What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Southern California Wild Fires  (Read 4860 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Southern California Wild Fires
« on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:32 am »
The fires reached a mile from our house. Luckily the winds turned the opposite direction or it could have been worse. We are fine but we have friends and family who lost their homes. I hope all our spa forum members living in Southern California are safe.

My Envoy is going to need a bath when this is over. Not the greatest photos but here you go.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Southern California Wild Fires
« on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:32 am »

abc123

Re: Southern California Wild Fires
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 06:33:04 am »
Hope you stay safe spoke with D1 yesterday and alot of them are worried about their houses, so sad!

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:46:54 am »
My prayers are with you and everyone else in that terrible situation.  

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 07:47:35 am »
Man, that's scary. Glad to hear your ok, Gombo.

I've got a cousin in Newport Beach and I have been having trouble getting him on the phone.  
I'm hoping everything is ok with him.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 09:16:11 am »
My prayers are with all those in California.......What can we do on this site to help those in need?  There have to be many regular contributors to this blog that are now in need of help.  How can we help them out?  God calls us to pray and take action.........any ideas?  

Cyn

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 03:44:47 pm »
So glad you are OK...here is hoping everyone is safe...read the improved warning methods have kept the loss of life way down this time, thank goodness.  

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:57:38 pm »
The Santiago fire in OC has crossed into the Cleveland National Forrest and is expected to be in Riverside County today.  If it stays on the same path, it is headed towards the Temescal Canyon area between Corona and Lake Elsinore.  That is exactly where I live.  So far the sky is red and there is an orange glow coming over the top of the mountains, but no flames.  I'm packing up a few things and getting ready.  I've got asthma so I'm not sure how long I can hang out here even if we aren't in actual danger just because of the air quality.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 06:32:08 pm »
Please be careful Brooke, and get the heck out of there if you need to for your own health.  
No insurance policy can replace your health.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:45:17 pm »
Gombo and Brook,

Glad to here that you are OK.  If the fires come close get the H$LL out of there, material possessions can be replaced, people can't.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all in the area
Bullfrog 451

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 09:05:32 pm »
The neighborhood next to me (Trilogy... Gombo you may know it or have golfed there) started voluntary evacs this afternoon, but it may be because someone sent an email/fax saying they had to.  Apparently that info was false and they are saying we are not in immediate danger.  I can no longer see the hills (normally I have a great view from the driveway) but there are no flames either.  I told J we would leave once we saw flames.  I think we may pack up the pop up trailer in the am and when the kids get of school just get out of here for the weekend.  That is if they have school... Lake ELsinore directly south of us has already canceled school for tomorrow.  Our usual camping spot at Lake Skinner is being used a evac point and they have closed it to fishing (sucks too cause trout season just started and the lake should be fully stocked) we may head over to Rancho Jurupa in Riverside.  J said the air in Riverside wasn't too bad.

I'm not too concerned about our house... we are in the middle of a development so it would have to go through quite a few houses to get to us (the closest canyon is one street over, but it caught fire in Sept, so I'm hoping it can't burn)... but we did just chop down a tree in the fron yard and have all the branches and crap sitting right next to the house.  Nothing like a little fuel if it did get to us.

I'll let you know how things are tomorrow.  

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 12:25:11 am »
The fire is currently 5 miles from the house according to reports.  They expect it to make its way here in the next 12-72 hours.

Here is what my car looks like from sitting for about 6 hours. We've had ash here for days, but before it was a fine dust... this is huge white pieces and looks like snow.  The pic doesn't really do it any justice.

We still can't see any flames, but the air is nasty.  Guess no tubbing tonight.

2busymom

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 12:35:14 am »
Wow!  This is terrible.  Brooke...take care of yourself.  I have friends in San Diego and from the description it seems that it is not so close (sounds like it's East of there, and a bit North) but it's traveling fast.
2007 Marquis U630

Brookenstein

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 07:29:49 pm »
The latest reports had the fire 1/2 miles from the county line and about 2.5 miles from homes.  We are heading out to Corona Lakes to go fishing for the next 24 hours.  It is only about 10 minutes from home and we'll be able to keep a close watch on the hillside.  If we see flames we'll run home and get the animals and last minute stuff.  We have been hearing helicopters and planes most the afternoon but can't really see them because of the low visibility.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:29:55 pm »
These guys don't get paid enough.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:41:28 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

In Canada eh

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 10:32:22 am »
These guys don't get paid enough

I agree 100%!

Firemen are the only people that run into burning building while everyone else is running out
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:33:02 am by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 10:32:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42