What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno  (Read 26565 times)

solo

Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite eno
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 08:40:58 am »

2.  They didn't carry all the jet packs I wanted to test.  If jet packs are one of your big selling features, my thought is that you dshould at least have one of each type in every store.  

This is true. i would take them off my list for now. Caldera has a "no splash" neck jets in there tub. You should try that one and let us know how you liked it.

BTW do you know the name of the jetpack you liked in the bullfrog??

I understand what you are saying about removing dealers from my list when they do certain things.  So far people have told me to remove the Sundance Rep (for asking for a deposit to fill the tub), the Hotsprings rep (for telling me that a Vista would feel the same as a sovereign) and now the Bullfrog rep (for not having all jetpacks).  If I do that, I will soon have nobody to purchase a spa from.  Those are 3 of the 5 dealers I have been able to find in my area!  So when I told you that "I need to put up with a certain amount of BS from the delaer", it is because we just don't have many dealers in this area.  My options are limited in Richmond, VA.

Back to your question about the Bullfrog Jetpack I liked.  It's called the Oscillator and it comes with 4 "verta'ssage" jets.  It felt every bit as good if not better than single moto to me.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2007, 08:40:58 am »

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2007, 09:13:41 am »

What about Artesian or D1 - are those dealers somewhat near you?  I would check them out as well.

104 degrees

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2007, 09:15:17 am »

I said remove them for "now" not forever. this is a valid reason to not look there for now. you need to try all the jetpaks to see the ones you like best. this is one of there selling points.customizing the spa :)

Maybe the other dealer feels the spas are the same??? who knows.it could of been that you told them you could not afford the better spa????they tried to make you feel better about the less expensive one.

For the deposit. was it refundable??????? if so what was wrong with doing it "if" you are serious??????

wedag

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2007, 09:17:35 am »
That was his sale price and after reading this forum I knew it was a good deal so I did'ent have to BS with him.

hottubbin

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2007, 09:24:31 am »
You may want to test soak the Caldera Paradise Martinique, more pump and comfort backed by Watkins.  A great choice in your price range.  Better warranty and comfort than Sundance too.

solo

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 09:58:58 am »
104 degrees...the Sundance dealer didn't require a depost for the Wet test...I was trying to briefly recap what had been covered in a previous thread.

I asked her for a wet test of the Hamiton (700 series).  She said that she didn't have one wet.  So I sat in what she did have wet just to get an approximation of what Sundance's middle of the road has ot offer.  I left the showroon.

When I spoke tpo her a few days later, she was able to get the Hamilton under $7000.  I again told her that I would need to wet test and asked her if she would fill it up.  She explained how they don't just fill up tubs for anyone.  It reuires draining anotuer tub, bringing in the personnel to wire it up and set it up, etc.  That she would only fil it up if I was serious about buying it.  I said I was very interested.  She then told me that she would fill it up if I would be willing to put down a deposit on the tub if the wet test went well.  I agreed.  In fact, I made her an offer ont he phone.  Told her that if she could seel it o me for $6500 cash deal, I would buy it when I wet tested.  She didn't agree to the deal, but did agree to the test.  

So the tub is filled today and waiting for me to test.  Thing is, I have seen the err in my ways since then and have changed my strategy.  I am now wet testing everything from everyone.  So she stands almost no chance of making the sale today as I want to test a jacuzzi and a calderra.

I feel bad as when she and I made the deal, I was serious about buying from her.  Now I feel differently.

Oh well, ultimately that is her cost of doing business.    

txwillie

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 10:41:47 am »
104 degrees...the Sundance dealer didn't require a depost for the Wet test...I was trying to briefly recap what had been covered in a previous thread.

I asked her for a wet test of the Hamiton (700 series).  She said that she didn't have one wet.  So I sat in what she did have wet just to get an approximation of what Sundance's middle of the road has ot offer.  I left the showroon.

