What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration -- HS v. Marquis and others  (Read 11401 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filtration -- HS v. Marquis and others
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 12:44:27 pm »
Sundances  filter might be certified?  

Bottom line is, it  doesn't matter what kind of filtration you have, what kind of ozonator you have,  how its delivered weather you use nat2, how many gallons a day it filters. If you don't take care of the chems it will bite you in the arse end of story.

Some may just take a bit longer to get to that point,the end result is the same.

And my dad can beat up your's. :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 12:44:27 pm »

Vanguard

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 12:59:43 pm »
I think nearly all spa filters are certified.  I'd be surprised if they weren't.  The difference with Hot Spring is the entire spa is certified.  As far as I know, they are the only spas to have that so far.

In my pool service days I would tell my customers that clean and clear water depends on three things:

Chlorination, Circulation, Filtration

Take one leg of the stool away and it falls down.  From my experience, all the premium spas provide the Circulation and Filtration.  That leaves the last leg up to the customer.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 02:04:06 pm »
The real bottom line is most every spa on the market today will filter the water fine. The most important thing in safe and clean water is to be CONSISTSENT with YOUR water care routine. Both Marquis and Hot Springs do a great job of helping in the way they filter your spa and within each system they both offer some conveniences that the other may not but both at the end of the day do fine.

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 02:07:50 pm »
All of the answers lay here:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1146236009/0

Terminator

I just finished reading all 10 pages... that is the closest I ever want to be to a debate!  I have to say... there were some very good points made... All things considered.....................

Still glad I went with the HS... they rock  ;D

But I think I will buy a "special" dishwasher for my filters... don't know if I want my dishes washed the same place as my filters... lol.... YUMMY. ;)

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 03:26:54 pm »
I believe my figure is accurate on the gallons filtered per day on a HotSpring.  The HotSpring circulation pump is called a "SilentFlow 5000", meaning 5000 gallons per day correct?  To be fair, more water than that is filtered if the spa is used or if the clean-up cylce is activated.  

Like everyone else said, go with a spa that fits you the best that is made by one of the premium manufacturers (HotSpring, Caldera, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Dimension One).  Don't get caught up in things like this.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 04:09:27 pm »

It is a [glow]fact[/glow] that with Hot Spring all of the water is filtered all of the time.

So you are telling me that the laing pump in a Hotspring spa moves ALL the water in the tub through the filter ALL the time?

When Sundance was using the laing pump, the surface water barely moved.  I highly doubt that a small circulation pump is forcefull enough to filter ALL the water in a tub, ALL the time.  In the meantime, until the main jets are turned on, heavier debris that cannot make it to the surface is allowed to float freely.

On another note, some companies DO have better filtration than others.  How much better is hard to determine, but if there are different types of filtration systems, some will be better than others.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:12:14 pm by SerjicalStrike »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »

On another note, some companies DO have better filtration than others.  How much better is hard to determine, but if there are different types of filtration systems, some will be better than others.

This a very fair statement but I think what is being said here is that most spas on the market today will adequately filter your water, some will make it easier and some simply are better but again most will keep your water clean.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 04:43:58 pm »

This a very fair statement but I think what is being said here is that most spas on the market today will adequately filter your water, some will make it easier and some simply are better but again most will keep your water clean.

Agreed.

MarKee

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 07:26:23 pm »
It would be cool if a rating agency would get spas from all of the major spa companies and fill them up with dirty water and do tests as to what spa turned the water clear the fastest...

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 08:18:04 pm »
I know terminator had some pretty cool pictures on one post about a HS being filled by the Fire department with dirty water.... I think with in an hour they were bathing in the tub... Had pics of the filters after.... they looked pretty nasty...but the water looked great!!!! I don't remember where on the site I saw the pics... ??

Vanguard

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:04 pm »
It would be cool if a rating agency would get spas from all of the major spa companies and fill them up with dirty water and do tests as to what spa turned the water clear the fastest...

That would be cool, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  I think the only outfit that would do this would be Consumer Reports, but the industry is not big enough (unit-wise) for them to test spas.   Consumer Digest could, but their ratings tend to be controversial.  So, I think we'll have to wait a while.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

MarKee

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 01:35:40 am »
Unfortunately, I don't think Consumer's Digest ever sees the spas in person that they award the "Best Buy" to.  All of the ratings are pretty bogus.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 08:57:04 am »

I'm not sure that who does it the fastest is the same as who does it best in normal conditions over a period of time.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 09:24:39 am »
I know terminator had some pretty cool pictures on one post about a HS being filled by the Fire department with dirty water.... I think with in an hour they were bathing in the tub... Had pics of the filters after.... they looked pretty nasty...but the water looked great!!!!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:16 am »
See... I knew He would come through with the pics  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42