What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Oh, What a Show!  (Read 12739 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Oh, What a Show!
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:59:34 am »
A week ago today, I loaded up and went to the Great State Fair of Texas to enjoy the festivities and look at the spas.  The numbers are dwindling since my firts visit in 2005 as is the quality of the displays.  The last couple of years, Master Spa had a HUGE booth with probably 20 spas, numerous grills and gazebos, landscaping.  This year, just a 40 x 60 tent like most everyone else.   Here is a brief rundown of the participants then and now:

Aries
CalSpa
Hydropool
SoftTub
Sundance
Morgan
Home Depot (Image)
Master
Rec Warehouse (Caldera/Leisure Bay)
Superior Spas
Nordic

Aries
CalSpa
Jacuzzi/D-1 (Same dealer)
Rec Warehouse (Caldera/Leisure Bay)
Gulf Coast
Master
Morgan

Before I start, let me preface by saying this:

1.  I know these guys are just trying to make a living.
2.  I didn't approach them, they all approached me and started their sales pitches.
3.  I didn't tell any of them I was spa shopping, just looking.
4.  Factory sales reps are lying slimy used car salesman.  I've only met about 3 who weren't.

To be continued.....

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Oh, What a Show!
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:59:34 am »

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
Re: Oh, What a Show!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:36:57 pm »
[4.  Factory sales reps are lying slimy used car salesman.  I've only met about 3 who weren't.

To be continued.....

Terminator
[/quote]

Term,
Please qualify this remark as to whom are you speaking. Only the  factory reps selling hot tubs or all factory reps? I need to know.

A HONEST, WARM PINK + DRY
FACTORY SALES REP.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:39:08 pm »
Sorry.....spa factory reps.

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:47:09 pm »
 Are they actually factory reps or the NDS boys who I find all to be lying low lifes that will say anything to sell someone a spa!  They say they are reps, but they really are not.

Most have never even been to the factory?  ::)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:48:49 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:50:17 pm »
I'm not really sure...they just all either said they were factory reps or it was embroideried on their shirts.

I hate to tell you this, but the Jacuzzi guy told some of the biggest whoppers of all and it's a shame because he didn't need to.  The Jacuzzi's were very impressive looking, but I'll get to that later.  I'm trying to get all of the pictures organized and it takes a while.

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 01:57:55 pm »
I'm not really sure...they just all either said they were factory reps or it was embroideried on their shirts.

I hate to tell you this, but the Jacuzzi guy told some of the biggest whoppers of all and it's a shame because he didn't need to.  The Jacuzzi's were very impressive looking, but I'll get to that later.  I'm trying to get all of the pictures organized and it takes a while.

Term

You can tell me, as I am not them!   Overall a shame though!  I am curious as to what they said!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 02:08:22 pm »
For those of you who don't know, the State Fair of Texas lasts 24 days.  It is on 277-acres in East Dallas and boasts the largest collection of art deco exhibit buildings in North America.  The Cotton Bowl is located there and has played host to the Texas-OU football game every year since 1929.  Approximately 3-4 million people visit each October.  The corny dog was invented there as was the Fried Twinkie.  It is a truly amazing experience and I wholeheartedly encourage people to attend.  I'm going back next week.

Here is a shot of the Mall.  There are 3 huge exhibit halls which house the Auto Show (worth the price of admission just to see the cars!):

Here is an example of pure Texas art deco...a topless muscle lady sprinklin' M & M's and a drunken farmer out cruising for chicks on his tractor:

First stop is always the Fletcher Corny Dog Stand:

To be continued.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:09:48 pm by East_TX_Spa »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 02:20:03 pm »
I purchased my first Shiner Bock and me and Doodlebug headed into the car show.

There was an Airstream Van concept vehicle on display.  It was very futuristically retro in a basically extravagant motif, if that makes sense (please don't make fun of my child's appearance, she takes after her momma and is not as blessed as her father in beauty or demeanor):

The Ford Interceptor was a big, bad looking machine.  It just begs to be used to run lesser cars off the road:

Ford has decided to use robots to market their vehicles in place of spokesmodels.  He was very knowledgeable about his products, current and future events, and was 10 times funnier than Ben Stiller, which ain't sayin' nothin' because Ben Stiller just ain't funny.  His daddy is, but he ain't. (The lady in the blue shirt kept trying to get a peek at the robot's giblets, but he was asexual):

To be continued....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:23:53 pm by East_TX_Spa »

loosenupspas

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 02:47:53 pm »
My Coleman Sales reps are first class.......the best in fact........

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 03:05:17 pm »
We wandered over to another exhibit hall where they were giving out free ice cream.  There isn't anything better than free ice cream, a fact no one can dispute.

We saw Elsie the Cow, who remains the prettiest cow I have ever seen.  She wears a little gold necklace on her horns, though it is a shame that it has to have a lock on it to protect her from chainsnatchers:

There is always a butter sculpture exhibit in a refrigerated display case.  I think this is a cow in a hot air balloon:

These are flying butter pigs.  It is amazing what you can do with butter:

This man had the worst toupee I had ever seen.  I swear he was wearing a skint possum on his head:

We entered the Dickie's Bullfighting Competition.  Doodlebug distracted the bull whilst I used the tried-and-true Ralph Macchio technique to render the bull helpless:

We then visited the Dallas Aquarium and saw my old friend Mossback.  This alligator snapping turtle has been here since at least 1971, the first time I visited the aquarium as a kindergartner.  He is one big rascal, about 5 feet long from snout to tail:

On to the spas......

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 03:17:24 pm »
Sounds like things are a bit slow at the show...
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:38 pm »
Sounds like things are a bit slow at the show...

It was.  Most of the spa dealers were sitting around playing on the computer or watching their pop-up TV's.  There was probably 1 spa company out there that will turn a profit.

Terminator

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 03:40:33 pm »
How dem pop up tv thingies work out in a spa anyhow? Sell any?
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 03:44:39 pm »
How dem pop up tv thingies work out in a spa anyhow? Sell any?

If you're asking me, I wouldn't know.

I don't sell spas with TV's, I was at the fair strictly as a citizen, the Dallas HotSpring dealer (Bright Ideas by Coleman) hasn't exhibited at the fair in several years.  I drove up there on my day off to see the dog-and-pony show that the other guys put on.

Terminator

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:12 pm »
My Coleman Sales reps are first class.......the best in fact........

LOL do you even know the Coleman/Elite sales people?  I wont name names, but talk about the sleeziest in the business.  

Being a traveling spa salesman or "factory rep" I know SOME guys out there can give people a bad taste in their mouth but its not ALL of us.  

NDS is kind of the JV of the road teams anyway, they dont pay well so anyone good enough to sell for other companies will because they arnt forced into their schedule and make more money.  But I am pretty sure they have all been to the factory knowing them personally.

We know beback type of salespeople don't like us very well because some of us do over promise and underachieve but we also close people because there is no tomorrow for people like me.
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42