What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: GFI tripping  (Read 2643 times)

mcrofutt

GFI tripping
« on: December 30, 2007, 04:42:51 pm »
My year old Hot Spot Majorca has begun tripping the GFI with increasing frequency. I've been back and forth with my dealer, and aside from putting in a new filter element (which didn't change anything), there's nothing to do but wait until his tech can get out here. It being New Years and all, that won't be until Wednesday. The breaker won't stay on at all anymore, I'm in southern CT, temps are slightly above freezing during the day, slightly below at nite, the water is still steamy. Should I be piling moving pads on top of the cover ?

Hot Tub Forum

GFI tripping
« on: December 30, 2007, 04:42:51 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: GFI tripping
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »
My year old Hot Spot Majorca has begun tripping the GFI with increasing frequency. I've been back and forth with my dealer, and aside from putting in a new filter element (which didn't change anything), there's nothing to do but wait until his tech can get out here. It being New Years and all, that won't be until Wednesday. The breaker won't stay on at all anymore, I'm in southern CT, temps are slightly above freezing during the day, slightly below at nite, the water is still steamy. Should I be piling moving pads on top of the cover ?

I suggest you hang a light inside the equipment cabinet to keep it warm and monitor the spa temp occasionally. If you were to do so I'd probably call the dealer and tell him you're considering doing this so he is in agreement in case he wants you to do something different (there are numerous ways to approach this, he may have an external circ pump/heater for instance).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:26:11 pm »
Spa will be fine for a day or two. Is there an ozone installed? If so, try unplugging it. It may be your source of GFCI trip.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:26:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42