What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you could pick d1 or calspa  (Read 6564 times)

abc123

If you could pick d1 or calspa
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:12:08 am »
If you were going to become a dealer which of these would you pick and others are welcome just need advise.  W :Dould really like to hear from existing dealers.

Hot Tub Forum

If you could pick d1 or calspa
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:12:08 am »

Vanguard

Re: If you could pick d1 or calspa
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 09:14:58 am »
Dimension One.

I've heard too many issues from Cal Spa dealers having a hard time getting paid for warranty.  Just what I've heard out there in the 20+ years of working in the pool/spa industry.

Some of the bigger Cal Spa dealers don't have as many issues, the smaller ones tend to get the shaft.

Dimension One has a great reputation as well as Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis, et al.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

abc123

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 09:16:46 am »
Thanks that helps alot noone wants to work and not get paid

eln1559

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:25:09 am »
I am actually a dealer for both, and have not had many problems with either one. They are both great spas, if price point is a big deal to your customers, you can get into a Cal Spa with a lot of features for a lot less money. D1 is a great high end spa, and will attract those type of people.

abc123

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 10:00:07 am »
 :) Well thats good news. do you have any experience with their grills and outdoor fireplaces

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 12:40:50 pm »
I love my CalSpa and have had a trouble free experience.

I have noticed alot of people love their D1 as well.

Good luck in your search and decision.

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 12:58:47 pm »
I would personally rather buy a d1, but a cal spa dealership would probably be the better of the two, only because you have so many models you can ensure every customer meets budget and size and features.  D1 hard to sell compared to Cal Spa which even though I am not a fan of quality of spa they much easier to sell.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 01:13:56 pm »
I agree with the above statement by TSG.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 03:10:05 pm »

abc123.....you may find this story from today's LA Times interesting

[size=18]L.A. County tops in factory jobs[/size]

[size=9](Robert Gauthier/Los Angeles Times)
FINAL STEPS: Spas reach the last stages of assembly this month at Cal Spas' plant in Pomona.
Access to Southland ports has helped keep the firm, with its growing global customer base, in the state[/size].

By Walter Hamilton
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
October 23, 2007

When Casey Loyd was looking to expand his spa-manufacturing business three years ago, several other states aggressively courted him to leave Southern California.

The offers were tempting, but the Southland's ample supply of skilled labor and his own fondness for the area led Loyd to keep Cal Spas in Pomona.

"If I was a bean counter and I was in a publicly traded company, I probably would have gone," said Loyd, the company's president. "But being a family-owned business and privately held and having [community] values intact were the reasons we're still here."

Loyd's decision was good news not only for Cal Spas' 600 employees but for Southern California itself.

Although companies such as his are easy to overlook, manufacturing plays a crucial role in Southern California's economy.

There are 808,000 factory jobs in the five-county Southern California region, making up a bit more than 11% of the region's total employment, according to the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp.

Defying the assembly-line image, the region's manufacturers are primarily small businesses with the potential to grow. More than two-thirds of all manufacturing jobs in Los Angeles County are at companies with fewer than 250 employees, according to the county economic group.

Taken by itself, Southern California's manufacturing base would rank third among states, after California as a whole and Texas. Los Angeles County is the nation's largest manufacturing center, with 462,300 jobs, topping Chicago by more than 72,000.

Manufacturing generally churns out well-paid middle-class jobs with good benefits, especially in Southern California, which often tends to have higher-skilled positions, experts say.

The average manufacturing salary in Southern California is $53,113, 14% higher than the average of all industries, according to the California Economic Forecast, a private economic research firm based in Santa Barbara.

"It's sort of the forgotten sector, but we shouldn't forget it because it has so many benefits," said Jack Kyser, the county group's chief economist. "A lot of people sitting in high-rises in downtown Los Angeles probably get a lot of their business from manufacturing firms."

Manufacturing nationwide has shrunk steadily in recent years, and California is no exception. The state has lost a net 464,000 factory jobs since 1990, almost 350,000 of them in Southern California, according to the group. Los Angeles County itself has lost almost 360,000 jobs. Riverside and San Bernardino counties, by contrast, have added a net 48,000 employees.

