What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: please tell me I didn't make a mistake  (Read 6640 times)

IlliniFan

please tell me I didn't make a mistake
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:00:17 pm »
Next weekend will get my J335 delivered.  I have read some not so good reviews of course after I purchased.  Somebody please tell me that I didn't make a big mistake!

Hot Tub Forum

please tell me I didn't make a mistake
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:00:17 pm »

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Re: please tell me I didn't make a mistake
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:10:27 pm »
Next weekend will get my J335 delivered.  I have read some not so good reviews of course after I purchased.  Somebody please tell me that I didn't make a big mistake!

Jacuzzi is one of the most respected names in the industry.  Remember that there are bitter people on the internet who simply bad-mouth others for no solid reason.  They go on and on about problems but 99% of it is fabrication.  An EXCELLENT example is when a guy sells his own "custom built" pieces of crap and tries to "pretend" he knows more than EVERYBODY else.  That one particular guy is a megalo maniac and is dumber that a piece of paper.  Where in EARTH have you heard bad reviews from?

PS - I am NOT a dealer.  Just a consumer with a Jacuzzi and mine has been GREAT for over 4 years now.  Great product, great price.  Unless you paid someone $8K or more for a 335, you did fine (335 street price is probably under $6K).
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:05:51 am »

You can always find an unhappy owner so don't be too bothered if you were only reading an individual bad review, it happens. Jacuzzi isn't great just because Bunka likes his individual spa and at the same time it isn't bad just because the other guy wrote a review about problems he had with his. Both of them can be totally truthful in relaying their expereince but what you're looking for is a trend. I'm not sure what you read but Jacuzzi is a respected brand and generally gets very good reviews so relax and enjoy, you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:10:12 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:08:07 am »
Jacuzzi is a nice spa , relax and enjoy it.... :)

96SC

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 12:46:54 am »
Relax, if you did your homework and wet tested the spa you'll be fine.  Like the others have said, there is always someone not happy with something.

IMHO you didn't make a mistake and I don't even own a Jacuzzi. ;)
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 01:50:42 am »
[size=22]HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!  WHAT WERE U THINKING!!![/size]

Relax, its a good purchase  If your happy thats all that matter

Happy Tubbing!!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 01:51:02 am by Pathfinder »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 07:35:24 am »
There an improving team, There no Ohio State yet, but I don't think you made a mistake being in Illini fan,  you have to stick with your team during the lean decades as well as the good ones.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 09:15:36 am »
I agree with what has been said.

I am really curious as to where you got the bad reviews.  Would you mind letting us know that?
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

IlliniFan

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 11:01:52 pm »
You know I am brand new to this.  I have been so many places on the internet.  One site seemed to be mostly out east, talking about jets popping off, bad circuit boards, "socks" falling off, etc.  I went back to try to find site, but couldn't. My spa will be delivered next weekend.  We are a master suit on our little house with a deck and hot tub off the bedroom.  Still in construction, but deck almost completed.  Electrician suggested bringing tub covered, and sitting in place so he could get wiring right.  Dealer will come back after electricity installed and then set it up.  I probably paid too much for it, but oh well.  Thank you all for the information.  I feel better.  What ever site I was on was awful.  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:56 pm »
IL, you didn't make a mistake. Jacuzzi is a reputable brand. Relax, you have a 5 year warranty for most of the major components. Take some pictures for us after the install. This is the best spa site around.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

IlliniFan

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:38 pm »
Thank you.  Ok I will relax now with the jacuzzi choice. :) :)  Now  I will just worry about Illinois beating Michigan tomorrow night.  You all wear orange tomorrow! Watch the game on ABC. Look for me.  I'll be the one with an orange sweatshirt.

96SC

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 12:16:58 am »
Look for me.  I'll be the one with an orange sweatshirt.

Piece of cake, we'll all look for you.  BTW, App State is just up the road, want me to FedEx over night you a t-shirt?
 ;)
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:11:53 am »
You know I am brand new to this.  I have been so many places on the internet.  One site seemed to be mostly out east, talking about jets popping off, bad circuit boards, "socks" falling off, etc.  I went back to try to find site, but couldn't...  What ever site I was on was awful.  

Are you sure it wasn't in Colorado?

The same thing happened to me 8 or 9 years ago. I found a site that claimed that all the major brands were overpriced deathtraps, & their dealers were lying, thieving scoundrels. I did more research over the next few months, but that one site was always in the back of my mind, even though I could never find it again. When I finally found it, and realized who was "in charge", it really put my mind at ease - I couldn't believe I had ever fallen for half of that stuff.

It's one of the main reasons I keep posting on forums like these, and why I'm looking for a new career in the spa industry. There's a lot of crud out there, and spa shoppers have to dig through a ton of it. It shouldn't be as difficult as it is to find useful information.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:12:36 am by KevinofOH »
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

loosenupspas

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 11:45:26 am »
fireurbanrehirezooker.com......wildly popular website...well not really....but it starts with an idea

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 12:06:47 pm »
fireurbanrehirezooker.com......wildly popular website...well not really....but it starts with an idea

Fire Urban? I agree that Karl Urban would not be my first choice to play "Dr. McCoy" in the upcoming Star Trek movie, but firing him before they start filming is a little harsh, don't you think?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 12:06:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42