What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Remote temperature display?  (Read 3846 times)

rubadubeh

Remote temperature display?
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:03:56 pm »
My tub is outside about 30 feet back from the house.  Is there a product that I can install in the tub that will display in the house what the water temperature is?   Are they cordless or hard wired and are they difficult to install?

TIA

Hot Tub Forum

Remote temperature display?
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:03:56 pm »

powernoodle

Re: Remote temperature display?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 12:16:48 pm »
Vita has a system called Spa Link.  Its wireless and controlled with a home computer.  You can opperate most functions on the spa, turn jets on and change temp.  Just not sure if its universal......
Vita Spa

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:31:44 pm »
Yes, there are such products. You can do a google search for some or check out Doc's site below.

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/Wireless-Thermometer.htm

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 03:49:44 pm »
My tub has an option called a spa Monitor. It's wireless and remote and has temp indication as well as temp control, jet control, and light control. A small option board plugs into the main processor and the remote has a range of at least 50ft.
Bullfrog 562

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:44:09 pm »
Gecko does make a system for that http://www.geckoalliance.com/aeware/produit.php?nom=watch but you would have to call them to find out if your pack is compatible.

tomsem

• 2010 Caldera Niagra
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 03:20:49 pm »
I wanted to see the temp on mine too as well as have an audible alert for low temp. I use a product similar to this

http://www.weatherconnect.com/product.asp?itmky=326031&cat=23

and was only about $20 from a home improvement store.  It came with a metal temp probe and I hose clamped it to the heater so the unit is inside the equipment cabinet. This way it is out of the elements and also warm.  The remote display is in my kitchen. It works great. It has a temp alarm on so you can set a min/max temp. The only downside is you have to remove the cabinet panel to replace the batteries. That is only once a year. Very easy to install and inexpensive.  Of course you can't control the spa like some of the hopped up ones.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:33:57 pm by tomsem »

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 12:23:13 am »
What kind of spa do you have?  If its a Hot Spring or Tiger River you can get their remote.

If not, go with what the others have said.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 12:23:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42