master spas expo... that is masters and they're lower priced line, downeast. now masters makes a good tub but i would suggest finding a dealer close to you as opposed to buying from their expo... just my 2cents

IL Parrothead

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:48:27 pm »
That was my suspicion.  My wife and I might shoot up there today, and go visit the Marquis dealer again in the same neighborhood.  I've never seen a Master Spa.  I may go take a look, just to see them.  I don't know if I'll be able to bite my tongue when they start talking about their thermal pane insulation, though.
Mike

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 01:59:38 pm »
I would disagree that Master is in the same quality category as a HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Caldera.  

clover

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »
I would disagree that Master is in the same quality category as a HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, Jacuzzi, Caldera.  
IF it was, they would market their product more professionally, and and with pride.  

They would NOT need resort to such a scam to market their wares with misleading come on's to unwitting consumers.  This sort of deceptive marketing practice has proven to be financially successful for them, as they generate sales with high margins, leaving the consumer without service support.  They create a less than desireable impression of our industry.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 10:43:38 pm »
You will find one or two people here happy with Master however, I can give you at least 50 of my own customers that are dissatisfied with the product, the company and even us for having sold them.

There one and only goal is to sell spas...from that point on they could care less if it's ethical, fair or even if the product holds up. They simply seem to want to sell spas.

Saying that they are a quality product is like saying that even though someone steals for a living they are still a "good person".... We need to call it like it is!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 10:49:23 pm »
IF it was, they would market their product more professionally, and and with pride.  

They would NOT need resort to such a scam to market their wares with misleading come on's to unwitting consumers.  This sort of deceptive marketing practice has proven to be financially successful for them, as they generate sales with high margins, leaving the consumer without service support.  They create a less than desireable impression of our industry.

I think Markee is saying that he believes they are not equal.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

clover

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 11:06:32 am »
I think Markee is saying that he believes they are not equal.
I understand and I agree.  MS appears to do more damage to our industry to consumers and other Hot Tub sellers with their deceptive marketing methods.  Stuart is right also.  Even the customer that buys it from a good dealer, blames the dealer for the decision they made when they have a bad experience.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Vanguard

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 02:51:25 pm »
I understand and I agree.  MS appears to do more damage to our industry to consumers and other Hot Tub sellers with their deceptive marketing methods.  Stuart is right also.  Even the customer that buys it from a good dealer, blames the dealer for the decision they made when they have a bad experience.

Just ask Terminator about their tactics when they do a show down the road from his store.  They tell the unknowing customer that East Texas Spas will service the spa until their new dealer is up and running.  Of course, they have not even approached East Texas about service and they have no dealer currently being set up.  

They did the same kind of thing at a home show in Houston that I saw one time.  They were telling customers about who would service their spas.  Of course, that dealer wasn't at the home show to verify that and they hadn't agreed to service the spas and there is still no Master Spas dealer in Houston.

Despicable.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

IL Parrothead

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 04:54:38 pm »
Yeah, after giving it thought, we decided not to even drive up there.  I had read all of Term's posts when he made them, and I didn't need to take an hour long drive to say "Yep, I knew he was right!"   ;D
Mike

Scaramanga

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 12:13:05 am »
If there is one thing I've have learned during my times lurking on this forum it is to never questiorn east tex's authority in these matters!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 12:13:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42