What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price Tracker thread  (Read 8724 times)

2 8

Price Tracker thread
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »
I thought it would be nice to have a thread like this going
http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?s=e12265ed812d5b82f9f64d520efc6969&showtopic=5417&st=0&p=24294&#entry24294

in my search for a hot tub it has been very hard to determine what a fair price is for a specific tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Price Tracker thread
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345

2 8

Re: Price Tracker thread
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:28 am »
Thats the thread I just posted.  I was hoping for some prices from people on this forum unless its all the same people on that forum?

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:12:48 am »
2 8- I think Chad was just making it so that your thread was an active link that could be clicked on. ;)

Tyhee

2 8

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 12:40:11 pm »
gotchya.  

anyway, I'll start out the thread with pricing that I have gotten.

2007 Tiger River Sumatran with cover, cover lift, ozone, stairs - $5800 asking price.  Should be gotten for less.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:47:24 pm »
I think it's a great concept as long as people understand it. Spamaster made a great post about that.

Dealers have different business costs, overhead, buying habits, volume purchase discounts and so on. Many owners have no concept of gross profit or how to properly determine profit margins. By taking a given number into a dealer and assuming that all dealers can sell it at that price would be a mistake.

There's a quick sale and then there's after sale service. I believe there's value to having a dealer that's going to be around to service you even though it doesn't show on your invoice at the time...

I think there should a section at the top that consumers can link to to get this valuable information. There just needs to be a prelude to it outlining the aforementioned.

Steve
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 02:50:14 pm by Steve »

2 8

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:43:48 pm »
I think it's a great concept as long as people understand it. Spamaster made a great post about that.

Dealers have different business costs, overhead, buying habits, volume purchase discounts and so on. Many owners have no concept of gross profit or how to properly determine profit margins. By taking a given number into a dealer and assuming that all dealers can sell it at that price would be a mistake.

There's a quick sale and then there's after sale service. I believe there's value to having a dealer that's going to be around to service you even though it doesn't show on your invoice at the time...

I think there should a section at the top that consumers can link to to get this valuable information. There just needs to be a prelude to it outlining the aforementioned.

Steve

agreed.  This thread should just be about what people were quoted and what people pay.  I'm sure everyone agrees that prices vary throughout depending on service and area.   I Just want a thread where people can get a general idea.    Most dealers don't have any prices listed and kind of keep things secret.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:18:19 am »

Steve

Good point.  The Moderators here should list this outline at the top of the thread as a (type) of a disclaimer and then have the pions (us posters) add our information.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
And for some degree of accuracy, it should be defined by State or Province being that landed costs play a major factor in retail pricing.

I'm not sure if this is all "dueable" but it's an interesting concept...

Steve

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 07:20:21 pm »
5800 is less than what we sell it for.

What part of the country are you in?

2 8

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 11:46:29 am »
midwest, Iowa

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 03:24:58 pm »
Ha!  Me too!

Which part of Iowa?  I know most of the dealers in the state.

Micah

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 05:39:11 pm »
If this post is to be fair you need to add a few more items of info.
1. Was it a brand new unit, a floormodel, demo, last years model
2. Did it include extras or just the spa and cover?  ie. cover lifter, steps, stereo, remote,
(keep in mind that cover lifters can cost from $100 - $500 so you must say what brand and model)
3. Did it come with ozone...if so what size (ozone cost from $60.00 up to $1000.)
4. Did your delivery include drop off, set up, electrical hook up, backyard orientation, weekly service for the first month, ect ect.
5. Did your spa include waterfalls, lights that change colors(if so is it just a light under the water or more lights above the water as well) Stero if so did you up grad to a subwolfer ect ect
6. Please include the year make and model #  
I personaly tink this is a BAD idea.  But if you people must have a pissing conest to see who gotthe "BEST DEAL" then at least dont leave out the important info
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:40:29 pm by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

mantle7

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 05:55:32 pm »
If this post is to be fair you need to add a few more items of info.
1. Was it a brand new unit, a floormodel, demo, last years model
2. Did it include extras or just the spa and cover?  ie. cover lifter, steps, stereo, remote,
(keep in mind that cover lifters can cost from $100 - $500 so you must say what brand and model)
3. Did it come with ozone...if so what size (ozone cost from $60.00 up to $1000.)
4. Did your delivery include drop off, set up, electrical hook up, backyard orientation, weekly service for the first month, ect ect.
5. Did your spa include waterfalls, lights that change colors(if so is it just a light under the water or more lights above the water as well) Stero if so did you up grad to a subwolfer ect ect
6. Please include the year make and model #  
I personaly tink this is a BAD idea.  But if you people must have a pissing conest to see who gotthe "BEST DEAL" then at least dont leave out the important info

Why do people need to include theses things?
As i understand the title of the thread its just a price tracker for Spa's.
If people want to include them thats fine.  
And it doesn't seem like a pissing contest, it's just letting people know what type of deal they got which seems very useful to me as im sure others on this board.
Sorry if it puts some Dealers in a bad possession but its part of doing business.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:59 pm »

Why do people need to include theses things?

If you say you got an Optima for $9k and I say I got the same spa for $9500 from the same store who got the better deal? Sounds like I won out but:

-Maybe mine was also $9k until I added ozone and a lifter, sounds pretty equal.

-Maybe yours was a wet floor model but had ozone and a stereo; maybe better deal for you.

-Maybe I got a stereo added and you didn't; maybe I got the better deal.

...and we're not even getting into the difference between what a dealer sells a spa for in Wash DC versus what a dealer may sell the EXACT same spa for in Idaho.

If you want to come up with some comparison chart there are quite a few things you'd want to add into the matrix to be checked off if you really want usable data.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:59:36 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:54:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42