What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: So which one of my dealers is lying to me?  (Read 27436 times)

solo

Re: So which one of my dealers is lying to me?
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 08:50:30 am »
Solo, just throwing this out there...one former member of the forum purchased a tub hoping it would help with her very bad fibromylagia. Unfortunately, she ended up closing up the tub (not sure if she still even has it). Apparently it didn't provide the help for her situation that she had hoped.

I attended an arthritis seminar in the spring. The best recommendation that they gave was warm water exercise..so be sure if you are going to spend all this money, that you have enough room to move around and exercise. While the therapy feels wonderful, your over-all condition would best benefit from a good exercise program in warm water.

Just a thought....

Thank you.  Yes, I already do exercise in a heated pool at the gym.  And it is an excellent suggestion.  The spa is prescribed by my doc for release of various trugger points.  I can tell that the spa defitinetly releases the one in my lower back and I sleep better after a good soak.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 08:50:30 am »

solo

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 10:20:28 am »
I called the Virginia Department of Taxation to get their stance on the issue.  They referred me to a specific ruling.  PD 03-30 in the VA Tax Library.

Every spa sold in VA must have sales tax, with or without a prescription.  

Thought everyone might be interested to know what the state says.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:24 am »
I called the Virginia Department of Taxation to get their stance on the issue.  They referred me to a specific ruling.  PD 03-30 in the VA Tax Library.

Oh no!  Now the Bullfrog dealer, who you like, turns out to be a major liar! ;)

Now what???
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 10:31:31 am »
The plot sickens.....
Bullfrog 562

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 10:51:46 am »

How do you know the Virginia Department of Taxation isn't lying to get you to pay taxes when you don't need to?

They are "the man" after all, you can't trust them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:56:05 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

solo

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 11:03:32 am »

Oh no!  Now the Bullfrog dealer, who you like, turns out to be a major liar! ;)

Now what???

Liking or trusting my dealer is not a prerequisite.  

But I did email the ruling to the Bullfrog rep.  I would hate for him to get audited and get nailed.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 11:22:11 am »
It does sound like the dealer is inflating his prices to cover the sales tax or else is involved in some kind of fraudulent activity...neither of which is good.

I would run away as fast as I could.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:13 pm »
It does sound like the dealer is inflating his prices to cover the sales tax or else is involved in some kind of fraudulent activity...neither of which is good.

I would run away as fast as I could.

Terminator

wow, big jump, fraudulent acitvity?

Run as fast as you can, to where, hotsprings? :D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 12:46:12 pm »

wow, big jump, fraudulent acitvity?

Run as fast as you can, to where, hotsprings? :D

To Katmandu for all I care.

IF solo is reporting factually and
IF the dealer is telling him that he doesn't have to pay sales tax with a prescription and
IF the State of Virginia says that the dealer must collect sales tax
THEN it sounds like either fraud or deceit in my book.  OR, the dealer is inept, which would still be grounds to seek out a more reputable organization, whomsoever that might be.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 12:55:49 pm »
Term/Dan dont you guys know the HS dealer in VA, call them and see if some idiot is coming in and yanking there chain??   Probably small in size, jet black hair combed over the top, a pocket protector and kind of skiddish and never looks them in the eye.  May have elderly woman with him.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2007, 12:56:51 pm »
1.  I do have a "malady" as you would say.  It is Ehler's Danlos Syndrome, a rare genetic connective tissue disroder and it is very painful.  Google it if you care to learn what I am going through.

2.  I do have a prescription from a medical doctor for the tub.

So I wouldn't quite classify myself as someone trying to abuse the system.  I didn't even know that I could save the taxes with my prescription until my Bullfrog rep told me.  

Solo - Sorry for the acquisitions.  As you can tell, we've seen any number of yo-yo's coming on here trying to save money by any way possible and your initial posts made it appear that the "tax evasion" question was simply the next iteration of that pursuit.  In your case, this "tax evasion" method would be legit.

BTW - I am having problems accessing the Private Messaging system from the location I am at this week so here are the details on what I paid for my unit 4 years ago as well as my recommendations for comparison pricing on your current efforts.

The J-365's being bought by others range "up to" $8,500 but I did see a number of people getting them in the low $7K's (around $7,200 seems to be the current lowest price).  I am not certain if that is with  or without a stereo or not (I suspect it's not).  Three guys in this forum bought J-365's and I think two of them were under $7,500.  The jacuzzi products changed a little bit over the past 4 years.  My J-370 is 480 gallons and has a lounger so it's pretty much what you said you were originally looking for.  Mine was $6,500 and it INCLUDED the built in Stereo.  At the time, I had the best price of anyone I could find on the internet.  The J-360 (at the time) was $500 cheaper so $6,000 would have been the price at that time for that unit.

I also had exclusive Bullfrog costing from that period and can tell you that at the time, I would have made a LOT of money selling Bullfrog and if I were to re-consider opening up a business, they would be either first or second on my list of choices.  The one thing is that "some" Bullfrog dealers are VERY greedy and don't discount much.  In order to "get leverage" on those dealers, you need to let them know that they would HAVE to compete on PRICE as well as features.  They have the room to come down.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:10:34 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

solo

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 01:23:15 pm »
Even with the hard time I get in this forum, I think I'm addicted!

Buillfrog Spa?  Man, I am so torn.  It was the best massage I got from any spa on my lower back.

But I have read the following:

1.  Gunk builds up behiond the jet packs requiring a lot of maintenance time

2.  The water pipe running around the top of the spa gives poor insullation for the water and hence higher heating costs.

3.  All the unions at the jet packs can be troublesome

4.  Another dealer told me that they are innovative spas but use old technology

I don't know if any of the above is true.  I like the spa and the dealer.  Hard to know for certain anything else.  

txwillie

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 01:26:43 pm »
Term/Dan dont you guys know the HS dealer in VA, call them and see if some idiot is coming in and yanking there chain??   Probably small in size, jet black hair combed over the top, a pocket protector and kind of skiddish and never looks them in the eye.  May have elderly woman with him.
all I can see is Napoleon Dynamite's brother Kip
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:31:11 pm by txwillie »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2007, 01:39:01 pm »
all I can see is Napoleon Dynamite's brother Kip

LOL ;D ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:03 pm »
Even with the hard time I get in this forum, I think I'm addicted!

Buillfrog Spa?  Man, I am so torn.  It was the best massage I got from any spa on my lower back.

But I have read the following:

1.  Gunk builds up behiond the jet packs requiring a lot of maintenance time

2.  The water pipe running around the top of the spa gives poor insullation for the water and hence higher heating costs.

3.  All the unions at the jet packs can be troublesome

4.  Another dealer told me that they are innovative spas but use old technology

I don't know if any of the above is true.  I like the spa and the dealer.  Hard to know for certain anything else.  

Have you even tried the Jacuzzi yet??  J-345, J-355

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42