What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog??  (Read 13401 times)

goodearth

• HAPPY Bullfrog owner
Bullfrog??
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:49:04 am »
We're going to wet test a 682 today does anyone have any thoughts on Bullfrog spas? The other brand we are looking at is Hot Springs THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog??
« on: September 22, 2007, 06:49:04 am »

NROBY

Re: Bullfrog??
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 07:21:18 am »
I recently purchased a Bullfrog 562 after considering several other brands, including Hot Springs.  The deciding factors were:

•      Overall quality of motors, electronics and components
•      Comfort
•      Customizable jets with the vast array of JetPak options
•      ABS platform with synthetic materials used for framing (I don’t like the idea of wood being exposed to moisture)
•      Design/layout of seating
•      Dealer
•      Corporate responsiveness (I e-mailed technical questions to several companies to evaluate their responsiveness to
       consumers.  Some companies never responded, but Bullfrog was exceptionally expedient and thorough in their  
       responses.)
•      In my opinion, the positive attributes of Bullfrog outweighed the distance of the closest dealer – 100 miles

Good Luck.

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 08:32:43 am »
We're going to wet test a 682 today does anyone have any thoughts on Bullfrog spas? The other brand we are looking at is Hot Springs THANKS

See if you can try the "neckblaster" on the bull frog. The hot springs is a great hot tub. Tell us how you like the dx motto massage.

Thanks John 104 degrees

solo

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:55:26 am »
My Hotsprings dealer really didn't care for Bullfrog.  He referenced foul water acumulating behind the seats.  He mentioned all the unions with rubber gaskerts will eventaully leak.  He pretty much trashed them.

But I like them.  It will probably be the next spa I make an offer on.  But I still need to look at Caldera and Jacuzzi.  

104 degrees

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:02:00 am »

But I like them.  It will probably be the next spa I make an offer on.  But I still need to look at Caldera and Jacuzzi.  [/quote]

Solo
Let me know how you liked the neck jets on the caldera. also jacuzzi has a new jet, i forget what they are calling it"xr" i think???

Let me know how you liked that one.

Good hunting

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 11:32:48 am »
I
•      Design/layout of seating

This is always something I've wondered about...don't all of the seats have to be the same dimension in order for the JetPaks to be interchangeable?

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

In Canada eh

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:49:20 am »
goodearth,

We have had our Bullfrog 451 for a little over a year now and we are very happy, no problems with the tub. NROBY is correct if you ever  have a question they respond very quickly.

Term,

Yes, all the jetpacks are the same width, however they are plenty wide.  I'm 6'2", 195lbs. and they fit just fine.  The jet placement varies for one jetpack to another
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 11:51:20 am »
My Hotsprings dealer really didn't care for Bullfrog.  He referenced foul water acumulating behind the seats.

This is a fallacy kept alive by competing salespeople.  I a little over a year of ownership I have never experienced any problems behind the jetpacks
Bullfrog 451

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 11:54:13 am »

My Hotsprings dealer really didn't care for Bullfrog.

No sh!t?
Those items have been addressed ad-nauseam. That dealer is either ignorant or a liar or more likely both. But you already knew that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 11:55:47 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 11:56:24 am »
Term,

Yes, all the jetpacks are the same width, however they are plenty wide.  I'm 6'2", 195lbs. and they fit just fine.  The jet placement varies for one jetpack to another

I have customers that are anywhere from 6'8" to 2'5" and one thing most folks seem to like is having a variety of seating configurations (heighth, width).  Wouldn't the uniformity of the seating in the Bullfrog present somewhat of a problem for these varying sizes?

Terminator

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 11:57:50 am »

This is always something I've wondered about...don't all of the seats have to be the same dimension in order for the JetPaks to be interchangeable?

Term

The seat backs that the jetpacks go into are identical, but the seat bottom heights and angles differ widely.
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 12:00:01 pm »
That dealer is either ignorant or a liar or more likely both. But you already knew that.

True, he should not perform his presentation in that manner.  The Bullfrog dealer should also be taken to task for his shady reply regarding the matter of sales tax collection.  THAT is something that could get solo into serious legal trouble.

Some folks just shouldn't be in this industry. :-/

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 12:01:16 pm »

The seat backs that the jetpacks go into are identical, but the seat bottom heights and angles differ widely.

Aha!  That's sensible! :D

Thanks!

Terjinmator

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 12:03:06 pm »

I have customers that are anywhere from 6'8" to 2'5" and one thing most folks seem to like is having a variety of seating configurations (heighth, width).  Wouldn't the uniformity of the seating in the Bullfrog present somewhat of a problem for these varying sizes?

Terminator

Term,

The seating is not uniform just the jetpack "plate"(for lack of a better word) placement of the jets varies in height and width from one jetpack to another.  The corner and lounge seats are deeper then the side seats.

Now about your 2'5" customers :-?
Bullfrog 451

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »
Term,

Now about your 2'5" customers :-?

It is truly a tale of woe.  I have only told it once before, but as I am never one to withhold information from the fine folks on this forum, I will share this story with you.  I only hope that it will not be too much for you to bear.

Once upon a beautiful fall morning, much as this very one and not too long ago, I was busily resting on my laurels in the back office when the titillating door chime sounded in the showroom announcing a visitor.  Naturally, I began salivating like Pavlov's dog at the mere thought of lining my pocket with ill-gotten booty.

As is my custom, I briefly hesitated before entering the showroom in order not to frighten my quarry into an expedient retreat from my lair.  After approximately 30 seconds, I wiped the froth from my lips, put on my pants, and strode confidently and expectantly into the arena.

No one was there.  Very, very strange.

As I turned dejectedly to resume my inactivity, a gruff voice emanated from the front of my establishment.

"Is innybody here?!" the voice rumbled.

"Um, yes sir...where are you?" I queried.

"Down here, young feller, lookin' at this wangdoozler jacoozi."

As I walked trepidly past the large Vanguard in the middle of the store, I hesitantly gazed around it's beatifully arched corner to behold a sight that chilled me to the boner.

Down on the floor, fervently running his hand over the taupe exterior of a Solana TX, was a 60 year old gentleman.  The unfortunate soul was equipped with no appendages below his waist.  In fact, the only visible appendages were his head and one long, muscular arm which was gripping the edge of the shell with an eager clinch as if he were holding onto a precarious precipice over some unfathomable depth.

"Well, don't stand there like a ninny...gimme a boost so's I can see inside!" he chided.

"Yes sir!" I says whilst lifting up his surprisingly hefty girth.

"Say now, that there is a fine and dandy lookin' tub.  It'd be perfect fer my bedroom.  Lemme down now, son" he instructed.  "How much dis cost?"

"$3795 with cover, delivery, set up, and chemicals," I proudly exclaimed.

Then, I beheld a sight that can only be described as a joyful pirouette of the infirmed and insane.  He began loudly whooping and traversing in a circular pivot on his good arm while flapping his withered "flipper" which slightly protruded from his right shoulder.  He managed about 4 360 degree spins before slowing down and shouting "Hot damn, write me up!"

"Yes sir!  We can deliver it tomorrow if you'd like?"

He liked, we did, and I've never seen him again.

True story, every bit, except for me drooling.

Terminator

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:30:36 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 12:28:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42