What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub tips!  (Read 13036 times)

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Best Hot Tub tips!
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:54:08 pm »
Over the time you've visited the board, what's the best hot tub tips you've received?

One of my favorites is using a turkey baster to get the sand out of the bottom of the tub....works like a charm!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Hot Tub tips!
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:54:08 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Best Hot Tub tips!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:01:43 pm »
One of my favorites is using a turkey baster to get the sand out of the bottom of the tub....works like a charm!

You can also use them for artificial insemination for infertile couples.  When I was an amateur doctor in junior college, I offered this service.  I also did hip replacements with bicycle parts for a nominal fee.

Best hot tub advice... wet test, go with a reputable company, get everything in writing, don't give in to high pressure sales tactics, do the research...nowledge is powur!

Termie
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:01:59 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Renee

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:04:47 pm »
My 7 year old daughter uses the turkey baster as a pretend microphone and sings to whatever music we're listening to in the hot tub when we're done getting the sand out.   I guess it has many uses!   ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 04:09:41 pm »
I guess it has many uses!   ;)

Yes, they are truly wonderful.  I know some fat people that use them to suck sweat out of their harder to reach flesh folds.  A good size turkey baster and a sponge greatly improves their social standing.

Termie

Renee

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 04:11:46 pm »

Yes, they are truly wonderful.  I know some fat people that use them to suck sweat out of their harder to reach flesh folds.  A good size turkey baster and a sponge greatly improves their social standing.

Termie

I will never think of a turkey baster quite the same after your posts, Term!   ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 04:18:03 pm »

I will never think of a turkey baster quite the same after your posts, Term!   ;D

It's best that you don't.  I went to the Great State Fair of Texas last Thursday.  I was amazed at all the fat folk riding around on their little scooters and rascals, all of them with their turkey basters at their sides.  I'm sitting there thinkin' "If those chubalubs would try WALKING sometimes, they might not need those turkey basters and oxygen tanks."  But what do I know?  Not much of nuthin'.

Termie

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 04:32:51 pm »
In regards to the question concerning infertility, the understanding of basic human anatomy is a definite requisite, for example:

Many years ago, my wife (Ol' Meanness) had just finished a telephone conversation with her only Baby Sister.  Baby Sister and her husband (Big Jim) had been trying to breed unsuccessfully for several years.  They had been to real doctors, tried surgery, and had resorted to taking some type of hormone injection.  All to no avail.

Ol' Meanness:  "I feel so sorry for Baby Sister...Big Jim is having to give her two shots in her butt everyday."

Dr. Term:  "Well, that's the whole danged problem...he's doing it in the wrong place."

I got the snot slapped out of me for being so blunt, but the good common sense I expoused evidently reached Big Jim because now they have two loverly childrens and I take full credit for their conception without being directly involved.  Just study your anatomy books and the answers will present themselves without provocation.

Termie  

Venissa

• Proud owner of a Coleman model 461
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:46:39 pm »
In regards to the question concerning infertility, the understanding of basic human anatomy is a definite requisite, for example:

Many years ago, my wife (Ol' Meanness) had just finished a telephone conversation with her only Baby Sister.  Baby Sister and her husband (Big Jim) had been trying to breed unsuccessfully for several years.  They had been to real doctors, tried surgery, and had resorted to taking some type of hormone injection.  All to no avail.

Ol' Meanness:  "I feel so sorry for Baby Sister...Big Jim is having to give her two shots in her butt everyday."

Dr. Term:  "Well, that's the whole danged problem...he's doing it in the wrong place."

I got the snot slapped out of me for being so blunt, but the good common sense I expoused evidently reached Big Jim because now they have two loverly childrens and I take full credit for their conception without being directly involved.  Just study your anatomy books and the answers will present themselves without provocation.

Termie  

My goodness I needed that laugh!
Thanks Term.....hilarious!
Don't throw away the old bucket until you know whether the new one holds water.

wedag

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:46 pm »
Best tip I got was DO NOT LISTEN TO SOLO

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:17:50 pm »

Termie

I used to use a turkey baster to feed my seahorses.

But speaking of fat people and kitchen implements (and I've never used THAT particular phrase before!), has anyone seen those shows on mortally obese people, like "Half Ton Man"? The people so obese they can't even move? One of the most common questions they DON'T cover on the shows that most people want to know is "how do they go to the bathroom" (or, more directly, how do their loved ones clean up after them when they go). The answer? Barbecue tongs.

Specifically, long handled barbecue tongs. I've NEVER looked at barbecue tongs the same way since.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 08:54:03 pm »
Back on subject ... Use a pool skimmer to skim out the foam.

IlliniFan

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 08:56:04 pm »
As a newbie here, I thought I was going to get scads of  technical information from this forum.  I didn't realize that I was going to laugh so much.  I am a nurse, so all the turkey baster trivia makes sense to me.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 08:40:11 am »
Back on subject ... Use a pool skimmer to skim out the foam.

Someone here had mentioned that when I was having a foam issue after a month of use.  The dealer also said that was the best thing to do.  But I have to tell you that you need an awful lot of patience to do that.  Seemed like the more I scooped the more foam that was created.

I gave up and followed the best tip I received - newbies should drain their tub after a month and start fresh.  I did and am close to 3 months in to my second fill with no problems.  8-)

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 08:47:05 am »
I thought that putting anti-foam in a spray bottle what a great idea. Just a couple of spritz and the foam is gone.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:50 am »
not sure about "best tips"

but this is my favorite pic i have seen on here!

escalade offer still stands!  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42