What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: If you had to rank Hot tubs  (Read 48703 times)

C-MeToasty

Re: If you had to rank Hot tubs
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 03:04:21 pm »
Yeah our Coleman salesman said that they will be using this super heavy duty light material for insulation and structure.  That's funny you mentioned that because he said the same thing.  Some space age stuff.  I think Coleman is thinking out of the box for the years to come and may suprise alot of people.  New space age stuff when you thought hot tubs were at there best.  HEAT REFLECTIVE CARBON BASED SUPER DUTY ALLOY METALS with CARBON FLUEX JETS and even a GEL FEELING ARM REST WITH SEQUENCERS ON THE WRISTS and every zone of the body for that matter.  How does that sound?  Good?  Yeah I can't wait.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 03:04:21 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2007, 03:12:11 pm »
Yeah our Coleman salesman said that they will be using this super heavy duty light material for insulation and structure.  That's funny you mentioned that because he said the same thing.  Some space age stuff.  I think Coleman is thinking out of the box for the years to come and may suprise alot of people.  New space age stuff when you thought hot tubs were at there best.  HEAT REFLECTIVE CARBON BASED SUPER DUTY ALLOY METALS with CARBON FLUEX JETS and even a GEL FEELING ARM REST WITH SEQUENCERS ON THE WRISTS and every zone of the body for that matter.  How does that sound?  Good?  Yeah I can't wait.

... and right about the same time you'll also probably be able to beam yourself from your bedroom right into the spa (and back) so you can avoid having to walk to/from the spa in cold weather.  ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

C-MeToasty

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2007, 03:23:15 pm »
ANTI-MATTER is a different area in life of unseen destruction or construction.  We are talking about tubs here sir.  Please don't deviate from the topic here.

loosenupspas

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2007, 03:24:08 pm »
funny huh........coleman thinking cutting edge......how surprising.  You are having a great exerence with your M6  and that is all that counts.  All the rest is hooha. Have a nice weekend.........soaking.  Your dealer is the nicest man too.....attended sales training with him and enjoy the time together......Tom......

C-MeToasty

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2007, 04:21:34 pm »
HAHA that's funny small world.  What a sales guy he is.  He is honest because I asked him what was up with the water feature and he said it is the lamest one he has ever saw and figured all that high tech they could of put a better waterfall and I just laughed.  He also was by far the most knowlegeable on the block.  I told him to sign me up. lol  I guess those classes helped him.  He knew exact amounts of jets for any model spa I named on the block.  Remember in LI there is about 12 spa places on the same block and he knew every make and model I mentioned and went as far as to show me information of comparisons on other models I was considering.  WOW if I ever seen someone on top of his game.

loosenupspas

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2007, 04:36:04 pm »
So you wet tested other tubs too? What sold you on the M6?  It is an expensive item.......

C-MeToasty

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2007, 05:13:02 pm »
I wet tested the grandee HS and I floated all over the place and my girlfriend couldn't even stay in any seat.  I wet tested the Artic and Jacuzzi and tried the artic and half the jets started coming out and the sales guy said that they were waiting on a new set because they were defective.  The Jacuzzi was all eye candy with those lit up jets but the SS Jets in the M6 shined from the reflection of the color light and that was great for me as there was one less thing that can go wrong.  I tried the Sundance and was very similar to the jacuzzi in that the jets were nice quality but again had trouble staying in place.  Master spa had a similar construction but I didn't like how the steel didn't run up and down so the one they had working all the panels were bowed   :o.  I looked at bullfrog, beachcomber but those guys were bashing everyone and saying they were the best but couldn't back it up.  I was sold on the M6 because of all the goodies it came with, efficiency, accesabilty, solid bottom and a very thick shell if I may add.  Thicker than when coleman was a full foam spa.   and I only add Metal X because I have a high iron content and I add a product called Activate by rendevous and I add 1oz after every use because it says 99.9%.  The water always stays crystal clear and I don't get FOAM anymore YAY :D.  But most of all the company already had me sold so they just confirmed the sale.  They also built my parents gunite pool in 1969 and my brothers gunite pool recently and WOW.  He has an invincable or vanishing edge with crazy waterfalls and even a pool table in the middle of the pool formed out with rebar and looks crazy.  They have won awards for the some of the nicest gunite pools in the NE right behind ronny gibbons.  I go to him for all my testing and chemicals.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2007, 05:50:19 pm »
I have a pair of chunky friends that float.  They look like a couple of donuts in hot grease rolling around on the surface! ;D

Term
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:50:48 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2007, 06:13:42 pm »

Lighted jets in the Jacuzzi?    You do realize activate is nothing more than shock?  And is also used with enhance which is a liquid bromide.  Curious what your using for a sanitizer?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:18:07 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Tom

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2007, 06:20:03 pm »
I wet tested the Arctic and...half the jets started coming out and the sales guy said that they were waiting on a new set because they were defective.  
We have had this situation corrected for some time now, but perhaps not all our dealers have caught up.  PM me the name of the dealer and I'll look into this.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:22:51 pm by Graybeard »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2007, 06:22:21 pm »
Those figures are not unreasonable.  According to a report I saw some time ago (from Lucite), in 2005 the top twenty NA manufacturers by unit volume were, in alphabetical order,
1.      Arctic Spas
2.      Artesian
3.      Beachcomber Spas
4.      Cal Spas      
5.      Catalina Spas
6.      Coast Spas
7.      Coleman Spas
8.      D-1 Spas      
9.      Leisure Bay Dreamaker
10.      Dynasty Spas      
11.      Hydro Spas
12.      Hydropool      
13.      Jacuzzi/Sundance
14.      Keys Fitness      
15.      Marquis      
16.      Master Spas      
17.      Nordic
18.      Softub
19.      Vita Spas
20.      Watkins/Caldera
This report gave the annual production volume of these 20 as >7,000 units per year with the top 10 >11,000/yr.  

Humm a very interesting and well totally bogus list, Nordic does not use acrylic and could not be tracked by Lucite or any other acrylic maker and the same hold true for Soft tub. There are no truly reliable reports of this type that exist for this industry.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:23:20 pm by Mendocino101 »

Tom

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2007, 06:27:52 pm »
Humm a very interesting and well totally bogus list
Lucite doesn't say where they got those figures.  Could be estimates based on a variety of sources.  Not totally bogus, but not totally accurate either.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2007, 07:38:12 pm »

Humm a very interesting and well totally bogus list, Nordic does not use acrylic and could not be tracked by Lucite or any other acrylic maker and the same hold true for Soft tub. There are no truly reliable reports of this type that exist for this industry.

Spa lists like this are kind of like my list of women I would want on my tropical island.

It's fun to make the list but it doesn't mean a thing (unless some of them start disappearing and the FBI finds my list).

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:54:38 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 08:34:31 pm »
Or you acquire an island................ I might be willing to share my island with you, but I'd need to see the list first  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 10:56:22 pm »
I bought this Coleman from the same place as I did 20 years ago.  My electric bill is about 5 dollars a month higher as my old FF spa.  

Let me make sure I read this correctly - your electric bill with the new spa is averaging $5 per month more than it was with your 20 year old spa?
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 10:56:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42