What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In the spa alone  (Read 7110 times)

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
In the spa alone
« on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:51 pm »
I just read a safety booklet that said you should not use a hot tub alone... that is fine and all .. if you are married and have a life.... but when my kids are not home with me.. ( at dads ) and I want to enjoy my hot tub.... I am supposed to find someone to go with me????? that does not seem realistic?!?  I understand if I were to slip and fall... bump my head I could drown.... but..sometimes you just have to chance it... right??? or am I being crazy.. Or maybe I should advertise for a spa buddy??  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

In the spa alone
« on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:51 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: In the spa alone
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:25:05 pm »
Baaahh!  Nanny state brainwashing pamphlet insidiously disguised as a safety handbook.  Those types of propaganda tell you it is unsafe to tub alone, drink alone, own firearms, engage in vigilantism, eat red meat, drive blindfolded, etc.  Poohey!

Some of the most romantic times I've ever enjoyed in the spa were by myself.  Just last night, I had to get away from Ol' Meanness and the Tiny Balls of Hate she has spawned, so what'd I do?

I drove down to my good ol' hot tub store, grabbed some Shiner Bock out of the fridgerator, and fired up a 1992 Vintage Rocky Patel Churchill that was part of a CARE package sent to me by my good friend drewstar for services rendered.

Whilst soaking in the incredibly powerful HotSpring Aria out on the deck, I found the needed solace to contemplate the many ponderings of life.  A voluminous column of steam rose vertically into the chilly night air at least 40 feet before dissipating into the darkened sky.  The warm, multicolored glow emanating from within the spa was nearly as rewarding as the bright orange flame releasing various scintillating aromas from the tip of my cigar.  The atmosphere was subliminally serene and reeked of sensuality that was mine, and mine alone.

I was living the dream last night....

Term    
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:32:08 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 03:28:23 pm »
Baaahh!  Nanny state brainwashing pamphlet insidiously disguised as a safety handbook.  Those types of propaganda tell you it is unsafe to tub alone, drink alone, own firearms, engage in vigilantism, eat red meat, drive blindfolded, etc.  Poohey!

Well, I already do the rest on that list and then some... so I guess i should not worry about the being in the hot tub alone.... I guess I get to pick my seat  :-/ well, you know what I mean.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 03:29:03 pm »

I think if you wear a life jacket you should be ok.

Also, have the cell phone handy (have "9" and "1" already dialed so that in the case there is an emergency you only have to dial "1")

Good luck out there and remember... if it gets too  scary,  have the mothership beam you back up to where it's safe.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:30:21 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 03:33:21 pm »
Drew... is that your way of saying you think I am a paranoid individual???  ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 03:43:07 pm »
Be good to yourself and others this holiday season:

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 03:44:38 pm »
And I thought I had too much time on my hands at work!  ;D ;)

Josh

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »
I don't generally enjoy going in my hot tub alone, mostly because it's more of a social thing to be outside.  Drinking, chatting....looking at the stars, it tends to be something I do when I have someone in there with me.

Lately in shopping for a new tub...I've noticed lounge seats, music....some even have TVs, which seems like it would be ideal for the solo person.   Does anyone have a tub with these new features?  Do you find that you use them alone?

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 05:29:45 pm »
Can you say CYA?  And I don't mean Cyanuric Acid.  IF you were to go outside and hot tub alone and you got hurt and the hot tub company didn't warn you against it  - well here comes the lawyers and the lawsuits.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 05:38:56 pm »
There's a lot worse ways to go than lying alone in a hot tub.  ::)

I use my tub alone maybe half the time.  Mostly on weeknights when I get home from working out.  Kids are usually busy with homwork and the wife is usually settled in for the night.  So I go it alone.  No TV nor stereo in the tub.  I do have outdoor speakers, but I don't  have them on while soaking alone.  I just enjoy being in the tub and relaxing without any distractions.  Never got to do that too often before we got the tub.

Tonyf

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 05:39:16 pm »
Since it getting colder out, it might be just as well to wear a helmet and enjoy the soaking experience.

Also, I am sure there would be a lot of volunteers to provide adult supervision for you.
Tony
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 10:24:56 pm by Tonyf »

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:58:44 pm »
Hmmmm... Tony you might be onto something.. I am not sure whether its the helmet I will go with..or finding the "adult supervision"  I know the second would be more fun ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 06:32:29 pm »
Hmmmm... ..or finding the "adult supervision"  I know the second would be more fun ;)

Your local HotSpring Spa dealer should have factory-trained and certified technicians available for your supervision.  We do:

Term

AstaLaVista

• 07 Hot Springs Vista
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:06 pm »
Hey......... that hot tub looks familiar  :o
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:51:04 pm by AstaLaVista »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »
I love to go out in the morning after the kids and hubby have left and have a quiet soak watching the birds on the feeders. They don't even know I am there.  The last time I was out by myself, I had 4 deer come out of the woods and walk real close to the house. Soaking by yourself is great...and if I drown, I just hope they fish me out before I really mess up the water chemistry.  :o :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42