What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First three months of ownership  (Read 2194 times)

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
First three months of ownership
« on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:45 pm »
<lurk mode dis-engaged>

Hello again from the UK!!

Well, it has been an interesting first 3 months of hot tub ownership!

I had the Newbie water problems that almost all of new hot tub owners go through - the water is 2 months old and is sweet now as I have go the treatment off to pat.

The disposable filter is past its sell by date and we will be buying a new one this weekend...

Although the tub cost a lot, I really feel we have got value for money - my first few soaks with the jets on max made me feel like I had had the $h*t kicked out of me when I got out - now I just got out after a 40 minute soak and feel just sooooooo relaxed!

The Sundance is really nice BUT I have just the one gripe - the air valve (that puts air through the jet as well as water) hasn't worked on one of the seats since we had it. Although the dealer has been really good about it, waiting for the part is STILL ongoing. The engineer has been in regular contact, which in itself has been comforting. Also, as the other seats work A1, it has not spoiled out enjoyment.

For anyone out there pondering the notion of use (i.e. will I actually use it once the novelty factor wears off) be assured that the tub will get plenty of action.

I have had a soak everyday since I got it delivered and have certainly got my moneys worth I feel....the price I paid was the same for a holiday to the US, but I am having a holiday everyday here in the UK!!

Regards
Nosh.

<lurk mode engaged>

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:40:13 pm by Nosher »

Hot Tub Forum

First three months of ownership
« on: November 01, 2007, 02:35:45 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: First three months of ownership
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:32 pm »
It's good to see you around again Nosh. Hows your dog, I mean bear doing?  :)

I have had a soak everyday since I got it delivered and have certainly got my moneys worth I feel....the price I paid was the same for a holiday to the US, but I am having a holiday everyday here in the UK!!

That's the same way I look at it. I very rarely go on or take vacations, instead I like to spend my money on tangible things that I can enjoy day after day.

Glad things are going good,

Chad

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:52:57 pm by WHY_NOT »

Nosher

• 2007 Sundance Chelsee Owner
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:12:10 pm »
It's good to see you around again Nosh. Hows your dog, I mean bear doing?  :)

Baron is older and slower - in dog/human years, he is about 120 years old - 15 for a Newfoundland is very good going!! :)

Nosh

Cyn

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 04:13:30 pm »
Nosh,
I bet you have great tubbing weather there in the UK.  A bit damp and chilly most of the time, or am I wrong?  Having a tub does make one feel that they are in the lap of luxury...most folks can't wait to use the tub at their hotel or vacation destination, but we have that every day!  Glad you are enjoying...

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 06:27:33 pm »
For anyone out there pondering the notion of use (i.e. will I actually use it once the novelty factor wears off) be assured that the tub will get plenty of action.

I've had my Sundance Cameo for a little over 4 months now as well.  Like you, it's seen action almost every day.  I study Taekwondo and workout regularly.  So a relaxing nightime soak before bed has become a way of life for me now.

2busymom

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 08:26:57 pm »
I am at about month 4 for my Marquis.  I don't use it everyday, but I am probably at 4 days a week.  My son and I use it the most, and my husband not so much.  I really enjoy it with the cooler weather (we're in the Pacific Northwest), but getting that robe off and getting in is the most DIFFICULT thing to do.  But once I'm in it's great.  I also am warm enough that getting out isn't a big deal.

I would love, however, to have my towels warmed when getting out...might have to purchase a towel warmer!   ;D
2007 Marquis U630

jag11

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:52 pm »
Hi-
Very glad to hear you are enjoying your Chelsee.

I purchase a Chelsee in March of this year and had a problem with one air value from the day it was delivered.
It was the air value on the right side of the tub closest to the control panel. I wasn't very concerned at first but then it lead to much bigger problems. If you start to notice a loud thud when you turn the air vaule on to any other controls be very concerned.

The good news for me is that Sundance  very quickly agreed that the tub had major problems and agreed to replace at no cost to me. I did post about this a couple of weeks ago and got some good advice. My replacement tub was just wired today and I need the cover lifter drilled on before I fill it up. I have my fingers crossed that my problems were just a one time thing.  

I hope that all works out for you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:40:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42