What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dirty Duck  (Read 3049 times)

96SC

Dirty Duck
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:24:56 am »
Do any of you use a 'dirty duck' like device to absorb lotion.  My wife has a morning ritual of a full body emersion of lotion and I notice there is a residue ring at the water line.  It comes off easy enough if you get your hand wet and rinse it off but if I could avoid the rinse off step it would be nice.

What has been your experience with a 'duck'?  (The lyric, 'Disco, Disco Duck' keeps running through my mind)

Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

Dirty Duck
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:24:56 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Dirty Duck
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:39:35 am »
Do any of you use a 'dirty duck' like device to absorb lotion.  My wife has a morning ritual of a full body emersion of lotion and I notice there is a residue ring at the water line.  It comes off easy enough if you get your hand wet and rinse it off but if I could avoid the rinse off step it would be nice.

What has been your experience with a 'duck'?  (The lyric, 'Disco, Disco Duck' keeps running through my mind)

They help.  I've used them off and on..they do absorb oils, etc, but there is only so much a little duck or bug can do  ;).  You might try an enzyme additive such as Leisure Time Enzyme or Spa Perfect.  You would need to add it weekly and I personally like them as a maintenance product.  Enzymes add nothing negative to your spa water.  Some have reported foaming with Spa Perfect.  I have only used the LT product and have never had foaming.

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:05:37 pm »
Yes, I loved my dirty duck. I let mine float in the filter compartment, and squeezed it out before each soak, & rinsed it in running water every week or two. I was always amazed at how much oily, foamy stuff came out of there.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 12:05:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42