What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I am finished looking at hot tubs  (Read 53374 times)

Repeat_Offender

Re: I am finished looking at hot tubs
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 08:49:35 am »
Ouch! Solo, buddy, don't quit your day job....witty, you ain't. Insight isn't your forte either. Up until that last post you were in complete control, you were in Steve's kitchen, had dominion over him. There wasn't a post you could make that he wouldn't respond to, and with malice. Now that's gone. It's a level playing field....too bad, I enjoyed the puppet show.
Bullfrog 562

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 08:49:35 am »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:46 am »
LOL........That was a good one Solo.  ;D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:51 am »

...you were in Steve's kitchen,

And I just thought that was the smell of rotting food...

WOOHOO, now I'm in HIS kitchen, in complete control and have dominion over him right repeat? That doesn't sound the least bit dramatic, sensational or exaggerated at all... ::) ;D

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 09:39:35 am »

Over the PHONE?  That will NOT work!  People calling on the phone (for ANY business) are usually just price comparison.  ALL OFFERS MUST BE MADE IN PERSON.  No WONDER your not getting the discounts you are asking for.  Even telling them you will give them CASH means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING over the phone!  Get out there and "do it in person" or don't do it at all!

I chuckled over this post.....Take it from an old sales dog....times are a changin...
I just bought a 56k new BMW over the phone.  Never went to the dealer until I needed to sign papers.  
The guy emailed me the info and the quotes ....back and forth we wnet...now I wasn't a schmuck like solo and trie to drive the guy into a no margin deal...I wanted to get a fair deal.  I did .....he was very responsive over email....so I bought it.

I knocked on doors for almost 2 decades selling hardware...took all the sales courses...that's too hard.  I presently run an e-commerce shop.  ALL of our SALES come through the internet and the phone.  We almost never need the person to come and visit.  

Now I will get the "glen gary glenn ross" old tub sales guys  telling me I do not know the business....come on dude...ABC....I know the game...but do not discount new technology and how you can get customers to buy.  Most affluent customers...the ones you want....not solo...who wants a win/lose relationship  just need information.  Give it to them the way THE CUSTMOER wants to receive it.  Do not be the order prevention department.

OK...gotta answer the phones...customers are calling and they are buying....

A good morning Rant is always fun.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 10:15:35 am »
Over the PHONE?  That will NOT work!  People calling on the phone (for ANY business) are usually just price comparison.  ALL OFFERS MUST BE MADE IN PERSON.  No WONDER your not getting the discounts you are asking for.  Even telling them you will give them CASH means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING over the phone!  Get out there and "do it in person" or don't do it at all!

I chuckled over this post.....Take it from an old sales dog....times are a changin...
I just bought a 56k new BMW over the phone.  Never went to the dealer until I needed to sign papers.  
The guy emailed me the info and the quotes ....back and forth we wnet...now I wasn't a schmuck like solo and trie to drive the guy into a no margin deal...I wanted to get a fair deal.  I did .....he was very responsive over email....so I bought it.

I knocked on doors for almost 2 decades selling hardware...took all the sales courses...that's too hard.  I presently run an e-commerce shop.  ALL of our SALES come through the internet and the phone.  We almost never need the person to come and visit.  

Now I will get the "glen gary glenn ross" old tub sales guys  telling me I do not know the business....come on dude...ABC....I know the game...but do not discount new technology and how you can get customers to buy.  Most affluent customers...the ones you want....not solo...who wants a win/lose relationship  just need information.  Give it to them the way THE CUSTMOER wants to receive it.  Do not be the order prevention department.

I don't disagree with ya and I understand that much of business is conducted via phone and internet. What did we ever do prior to cell phones and email?

BUT...a hot tub is a very personal purchase. Most of us have never owned one before and that is much different than a car or other commodity. This is a purchase targeted at personal comfort and the shear need to understand a luxury item that most have no clue about prior to seeing them. Most won't buy a car unless they've driven it and we've all driven a car right? Why should a spa be any different?

Yes, I've sold a handful of spas over the phone but we're talking about the majority of customers here and not the 2%.

In business, most deals are still conducted face to face and there's no technology (other than a web cam) that can ever replace the facial expressions, body language and the overall ability to conduct business and negotiate price while gaining the real understanding of who you are negotiating with and giving the impression of being serious about it.

I'm a firm believer than ANYONE who walks into a spa store is a serious shopper because they've taken the time to come to the store. Most spa retailers are not in shopping malls and it takes a certain degree of effort to make the trip in. Anyone can pick up a phone and ask for the best price. There's no effort in that...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:16:33 am by Steve »

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 10:37:40 am »

And I just thought that was the smell of rotting food...

