What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: floaters  (Read 3517 times)

wedag

floaters
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:38:54 am »
I was wondering if I could use a floater with 1" tabs. of chlorine in my tub?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:06:51 am by wedag »

Hot Tub Forum

floaters
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:38:54 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: floaters
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 10:57:41 am »
I was wondering if I could use a floater with 1" tabs. in my tub
Hi wedag,
A little more information is needed. 1" tabs of ???  :-?
It we're talking bromine, yes, you can. Many people use bromine as their sanitizer including me. I have a tub with the inline system so I just refill the bromine cartridge with the 1" tablets when it gets empty.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:46:18 am »
Are you asking about tri-chlor?  If so, it's not recommended for spa use.

My spa maker (Sundance) say tri-chlor is a no go, and won't cover damage caused by it's use under warranty.

Brewman

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:18:26 pm »
You are better of using granular dichlor if you want to go with chlorine.  Otherwise, for floaters, you need to use a bromine program.

I find the dichlor method is the easiest out there.  Plus, I don't like the floater in the spa while I'm in it and don't want it just sitting around when I take it out.  
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

brandnew1019

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 11:00:40 pm »
as far as chlorine goes, i wouldn't recommend 1" tabs in a floater. if you're looking to use chlorine, di-chlor is the way to go. i find that 1" chlorine tabs dissolve too quickly in a spa, making your sanitizer levels difficult to keep in line. if you're looking to use the floater for ease, bromine would be your best bet.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 08:06:36 am »
Like I said earlier, if the 1" tabs in questions are tri-Chlor, be advised that your spa maker might not approve them, and may not warrant any damage attributed to their use.  
 I've not see any chlorine tabs that are NOT tri-chlor?  Does such a thing even exist?

Brewman

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:55 am »
Like I said earlier, if the 1" tabs in questions are tri-Chlor, be advised that your spa maker might not approve them, and may not warrant any damage attributed to their use.  
 I've not see any chlorine tabs that are NOT tri-chlor?  Does such a thing even exist?

I believe all Chlorine tablets are Tri-Chlor.  The only tablets that are not are bromine - and as we all know, that's not chlorine.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

brandnew1019

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:34:28 pm »
the only chlorine tabs i know of that are not tri-chlor are calcium hypochlorite. as far as i know the sustain system (for pools only) is the only system that features this.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:34:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42