What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artesian filters  (Read 2701 times)

kimdupuie

artesian filters
« on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:58 pm »
I have the bahama with the 24 hr circ pump - no ozone.  My water moves a little most the time.  How do you know when the filters on?  I see the little sign for it on the display panel.  But is tere a way to tell if its really filtering??  I have little things in the tub floating around.  What is a good time to set for the filtering cycle?

Hot Tub Forum

artesian filters
« on: October 23, 2007, 04:13:58 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: artesian filters
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 04:59:54 pm »
I have the bahama with the 24 hr circ pump - no ozone.  My water moves a little most the time.  How do you know when the filters on?  I see the little sign for it on the display panel.  But is tere a way to tell if its really filtering??  I have little things in the tub floating around.  What is a good time to set for the filtering cycle?

If you have 2 filters which you should have?  The circ pump runs through 1 and pump 1 runs through the other,pump 1 should be a single spd pump.   The way you set it, I believe is to hold the light btn down for 5  to 10 seconds, then a individual number should show up 1 to 12. If its on 1 I think thats 1 hour filtration twice a day every 12 hours so on and so on??  I would set it on#2.

What kind of things are floating around clear white slimy looks like dead skin stuff, or hard and crunchy type stuff?

tinybubbles

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 10:23:52 am »
Hi Kim,  it should be easy to tell if your circ pump is running.  Either put your ear right in front of the front panel or put your hand on it.  You should be able to hear or feel a slight vibration.  Have you been hosing your filters off daily?  This helps in the beginning.  I'm curious to hear what kind of stuff is floating in your water.

kimdupuie

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 01:31:49 pm »
It's like dead skin(gross).  No I haven't hosed them off, BUT I will right NOW!  Yes I do have 2 filters.  THANKS for helping me AGAIN!!

tinybubbles

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 01:43:33 pm »
Glad to help.  Trust me, I have plenty of my own questions.  I have my orientation this Friday.  I have no idea what the stuff is floating in your tub.  Maybe a residual from a chemical you added that didn't dissolve completely?  My dealer told me to hose my filters off daily for the first week.  Oh yeah, the circulation pump on Artesian is supposed to be preset to run 24 hours a day from the factory.  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:10:40 pm »
In 2005, Artesian put in a hugh circ pump. I hear it hum ming when I am near it. Make sure your water level is to at least the bottom of the pillow between the 2 neck collar seats. If you lost water from evaporation or splash out - add more. I personally add enough to go about 3/4" up the pillow but that's me. If you have the same circ pump as I do then you should be seeing ripples in the water and if you have a filter weir ((door that open and closes on the filter) don't know if the new ones have it) it should be sucked in a little or maybe pushed down (again maybe different design).

With a circ pump there is no filteration times (at least there wasn't) the filteration runs the ozone run time (2005 and earlier - may be the same)

Pump 1 does have the second filter and about 1/2 the water is circulated through it when the pump is on. Use this to give you additional filteration. Your controller should shut off the jets in 20 minutes.

Little things floating - what sanitizer are you using? Did you shock the tub good before using it? If I remember correctly, the tub was sitting around - it may need a good chemical bath to kill all the nasties in it.

Hope this helps.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:10:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42