What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Winter Pricing Part 2  (Read 13760 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Winter Pricing Part 2
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 10:11:52 am »
Yeah I thought it was pretty cool that after all that searching you were the only one with the answer. I guess you really are worthy of the  8-) after all your posts. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 10:11:52 am »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:11 pm »
Make sure you get a start-up chemical kit, chemical instructions, and basic info on operation.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 08:00:09 pm »
 Std on a Jacuzzi.     I would have expected more from a HS.   8-)  :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 09:05:33 am »
Rich or any of the other HS spa owner's, have you made the jumper change yet?

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 12:10:51 pm »
Since I'm under warranty, I'm a little afraid of messing with the innerds.  Plus, I've got my floating duck with the thermometer up his/her butt, so I'm good at the moment.

.....maybe I'll get Jacuzzi Jim to do it for me.   ;D ;)

or I may get brave next time I have the front off.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 12:12:33 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 02:22:35 pm »
Std on a Jacuzzi.     I would have expected more from a HS.   8-)  :)

Standard on my humble Bullfrog as well....
Bullfrog 562

cburk0677

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 10:21:26 am »
I don't see the point in knowing the current temp of the water. Unless you just refilled your tub and want to watch the water heat up??? Once the tub is up and running the set temp will be the current temp of the water. My vanguard does an awesome job at maintaining water temp even when it is very cold out side and the cover has been off for extended periods of time.

Maybe this would be useful on a tub with a crappy heater but for normal use I don't see the point as the current temp and set temp would be exactly the same. It's already been stated multiple times on this forum that it is more cost effective to set your tub at your desired temp instead of having the tub do a lot of heating before you want to use it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 10:27:07 am by cburk0677 »
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 11:34:57 am »
Maybe this would be useful on a tub with a crappy heater but for normal use I don't see the point as the current temp and set temp would be exactly the same.

When you set the temp in house for heat or ac do you assume the temp is equal to the setpoint or do you check the temp on the display?

Isn't the idea of setting your spa to 102 to have the water at 102? if your water was 100 or 104 instead, wouldn't you want to know that?
Aside from providing the current temp at a glance it can be used as a diagnostic tool to measure rate of temp loss or change. I know I keep my tub at a different temp in the warmer months than I do in the dead of winter. I want to confirm that.

Bullfrog 562

Cyn

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 11:36:29 am »
I don't see the point in knowing the current temp of the water. Unless you just refilled your tub and want to watch the water heat up??? Once the tub is up and running the set temp will be the current temp of the water. My vanguard does an awesome job at maintaining water temp even when it is very cold out side and the cover has been off for extended periods of time.

Maybe this would be useful on a tub with a crappy heater but for normal use I don't see the point as the current temp and set temp would be exactly the same. It's already been stated multiple times on this forum that it is more cost effective to set your tub at your desired temp instead of having the tub do a lot of heating before you want to use it.

The point might be to show when your tub is malfunctioning.  And my current temp is not the set temp.  My tub, as per the instruction book, drops to about 1.5 degrees below the set temp before the heater goes on and it warms it to about a half a degree above the set temp before the heater goes off.  Very similar to home furnaces  Why have a current temp reading on your thermostat from what you are saying.  I do not put my water at 104, mostly because at times I open the top and it is 105, current temp, and I am not even crazy about 104 as a current temp.  Or, set at 103, the current temp can drop to 101.5 and I want it at 103, so I wait for the warm up...occasionally setting the temp at 104 at that point to kick the heater on.  

cburk0677

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 11:41:29 am »
I didn't think about being able to notice a heater malfunction. Good point.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:43 pm »

It doesn't matter what tub you own, the actual temp can/will vary 2 degrees from the set temp in either direction. This makes a huge difference imo and probably most other people as well. Btw, just because your green light is on doesn't mean your set temp and actual temp are the exact same.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 02:32:01 pm »
Tell me about it... my Vista is set at 99* right now... in northern New England!  It feels as hot as my Tiger River did at 102*!  I think there has to be variences from each thermostat.  When I have my Vista set at 101* it is uncomfortable and I can't stay in for any length of time... I can not imagine soaking in it at 104*.  So whether my thermostat is off or not doesn't matter... I know that I am comfortable in the tub...and it always stays in a range that the green light stays lit..never once has the water cooled off.  ... for what it is worth.. I think I would still like to know what the actual temp is reading....   ::)

92tiger

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 06:50:02 pm »
Rein91,

My wife and I started our search a couple of weeks ago.  We wet tested a Sundance Optima and a Hot Springs Vanguard.  Out of those two, we really liked the Vanguard.  We set a budget of $9,000.00 (tub, steps, cover, start-up chemicals, and delivery).

We live in Texas and asked the HS dealer for a quote on the Vanguard - here it is broken down:
- Spa w/tax - $9,737.09
- Cover w/tax - $270.63
- Steps w/tax - $189.43
- "Basic" delivery - $275.00 (No setup other than electrical connection / no chemicals / no orientation)
- Grand Total with taxes - $10,472.15

That put the Vanguard just out of our $9,000.00 budget.  I was advised that there was a price increase of $500.00 on the Vanguard for 2008.  When I asked if the HS prices in Texas were higher than in other parts of the US, I was advised that HS prices are the same across the country.  The HS salesman advised us that the Prodigy would be in our budget, but that tub was really small for us.  We are both over 6'0".

We are planning to test the Jacuzzi J-365 in the next day or two.

I really did like the Vanguard, but I do need to stick to my budget.  My question is this, If I went in and offered $9,000.00 cash, are dealers more likely to bargain?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 07:17:37 pm »
I really did like the Vanguard, but I do need to stick to my budget.  My question is this, If I went in and offered $9,000.00 cash, are dealers more likely to bargain?

Lay it out like you did here and tell him you need their best deal or you're off to a competitor. Due it in a matter of fact way with a smile and without slamming it in his face like you hold the trump card and you may have a chance to get what you want.

"Here's where I stand. I really like the Vanguard but it is beyond my budget of $9k. I looked at the Prodigy but it just won't work. If I can get the Vanguard for $9k I'll buy it right now (a key statement) but I'm already stretching it at $9k so I can't go beyond my budget. If you can't sell it to me for that price for whatever reason I understand but I'll have no choice but to look elsewhere if that's the case."

He'll either 1) hold to his price and you'll know where you stand, 2) make a counter offer and at that point you'd have to decide if you can meet him part way, 3) decide that your offer works versus no sale at all.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

92tiger

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »
Thanks Spatech t.u.o,

The J-365 has some tough competition with the Vanguard, but we are going into the wet test with open minds.  If the Vanguard comes out on top, I'll take your advise when I go into purchase the tub.  Again, thanks for the input.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42