What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So which one of my dealers is lying to me?  (Read 27438 times)

solo

Re: So which one of my dealers is lying to me?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 01:57:06 pm »
My jacuzzi dealer sold her floor model to someone that was in a hurry.  So I am waiting for het to get another tub hooked up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 01:57:06 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2007, 02:17:04 pm »
Term/Dan dont you guys know the HS dealer in VA, call them and see if some idiot is coming in and yanking there chain??   Probably small in size, jet black hair combed over the top, a pocket protector and kind of skiddish and never looks them in the eye.  May have elderly woman with him.

If it's Mahoney and his guys, they are more than capable of handling the situation.

I think solo's just trying to find the best deal, I don't begrudge him that one bit.

Selling spas is not the most stressful line of work.  I would do my best to accomodate solo if he came in my store, but he would've gotten my best offer straight off the bat and been told the following by me:

1.  That the individual jets in the Sovereign have the same pressure and feel as the Vista.  However, the Vista has more jets and larger pumps.  The Soothing Seven, Rotary, Hydromassage, JetStream Jets, etc will feel the same across the board, and that is fact.

2.  The Sovereign HP and the Sovereign Classic are pretty much the same except for:
Styling, Ozonator, SS Escutcheons, Water Feature, Pump Size, Color Options and price and that is fact.

3.  The MotoMassage DX is not the same as the MotoMassage with a Hydropulse faceplate.  They are different.

I'm sure I could've saved him a lot of time, effort, and aggravation and he would probably be enjoying his spa, but he ain't in Texas so it is out of my hands.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2007, 02:39:44 pm »
Even with the hard time I get in this forum, I think I'm addicted!

Buillfrog Spa?  Man, I am so torn.  It was the best massage I got from any spa on my lower back.

But I have read the following:

1.  Gunk builds up behiond the jet packs requiring a lot of maintenance time

2.  The water pipe running around the top of the spa gives poor insullation for the water and hence higher heating costs.

3.  All the unions at the jet packs can be troublesome

4.  Another dealer told me that they are innovative spas but use old technology

I don't know if any of the above is true.  I like the spa and the dealer.  Hard to know for certain anything else.  

1. NO "gunk" builds up behind the jet packs. That issue was addressed years ago, that is a fallicy.

2. The water piping that runs around the top perimeter is encased in insulation.

3. The unions all have replaceable rubber o-rings and are only hand tightened. In addition, they're simply not used touched that often. Not an issue.

4. Old technology?? They use the very same Balboa electronics as 90% of the high end spas made use. More untruths.

Is it the best spa made? No. But I've had mine for 16 months without a single issue at all. Any dealer that talks another spa down in order to make their brand sound superior is a loser, and in my opinion should be avoided.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:44:05 pm by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2007, 04:31:43 pm »
Hot Spring, Caldera, Sundance and Jacuzzi do not use Balboa Controls.  Those for brands certainly account for more than 10% of the high end market.

Another fact bites the dust. :(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2007, 04:38:03 pm »
If what you say is true than I stand corrected, though you simply saying it hardly makes it true. Their website says that they are the largest OEM manufacturer of spa controls and heaters. Saying the technology is old is just ignorant.
Bullfrog 562

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2007, 05:11:18 pm »
If what you say is true than I stand corrected, though you simply saying it hardly makes it true. Their website says that they are the largest OEM manufacturer of spa controls and heaters. Saying the technology is old is just ignorant.

McDonalds is the largest hamburger manufacturer. Saying that means they make a good hamburger is just ignorant.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2007, 05:21:23 pm »
Touche!
What the heck are McRiblets anyways???
Bullfrog 562

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2007, 06:29:47 pm »
Touche!
What the heck are McRiblets anyways???

Processed pig innerds.  I've got a whole box of Tony Roma pig innerd samwiches in my fridge.

I try to eat at least one every day for cholesterol balance.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:10 pm »

If it's Mahoney and his guys, they are more than capable of handling the situation.

Terminator

Joe Mahoney is my dealer, but he is here in Rockville & Clarksburg, Md and Fairfax Va.
Does he also have a store in Richmond?

BTW, Joe and his crew are a good bunch.  
I hope they are not involved in the grizzly carnage that has become "Solo's Spa Search"   :D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:21 pm »
Mahoney and crew??  So if you dont pay for the spa in time does he send Rocky out to take care of it??  :o  :)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2007, 07:41:53 pm »
Joe is in the DC area, not Richmond.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

In Canada eh

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2007, 08:03:05 pm »

1. NO "gunk" builds up behind the jet packs. That issue was addressed years ago, that is a fallicy.

2. The water piping that runs around the top perimeter is encased in insulation.

3. The unions all have replaceable rubber o-rings and are only hand tightened. In addition, they're simply not used touched that often. Not an issue.

4. Old technology?? They use the very same Balboa electronics as 90% of the high end spas made use. More untruths.

Is it the best spa made? No. But I've had mine for 16 months without a single issue at all. Any dealer that talks another spa down in order to make their brand sound superior is a loser, and in my opinion should be avoided.

Hey R.O.

Thanks for answering this one,  It really does get repetative after a while :P
Bullfrog 451

mark 2550

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2007, 11:01:19 pm »
Solo,  i probally shouldn't reply to your threads but if your looking for some type of magic to cure your physical pains a hot tub might be the answers your looking for , yes it will alleviate some of your pain for the moment but it's not magic find one that you can live with and give you the best comfort zone and all will be well.

Seahawk

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2007, 11:49:08 am »
Thanks guy for all the kind words about Joe Mahoney and his crew!  I've been working for Joe for alittle over 3 years.  His operation is top notch!  We do sell spas around the DC metro area but do not travel as far down as Richmond!  We have a no haggle policy, so dealing with Solo wouldn't happen.   And Jim,  when customers do not pay, we don't send Rocky, we send Seahawk, all 6'4" and 350lbs of myself.  People for some reason tend to pay up when I Show up! :)

Tom

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2007, 03:56:36 pm »
Their website says that they are the largest OEM manufacturer of spa controls and heaters.
Well, I guess if they say it on their website, it must be true.   8-)

They use the very same Balboa electronics as 90% of the high end spas made use.

Huh? We use Gecko and Global Components, last I checked, and we do like to think of ourselves as high-end.  Guess we're in that 10% slot, squished in with the rest.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:02:28 pm by Graybeard »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2007, 03:56:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42