Southern California suffers from the same factor imperiling manufacturing nationwide: It's often cheaper to produce goods overseas. And California has the added albatross of higher costs and more stringent regulation than other states.

Land values, labor, taxes and workers' compensation insurance are generally higher in California than in other states, said Mark Schniepp, executive director of the California Economic Forecast.

Nevertheless, the fact that so many manufacturing jobs have disappeared actually makes the industry an unexpected economic bulwark, Schniepp said.

The high-skill manufacturing jobs that have managed to stay in Southern California this long are likely to remain, he said.

"We're down to a stable core of manufacturing jobs and a manufacturing industry," Schniepp said. "Even in a downturn, it's not likely to lead to a serious decline in the workforce, simply because those jobs are not there to lose anymore."

Manufacturing also has what economists dub a high "multiplier" effect, meaning the industry creates related jobs in other fields. Apparel makers, for example, often hire freelance designers who aren't technically counted as being in the manufacturing industry.

And when a manufacturer sells a product, the revenue from that sale normally comes from outside the region, Schniepp said. That contrasts with an industry such as retail, which simply recirculates money within a region.

A big impediment to manufacturing is the state's extremely low industrial vacancy rate, Kyser said, which makes it difficult for companies to find affordable space. Especially in Los Angeles, many industrial areas have been rezoned and their buildings converted by developers into lofts and other high-end residential uses, he said.

Workload: A worker at Cal Spas, which employs 600 people.
L.A. County has added 360,000 manufacturing jobs since 1990.
(Robert Gauthier/ Los Angeles Times)

http://www.latimes.com/business/investing/la-fi-bizeconomy23oct23,1,4332604.story?coll=la-headlines-business-invest
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:11:16 pm by Zep »

eln1559

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 04:02:03 pm »
Well thats good news. do you have any experience with their grills and outdoor fireplaces

We have experience with their grills, no their fireplaces.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 04:49:06 pm »
Dimension One.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 06:58:37 pm »
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? :-X
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 07:23:55 pm »
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? :-X

No way, you can't get away without commenting since you used to sell Cal and now sell D1.

I want to see what you have to say because you used to speak up for Cal when people questioned their reputation for quality and warranty issues!!

Give us your opinion Spaman!!!   :o
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:42 pm »

No way, you can't get away without commenting since you used to sell Cal and now sell D1.

I want to see what you have to say because you used to speak up for Cal when people questioned their reputation for quality and warranty issues!!

Give us your opinion Spaman!!!   :o

O.k what I have learned is that if you are a dealer who is diligent in taking care of customers and have many great techs on hand, you are prepared to be a great and successful Cal Spa dealer. Now on the other hand if your a D1 dealer I have found it is no longer necessary to have nearly as many techs on staff. I do stand behind the Cal Spa dealer I formerly worked for as they absolutely take care of their customers! With D1 the need for repairs is far less often as what I have experienced with the Cal Spas. If selling D1 Be prepared to present the tub down to the screws that hold the cabinet on as every detail has to hit on as every detail  is necessary to make the sale because the cost of the D1 is so much higher. My new slogan is you get what you pay for!!!! Of course thats just my opinion and what do I know I am SpaMan!!!!!!!! ;)
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:37 pm »

O.k what I have learned is that if you are a dealer who is diligent in taking care of customers and have many great techs on hand, you are prepared to be a great and successful Cal Spa dealer. Now on the other hand if your a D1 dealer I have found it is no longer necessary to have nearly as many techs on staff. I do stand behind the Cal Spa dealer I formerly worked for as they absolutely take care of their customers! With D1 the need for repairs is far less often as what I have experienced with the Cal Spas. If selling D1 Be prepared to present the tub down to the screws that hold the cabinet on as every detail has to hit on as every detail  is necessary to make the sale because the cost of the D1 is so much higher. My new slogan is you get what you pay for!!!! Of course thats just my opinion and what do I know I am SpaMan!!!!!!!! ;)

Well said!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42