What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best time of the year to get a good deal on tub?  (Read 11246 times)

tinybubbles

Re: Best time of the year to get a good deal on tu
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 02:04:12 pm »
Solo, you mention that many buyers are affluent, so the purchase of a spa isnt a financial burden on them.  If it is a financial burden for you, why would you buy one?  A spa is both therapeutic and a luxury purchase.  If you solely want one for therapy, you could buy a good, therapeutic spa for much less than the tubs you are shopping.  If saving $500 dollars is so important to you, than buy a less expensive or smaller tub.  If you like the jacuzzi 300 series, you can easily knock $500 off the price by going smaller.  As long as you stay in the 300 series, all you are giving up is a little room.  You get the same features and the same jet configurations.  I don't believe you want to spend $500 less on a spa, you want the dealer to knock an extra $500 off the price.  There is a big difference.  If you wanted a spa, you would have bought one by now.  There are plenty of great spas out there that would fit your "budget".

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 02:04:12 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 02:41:13 pm »
Solo, you mention that many buyers are affluent, so the purchase of a spa isnt a financial burden on them.  If it is a financial burden for you, why would you buy one?  A spa is both therapeutic and a luxury purchase.  If you solely want one for therapy, you could buy a good, therapeutic spa for much less than the tubs you are shopping.  If saving $500 dollars is so important to you, than buy a less expensive or smaller tub.  If you like the jacuzzi 300 series, you can easily knock $500 off the price by going smaller.  As long as you stay in the 300 series, all you are giving up is a little room.  You get the same features and the same jet configurations.  I don't believe you want to spend $500 less on a spa, you want the dealer to knock an extra $500 off the price.  There is a big difference.  If you wanted a spa, you would have bought one by now.  There are plenty of great spas out there that would fit your "budget".

LOL, the last 3 spas he mentioned are all pretty expensive but he could buy a same sized (less featured) spa from each of those manufacturers and spend less money. If he for instance looked at a Tiger River spa instead of the Hot Spring he mentioned it might be $1000 less. However, I am SURE he would still offer a price that was lower than what they are willing to sell that one for so he'd be in the same boat.

Make no mistake, his #1 interest is leaving with the thought that he got the spa cheaper than what others paid for it and that's his prerogative. He's hoping to find someone in a situation where they're willing to take a low offer and it does happen.

What would be funny is if he made an offer and they quickly accepted it. I'd love to see the look on his face because it surely would convey the thought "well, if you're willing to accept that offer then how about if I counter even lower". At some point he’ll find a dealer willing to make a deal that works for them and who is savvy enough to make Solo feel like he got a “killer” deal even if it’s only a “really good” deal.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 03:53:30 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tinybubbles

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 03:17:30 pm »
Very true spatech.  There is no reality, only perception.  As long as he perceives that he's getting a killer deal, that's all that matters.  I agree that it's his perogative, but geez, can't he be honest about it.  This is a site of spa professionals and spa owners.  Is he looking for advice and knowledge or an audience?  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »
There is no spa selling for a price Solo apparently wants to pay.  He seems to be under the assumption that whatever the asking price is from the seller, it's too high.  Doesn't matter if it's a $9K H.S. or a $7K Tiger River.  It's not the acutal dollars, but comes down to beating the dealer- just gotta squeeze that last dime.  

Time to get on the bench next to that guy from a couple years ago- Wantsaspa, or was it Needsaspa?  Same type- and that guy probably has the same "Deal on the Table" for the 2005 Cameo (it was a new tub back then.  He wouldn't agree to pay the going price, and apparently went without)

Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 08:29:35 pm »

Is he looking for advice and knowledge or an audience?

That is BRILLIANT! Standing O for tinybubbles! ;D

Solo... you want a spa for a great price right? Good for you and we all wanted the same thing. You don't want to part with $8000 cause it's a lot of money right? If you can save $1000 for something similar, that makes sense right? You want therapy and value right?

Here's a secret but you can't tell ANYONE!... Number of jets is in no way related to therapy. 85% of the therapy of a hot tub comes from heat and buoyancy. The jets will add to that but just sitting in hot water offers a great deal of therapeutic value. That said, the cost of spa is directly related to the number of jets. The increased HP required, more plumbing, etc. will all impact price.

Go get yourself a 4 or 5 thousand dollar spa and enjoy it and prevent yourself from having buyer’s remorse which we ALL KNOW is going to happen.

I tried to type slow...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 07:49:34 am »
Time for Solo to visit Reverend Jim.  He's now bragging on a thread that has about 13 posts, 12 of which are his, and one from Tom G. (Arctic Spa Exec) that H**ven spas are the least expensive to own and have the bestest therapy.  So the choice for Solo is obvious.  He want's the best spa at the lowest price, so go see Jimmy.  He'll do you right.  
Brewman

Tom

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 10:33:48 am »
one from Tom G. (Arctic Spa Exec)  

Thanks for the promotion, but I am actually classed as a clerk.

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 11:15:03 am »
FWIW    As a newbie to spas and the forum, I have had nothing but useful advice when shopping for my spa, buying the spa and now help with keeping it clean.  Whether dealers or experienced users, everyone has been honest and forthcoming with information to help me with my purchase and upkeep.  No one tried to "sell me" on their product.  I went to the reputable dealers in the area, Jacuzzi, D1 and Sundance and wet tested their products. I decided on a Sundance Optima primarily because of the dealer's willingness to spend time with me explaining everything I wanted to know (and some) and he didn't push.  He then encouraged me to go to the other places and wet test their spas.  When all was said in done, he gave me a decent discount and several "extras".  The main thing was that I felt I could count on him for service if/when I needed it.   All of these points were brought out on this forum before I ever went shopping.  Because of the advice I got here, I knew what to look for in a dealer (not just a spa).   Yes price matters, but in the long run, it's the trust and service you get from your dealer that will leave the lasting impression and matter the most.  

Solo, apparently you are the forum's whipping boy and you obviously enjoy it or you wouldn't continue to show your a$$ everytime you post.

To everyone who has helped direct me (now and in the future) in the purchase and maintenance of my 07 Optima,  Thanks.
"Growing older but not up..."

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 03:35:53 pm »
FWIW    As a newbie to spas and the forum, I have had nothing but useful advice when shopping for my spa, buying the spa and now help with keeping it clean.  Whether dealers or experienced users, everyone has been honest and forthcoming with information to help me with my purchase and upkeep.  No one tried to "sell me" on their product.  I went to the reputable dealers in the area, Jacuzzi, D1 and Sundance and wet tested their products. I decided on a Sundance Optima primarily because of the dealer's willingness to spend time with me explaining everything I wanted to know (and some) and he didn't push.  He then encouraged me to go to the other places and wet test their spas.  When all was said in done, he gave me a decent discount and several "extras".  The main thing was that I felt I could count on him for service if/when I needed it.   All of these points were brought out on this forum before I ever went shopping.  Because of the advice I got here, I knew what to look for in a dealer (not just a spa).   Yes price matters, but in the long run, it's the trust and service you get from your dealer that will leave the lasting impression and matter the most.  

Solo, apparently you are the forum's whipping boy and you obviously enjoy it or you wouldn't continue to show your a$$ everytime you post.

To everyone who has helped direct me (now and in the future) in the purchase and maintenance of my 07 Optima,  Thanks.

[size=18]That is an AWESOME post and really what getting a new spa is all about!![/size]

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 03:35:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42