What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: High bromine levels  (Read 4162 times)

grouseblue

High bromine levels
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:29 am »
 :'( Hi everyone  I installed my first hot tub last week and it took me 3 days to get the water chemicals right. Thought I had cracked it at last and today I tested the water and the bromine level has gone through the roof. On the manufacturers instruction cd it told me to put 4 x 1ounce tablets on set up and because I did not have a floater I put them in the filter tray. Did I put too many in? Can anyone tell me if the level will lower by itself or is there something that I can do. Grateful for any feed back. Jim

Hot Tub Forum

High bromine levels
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:50:29 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: High bromine levels
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:09:22 am »
In a floater, you can fill it up with as many pucks as it can hold due to the design. It can be adjusted to show a certain number of pucks and have the water flow through that dialed in area and release a certain amount based on usage.

To lower your bromine, lift the cover and run the jets. Use the tub as eventually it will come down. No biggie and it won't hurt you.

Do not put bromine pucks in the filter area due to its low pH. Acidic water flowing directly into the pumps/heater is not a good idea.

Steve

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:12:29 am »
The level will lower itself over time and with use. The reason the level spiked is because of the errosion rate. When the tablets are in a floater the errosion rate is much lower than it is when they are exposed to the high water flow rate present in the filter tray. I never put more than 2-3 tabs in the floater with the dial set to ~2 for minimum exposure. This gives me approx 3-5 ppm with 400 gallons. Trail and error is what you need. Never drop raw tabs into the filter inlet area. If you read your owners manual it should warn against this.
Bullfrog 562

grouseblue

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:17:47 am »
 :)I like to thank you all for your quick replys and will follow your advice
regards Jim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:17:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42