What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is It Just Me Or What?  (Read 5573 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Is It Just Me Or What?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 12:15:29 pm »
I'm telling you guys, this is much easier than it seems and much less expensive.

You can buy a cheap outdoor cabinet to put by the spa, get a warm robe, get some crocs to wear right into the spa and it will all cost less than $200.

You will be cold for less than 20 seconds as you get in the spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 12:15:29 pm »

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 12:48:29 pm »
I went in our tub last night and it was -2 (loverly English weather.......).

The water was at 40 degrees (lush!)

Getting the lid off, puffing like a poorly steam train (with oodles of white frosty air emanating from my mouth), I stripped off my teeshirt and leapt (well, ALMOST leapt) in (must have been outside for 50 seconds)......

.......once in, I was in heaven - did my usual 40 minute 'musical chair' dance, whilst supping my extra cold Guinness - it was such a nice feeling.

Now here is the funny thing - I got out, dried myself quickly and put on my teeshirt and jogging bottoms. Put my flip flops on - the air must have dropped a degree, but my body was still toasty! I felt no cold as I sauntered around the tub and closed the lid, whilst sipping my last bit of the black food and smoking a cigarette. Got back in doors and I did not feel cold - I felt comfortable and ready for my peaceful sleep.

Can't see what all the fuss is about, really......

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:08 pm »
OK, not to make anyone feel bad, but you are all NUTS!!! I am from New York, and have been in South Florida 20 years. I miss the change of seasons, and I miss an occasional snow, but to go outside wet and almost naked in that? Are you crazy?

From reading all of these posts, I couldn't wait for the first chilly night here to get in the tub. Well it was chilly last night (warm to you guys...low 50's) I was freezing!!! I still had goosebumps under the water for about 10 minutes before I warmed up! After that, it was great. I did have to raise the temp on the spa though. I usually keep it at 98, raised it to 100 last night (I can't take it too hot, my 2 year old comes in too). Now I see why you guys want to go over 104. The colder it is, the higher you need it!

I have gone in Hot tubs on ski trips, and it was a fun novelty, but to do it all the time????? BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRR, I'll stay inside by the fire, thanks.

(re-reading this, It has a nasty tone, I don't mean it that way at all......whatever makes you all happy.....my blood has just gotten way to thin for that)
Ivie

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 04:13:18 pm »
I usually keep it at 98, raised it to 100 last night (I can't take it too hot, my 2 year old comes in too). Now I see why you guys want to go over 104. The colder it is, the higher you need it!

I had my tub at 98-99* during the hot summer months.  Set it at 100* once the cool fall weather hit.  Thought I'd be cranking it up even higher now that winter is upon us here in PA, but 100* is more than hot enough for me.  Of course, we still haven't had single digit temps yet, so my opinion may change.

I really don't mind going out to the tub in the cold.  I actually enjoy it.  It's only a matter of seconds from the time you drop the robe until you're neck deep in hot water.  No biggie as far as I'm concerned.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 04:13:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42