What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 control panel quality issue??  (Read 2067 times)

vjs1958

• 2006 Dimension One Seville
D1 control panel quality issue??
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »
Got our tub new in April 2006. During the first winter the control panel temperature increase button would stick on without even being touched. My dealer replaced it right away but now in our second winter the new panel is doing the same thing. The only way to stop it is to peel back the panel covering and pull up the button. With both panels water collected behind the plastic film which I would think is meant to keep water out and the buttons contacts dry. I seem to recall some other posts about D1 control panel issues. It seems strange that it's been the same button in both cases and happens without anyone touching it. Well at least it's the upper temp set point and not the lower one, 104 degrees is easier to take than 90 on a below freezing day.

Hot Tub Forum

D1 control panel quality issue??
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »

Larry Becker

Re: D1 control panel quality issue??
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:07:40 pm »
Which model D1 do you have? I looked at the D1 site and it seems that they have a 3 year warranty on "pumps, control system and heater." I would THINK that would include the control panel...

I had an underwater magnetic switch go out on my D1 Sarena Bay and they promptly replaced it -- and better, showed me how to deal with it if it gives me trouble. Not a big deal at all...

Have you talked to your dealer again? The D1 warranty is pretty good on most things...

Let us know what happens!

Larry Becker
2005 D-1 Sarena Bay

vjs1958

• 2006 Dimension One Seville
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 09:41:28 pm »
I have a Seville and the controller was replaced under warranty.
I'm just concerned that the replacement has failed in exactly the same way. same button and during the first real cold snap. It may have been on another forum site but I remember someone else having the same problem of the heater button getting stuck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 09:41:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42