What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Friend looking at used Hawkeye, input appreciated  (Read 4388 times)

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
Friend looking at used Hawkeye, input appreciated
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:40:34 pm »
I've had a few hot tub parties this summer, and some of my friends are now convinced to get one themselves but also want a "starter tub" to see if they will really use it regularly.  I've had my eyes open for deals but a few of the Hot Springs and Jacuzzis I saw out there were from much earlier in the spring.  There's a Hawkeye posted that's reasonably priced, but other than a few generally positive comments I've read here I don't know much about them.   Any comments are much appreciated.  Link to the tub with picture: http://rochester.craigslist.org/hsh/443216804.html

Hot Tub Forum

Friend looking at used Hawkeye, input appreciated
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:40:34 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Friend looking at used Hawkeye, input apprecia
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »
I'm with you Matt, I really haven't heard much about Hawkeye. The things I do notice though, are that it looks pretty old, it definetly needs a new cover, and they didn't maintain the skirting to well. Other than that it's pretty hard to tell w/o actually seeing it up and running in person. I betcha they'd be happy gettin anything for it especially since the buyer must provide pick-up and delivery as well......

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:08:46 pm »
I knew a guy who used to sell Hawkeye.  Notice I say used to.  He was all excited about them at first, but learned that he didn't get much in the way of support from them.  It made it hard for him to get parts and to get paid for his warranty.  They did eventually pay him, just took a long time.  He stopped selling them because after the 1st year he started getting too many service problems.  He getting very few issues with his other line (One of the top brands), so he went only with that brand.

Hawkeye is an okay spa.  Not great, just okay.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:26:58 am »
Thanks for the replies.  I had kind of the same impression - better than some of the cheap brands out there, but just 'okay' in general.  Given the age (10 years) and some of the things Chad pointed out, I think I'll tell him to wait and keep my eyes open for a slightly newer, better looking tub.

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:13:49 am »
be patient and a better deal will come your way....if you are uncomfortable with this spa...then don't buy it.  Keep looking.....spread your search out to as many advertisng forums as you can.....good luck.  If you go further with this spa....pull off the front and sides if possible and look at the wood.  After 10 yrs it might not be in the best shape.  

WooWho

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 09:25:35 am »
hi Matt.. are you in Rochester?  I'm in that area also   :)   I'm not sure why but I keep an eye on used tubs on craigslist.... Did you see this one?  It looks better than most I've seen on Craigslist.  

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/450099277.html

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 03:43:15 pm »
I made it a clickable link for you
http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/450099277.html

I wonder how long it's been dry for.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 03:45:46 pm by WHY_NOT »

Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »
Check with some of your local hot tub dealers.  Many dealers work with trade in spas.  If the know you are interested, they'll keep an eye out and call you when they get something.  Generally, you pay a little more when you go through a dealer, but most will include at least a 90 day warranty, they have put in new filters, possibly a new cover, and have done a "tune up."  Might be a good way to go as well.  Just as with a new spa, make sure the dealer has a good reputation in town.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42