WOOHOO, now I'm in HIS kitchen, in complete control and have dominion over him right repeat? That doesn't sound the least bit dramatic, sensational or exaggerated at all... ::) ;D

Keep those responses coming Steve, right on cue....
Listen, while you're in his kitchen, have his mom make me a sandwich mmmmmk? All this high comedy is making me hungry.
Bullfrog 562

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 01:08:35 pm »
Steve-

The point I was making is that there are many new and old ways to get the job done.  If you did not see The Office last week  try to see it. It was about the new "manager" telling all the workers how things were going to change.

I would agree that getting somneone in the showroom is a good thing.....and a wet test is very importanat.  But the first impression is more in line with what I am speaking.

When I went to purchase the car....I wanted basic information....and pricing.  I was very specific on the info I needed.  The reason I needed it was to start to get my self educated on this large purchase.  One guy would not send me the info I needed...I had to come and see him....afraid not big guy.  I bought from a dealer an hour from here.....I drove by 3 other BMW dealers on the way.  It was all based on my first impression that the fast turn around on information and follow up made the difference.  So many sales guys try to push the customer into their sales model versus finding out how the customer will buy.

Then again there are tire kickers that come in person and do it over the phone!!

Brookenstein

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 01:46:50 pm »
Solo,

My 3 year old and 7 year old are short bus riders. I have no doubt they have higher intellect, higher personal relation skills, and are better looking than you.  Get over yourself!!!

2 smart, 2 great,  short bus kids, and one pretty po'd mom at one idiotic internet poster named solo

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 02:12:20 pm »

I bought a Benz over the net (kinda - in that I made the deal on the net and then showed up to verify it before taking possession) and have been able to deal with other stores over the phone without any problems.  I agree that some businesses run "just fine" over the net without the face-to-face but I don't know of a SINGLE Hot Tub dealership that is effective doing so (unless you consider cheap, no-warranty stuff off eBay acceptable).

Many car dealerships are starting to realize that there are educated consumers out there and many have created "Internet Fleet" account managers who's solitary job is to "capture" those sales.  I am pretty certain that the Hot Tub industry is a LONG way off from that (at this point).  A black CLS55 AMG with the 030 package is the same everywhere as is the INVOICE cost of that so that approach works there.  However, the invoice cost of a loaf of bread is not as easily available nor is the invoice cost of a the latest Harley Davidson Motorcycle so working "up form Invoice" isn't practical in those markets nor is it effective in the Hot Tub industry (today).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:22:19 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 02:50:55 pm »
 My opinion of this thread.

[url]

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2007, 03:24:26 pm »
Steve-

The point I was making is that there are many new and old ways to get the job done.  If you did not see The Office last week  try to see it. It was about the new "manager" telling all the workers how things were going to change.

I would agree that getting somneone in the showroom is a good thing.....and a wet test is very importanat.  But the first impression is more in line with what I am speaking.

When I went to purchase the car....I wanted basic information....and pricing.  I was very specific on the info I needed.  The reason I needed it was to start to get my self educated on this large purchase.  One guy would not send me the info I needed...I had to come and see him....afraid not big guy.  I bought from a dealer an hour from here.....I drove by 3 other BMW dealers on the way.  It was all based on my first impression that the fast turn around on information and follow up made the difference.  So many sales guys try to push the customer into their sales model versus finding out how the customer will buy.

Then again there are tire kickers that come in person and do it over the phone!!

It's not that I don't get what you're saying and in certain businesses that concept is entirely true. But as Bunky pointed out, this industry and product is nowhere near that for a number of different reason and the fact remains that people need to see, touch and experience these units to become familiar with them.

Initially, your theory works well as a "fact finding" mission to gain the basic knowledge needed to progress. There is NO WAY that all aspects of spa shopping can be done this way until spa ownership becomes as common as buying a car. We're just not anywhere near that stage in spa ownership and familiarity.

Oh and Brookenstein... great picture of the kids! ;)

Steve

RK23

« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2007, 05:30:11 pm »
Steve and Pete, you are both right.  The problem is that Solo wants the absolute BEST POSSIBLE deal by his definition, which typically cannot be done over the phone, and often cannot be done at all...

In Canada eh

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 10:21:42 pm »
My opinion of this thread.

[url]

Jim,

You are a valuable member of this forum but, when it comes to photoshopping your no Term ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:23:39 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Pathfinder

« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2007, 12:28:40 am »
The facial on that guy made laugh so much I cried but if that is supposed to be Solo where's the hockey helmet???

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:59 am »
Steve and ndabunka

Understand your posts and agree to some of it.......However, the guys who keeps up with the new technology......or better yet blazes the trail, instead of the old true and tried...will win out in the end.  If you are not moving ahead...your falling behind.

BTW  it's great that this thread turned away from the "solo" mission.

:)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42