When I spoke tpo her a few days later, she was able to get the Hamilton under $7000.  I again told her that I would need to wet test and asked her if she would fill it up.  She explained how they don't just fill up tubs for anyone.  It reuires draining anotuer tub, bringing in the personnel to wire it up and set it up, etc.  That she would only fil it up if I was serious about buying it.  I said I was very interested.  She then told me that she would fill it up if I would be willing to put down a deposit on the tub if the wet test went well.  I agreed.  In fact, I made her an offer ont he phone.  Told her that if she could seel it o me for $6500 cash deal, I would buy it when I wet tested.  She didn't agree to the deal, but did agree to the test.  

So the tub is filled today and waiting for me to test.  Thing is, I have seen the err in my ways since then and have changed my strategy.  I am now wet testing everything from everyone.  So she stands almost no chance of making the sale today as I want to test a jacuzzi and a calderra.

I feel bad as when she and I made the deal, I was serious about buying from her.  Now I feel differently.

So even if you like the spa and the price is right and the dealer bent over backwards to accomodate you, you won't buy it.  Wonderful.

cxturboboost

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 11:34:19 am »
This guy is the reason that good buyers have to hassle with salesmen.  Where is the moderator.  Someone should ban this guy.  He is giving all spa perspective buyers and sellers a bad taste in their mouth. He is trying to use this forum, and everyone in it.  His posts have become absolutely ridiculous.  Even after they bend over backward for the guy, he doesn't buy.  Someone please, for the integrity of the board, shut this guy off......

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 11:39:11 am »

So even if you like the spa and the price is right and the dealer bent over backwards to accomodate you, you won't buy it.  Wonderful.

This just dawned on you??
Bullfrog 562

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 11:54:49 am »
Actually, I am sure Solo is going to buy.

He is simply making this a difficult process for himself and many dealers.  He is looking for someone to buy from asa much as for something to buy.

He has a case of what we call buyer's constipation.

Solo...make a decision.  The sooner you are in hot water the sooner you will feel better.  I know you don't trust salespeople and you want the best deal, but isn't the spa more important than the deal?

By the way, what was the 1st Hot Spring you wet tested?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:56:24 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:14 pm »

She's done her job, she's got you wet testing. When a salesperson can get the customer in the spa with water they stand a very good chance of getting the sale. I'm betting that you wet test and agree to the sale.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 12:27:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Wet test:  Hotsprings Sovereign not quite
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 12:44:56 pm »

She's done her job, she's got you wet testing. When a salesperson can get the customer in the spa with water they stand a very good chance of getting the sale. I'm betting that you wet test and agree to the sale.

She is using the wet test to close the deal and make the sale not a bad idea but,if I were buying a spa and wanted to wet test a specific spa but have to commit to buying it?  I like many have said would not fly for me.   If solo had been smarter about it he wouldnt have said he would buy if she filled it for him and now feels bad he has to back out.  Not saying she may still get the sale??

I could tell from his first few post this was going to drag on.  ::)   Buyers constipation to a tee!!

Least he is out trying different brands now,this should get even more interesting.   :'(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 12:47:26 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 12:58:17 pm »
Better warranty and comfort than Sundance too.

Can you elaborate on this statement?

solo

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »
This guy is the reason that good buyers have to hassle with salesmen.  Where is the moderator.  Someone should ban this guy.  He is giving all spa perspective buyers and sellers a bad taste in their mouth. He is trying to use this forum, and everyone in it.  His posts have become absolutely ridiculous.  Even after they bend over backward for the guy, he doesn't buy.  Someone please, for the integrity of the board, shut this guy off......

This may be the funniest post I have ever read in this forum.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 04:58:25 pm »

This may be the funniest post I have ever read in this forum.

You have a point. Though your posts have been all over the place and your approach a bit reprehensible at times why should you be banned? In fact this forum has done well to redirect some of your tactics and has served its purpose well. The site isn't here to help people connect and sing "Cumbyya" but rather to share information.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 04:58:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42