What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good brand of test strips?  (Read 3951 times)

solo

Good brand of test strips?
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:46:29 am »
I got some 5 in one test strips from my dealer...LOVED them.  They tested hardness, pH, alkalinity, free chlorine and total chlorine all in one strip.  He ran out of those. So I bought some 3 in one strrips (Chlorine, pH, TA) by "pool Breeze".  Not sure I like them as much.  

I may eventually spring for a taylor test kit.  Until then, is there a brand of test strip that you find good and reliable?

Hot Tub Forum

Good brand of test strips?
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:46:29 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Good brand of test strips?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:58:50 am »
I got some 5 in one test strips from my dealer...LOVED them.  They tested hardness, pH, alkalinity, free chlorine and total chlorine all in one strip.  He ran out of those. So I bought some 3 in one strrips (Chlorine, pH, TA) by "pool Breeze".  Not sure I like them as much.  

I may eventually spring for a taylor test kit.  Until then, is there a brand of test strip that you find good and reliable?

I like the Aquachek brand.  I find them the most reliable.  Taylor test kit, though, is the way to go.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:18:16 pm »

I like the Aquachek brand.  I find them the most reliable.  Taylor test kit, though, is the way to go.
the test is only as good as the user... with that being said.. I think I maybe better off with the test strips... lol I didn't know that you could get one that measures the TC.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:50:29 pm »
Aqua Check is probably the best brand out there.  They private label for a bunch of other companies as well.

Just keep in mind, while you will have a general idea of your water chemistry, you can't get it exact.  

I, for one, have never had a need to be exact.  I have been happy to keep my water in the range needed to keep it clean and clear.  I've been able to do that without an expensive test kit.

If you want a test kit, Taylor is the way to go.  That is the kit I had on my trucks when I ran a service company.  I did want exact results recorded by my guys in case the customer had a question.  I felt their test kits were the most reliable.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:10:27 pm »
My levels on my strips (2 kinds) seem to be OK but my chlorine doesn't register after a while. Meanwhile, my water is kind of blue, like a pool. Hot tub water shouldn't be a color, should it? Using dichlor, mps & frog w/ozone.
Ivie

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:27:26 pm »
Buy the Taylor!

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:09 pm »
My levels on my strips (2 kinds) seem to be OK but my chlorine doesn't register after a while. Meanwhile, my water is kind of blue, like a pool. Hot tub water shouldn't be a color, should it? Using dichlor, mps & frog w/ozone.

Not sure what shell color you have, but with a pearl shell, the water looks kind of greenish (maybe blueish to others).
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

WannaSoakNow

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 10:45:35 pm »
I have the pearl/marble shell, it never has looked greenish or blueish for that matter, unless I have the blue light on in the tub.

I have to agree about the test kit...get a Tayor kit....It's worth the money!

searchinginfl

• 07 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »
My shell is sandy speckles. I will look into the Taylor. Any other blue waters out there???
Ivie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 11:07:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42