What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: my rash  active oxygen system ?  (Read 6782 times)

grizz

my rash  active oxygen system ?
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:33:13 pm »
My local tub shop thinks that I've got the rash because I'm possibly allergic to the bromine
rather than having something nasty in the tub and is suggesting I try bayrol active oxygen system
what are your thoughts?

Regards Richard
 :-?

Hot Tub Forum

my rash  active oxygen system ?
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:33:13 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: my rash  active oxygen system ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:50:05 pm »
I think that you, and we, can make guesses all day long. We can help you spend all kinds of $'s, experimenting on different products, draining and refilling your spa in between. Eventually, we may even come up with something that doesn't cause you a rash....maybe.... maybe it'll get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Heck, we're just guessing....... Personally, I'd insist my doctor be less lazy and actually do a culture of te rash to determine what it is, or isn't. If it turns out to not be bacterial (which I'd "guess" it isn't), I'd then insist on a referral to a dermatologist that can do some proper allergy testing..... hey, but this is just me.... I kinda have a thing about taking medical advise from internet message boards and people outside the medical profession  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26:38 pm »
Dr. Spa are you originally from New York?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »
Nope, but my grandfather was, though not born there.... probably inherited some cynicism from him  :D

Seriously though, it amazes me the advise, medical advise, people will take from someone they don't know, nor have any idea their training. It's worse than a podiatrist performing heart surgery, or a proctologist doing a pap smear (hey, it's "close", right?) At least they're actual doctors, with a degree.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »

When I've spoken to young Dr. Spa on the phone, he had a slight French rural accent with a deep basso profundo resonance.  It tickled me ear.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Zep

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:10:05 pm »
re: "inherited some cynicism"

i thought i detected that Doc!

come on Doc give the guy a break he is probably just seeking
input/discussion as well as going to a doctor.....maybe he couldn't
get in to see a doctor over the holidays and has an appointment scheduled?

plus most of the doctors I see seem more money hungry than anyone
in the spa business!

Cyn

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 04:29:40 pm »
re: "inherited some cynicism"

i thought i detected that Doc!

come on Doc give the guy a break he is probably just seeking
input/discussion as well as going to a doctor.....maybe he couldn't
get in to see a doctor over the holidays and has an appointment scheduled?

plus most of the doctors I see seem more money hungry than anyone
in the spa business!
I agree!!  Everyone just got done telling the poor guy he might be allergic to the bromine...now he gets that remark from someone else and asks a question about a new chemical method...he isn't asking for your medical adivce, just the chemical advice.  You guys can get pretty testy, pretty quick...why answer if you are annoyed by a question?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 04:49:57 pm »
Everyone just got done telling the poor guy he might be allergic to the bromine

My point exactly. Might, be allergic to the bromine. Anyone do an actual exam? Run a culture? Or are "we" guessing???  Any one of these "guessers" have a medical degree? A background in any medical field? Redcross training for first aid even?

Even his spa store....
My local tub shop thinks that I've got the rash because I'm possibly allergic to the bromine
is guessing.

As I read the original post above, there's no periods or commas. I read it as 2 sentences, the second asking what our "thoughts" were to the beginning. I do believe my response does in fact cover my thoughts.  ;)

Cyn

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 07:02:42 pm »

My point exactly. Might, be allergic to the bromine. Anyone do an actual exam? Run a culture? Or are "we" guessing???  Any one of these "guessers" have a medical degree? A background in any medical field? Redcross training for first aid even?

Even his spa store....
is guessing.

As I read the original post above, there's no periods or commas. I read it as 2 sentences, the second asking what our "thoughts" were to the beginning. I do believe my response does in fact cover my thoughts.  ;)

LOL,  ;D ;D ;D Now is there someone out there that can answer the poor guy's real question about bayrol active oxygen system and how it works/is used and if anyone likes using it?

clover

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 07:23:18 pm »
My point exactly………………Any one of these "guessers" have a medical degree? A background in any medical field? Redcross training for first aid even?................

NO, but I did stay at a HOLIDAY INN recently, can I comment?

I see you’re new grizz, welcome to wtbht.  You may not take my word for this, BUT, this is a good place to ask questions like that.  There are a lot of good people scanning through here at times who are willing to share their thoughts with you and others.  I see you have already met the good Dr.  I think he’s having a bad day.

Wow, Doc, you got to lighten up a little and chill.  Do you know anything about “bayrol active oxygen systems”, or handle it on your web site?  Myself, I am not familiar with such a system.  I will let others, who know something about bayrol, share their thoughts.  

My search led to the UK, where I presume it to be in use there.  That means Richard is from “the other side of the pond” as they say, and he is probably bloody well offended by your behavior.

As I read the original post above, there's no periods or commas. I read it as 2 sentences, the second asking what our "thoughts" were to the beginning. I do believe my response does in fact cover my thoughts.

At least, it wasn’t all caps, or in bold.

It’s been a tuff crowd lately.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 07:23:48 pm »

Hey, there are some of us New Yorkers on this board!

After traveling around NYC for a while, see and hear things that you thought you would never see or hear - you too would be cynical. Remeber that NYC had a Mayor who got hit with tax evasion and he claims he didn't know how much the stock was worth ... yeah right!

Zep

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 08:59:38 pm »
re: Hey, there are some of us New Yorkers on this board!

You're right Vinny.....sorry about that.
You & other New Yorker's on this board are quite nice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 10:04:22 pm »
re: Hey, there are some of us New Yorkers on this board!

You're right Vinny.....sorry about that.
You & other New Yorker's on this board are quite nice.

Just playing with you!

I actually had some issues in my company with a manager who took my personality as bad. Another manager had to explain to him that I was from NYC and my personality had a certain edge because of it. Once the person had that explanation he actually treated me differently ... we were never friends but at least we weren't at each other.

And yes I am cynical!

Zep

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 10:23:18 pm »
Vinny....

I do think there are some real differences in Southerners & Northerners

However I think both have their fair share of nice & rude folks.
I grew up in the South, so thats just what I am used to.

But I've known my share of New Yorkers that once I got past that "edge" you speak of,
they were just big teddy bears and were some of the most kind hearted people I have ever known.

In other words......"ya'll can be purdi nice!

;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:25:13 pm by Zep »

grizz

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 02:55:08 am »
Hey, I'm almost sorry I asked, yes I am the other side of the pond ( Leicestershire, Great Britain).
Don't worry about offending me, we have our share of obnoxious a*s*h*l*s here in England and I'm sure the USA is no different.
I agree that my punctuation is not perfect, but was led to believe that this is a spa forum not a test on the Queens English.
As has been noticed by some of you, I am new to the forum and to owning a spa and was hoping to gain valuable knowledge from those with experience.
Thank you to those who have and hopefully will continue to share their thoughts and sorry to any who appear irritated by me.

Regards,

Richard
 ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 02:55:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42