What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with my new HS Spa audio II  (Read 2791 times)

michael_wobbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Problems with my new HS Spa audio II
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:56:19 pm »
I just got Spa audio ll build in my HS vista.
But I have 3 problems :

One of the inside speakers sound like it is broken.  ?

In some of the seats (near the waterfall) the iq 2020 remote control dosen`t work. ?

When I am listning to CD I can`t go from one track to the next song with the remote control. ?

The dealer will come and look at it in 14 days but I would be glad if someone could give me some advice.

Besides these problems I must say that the sound in the spa audio ll is fantistic and I look forward to get it fixed.

Michael.

Hot Tub Forum

Problems with my new HS Spa audio II
« on: September 12, 2007, 05:56:19 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Problems with my new HS Spa audio II
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 06:12:33 pm »
Sorry cant help you.  :-/     But 14 days for a service call?  :o

We are never out more than 2 or 3 days max with 1 tech, unless we have to order a special part after making the call.

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36:53 pm »
The transducer may not be screwed in tight enough, which would cause it to sound like crap.  Not sure what is going on with the rest of it.  14 days for service is totally not acceptable.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:40:31 pm »
Hey Michael -
Congrats on the new spa.  And your gonna love the SpAudio II once you get the hang of it.

I can't address the transducer issue.  Maybe they just forgot to tighten it down when they installed the speaker.  Hopefully, your dealer will take care of this.  

Regarding the remote, I found that there were certain areas which blocked the Radio Frequency (RF) remote.  RF is not as sensitive as the Infrared systems (IF).  I found that initial problems I had were also caused by the fact that the tech had not installed the receiver (in the equipment bay) high enough up in the bay to get the best reception.  Might want to check on that.

Changing tracks on the CD is very cumbersome and I have b*tched about this on this board before.  (Personally, I think the designer of this remote system should have all the remotes in his life set up the same way)  To change tracks on the CD, use the Mode button on the remote to select MUSIC.  Once there, hit the + on the remote.  It should say Amp.  Then hit the Mode button again and it should read CD.  Then press the + button and TRAC will appear.  Then use the + and - button to change tracks.  

The problem is that this seems to be the only way to get to this function.  And once there, it will 'time out' after a few seconds so you have to go through it again to move to the next track.  (IF ANYONE KNOWS AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS, PLEASE POST IT!!)

I have been looking at the remote for the Sony deck which is available from Crutchfield, but you would need some kind of a repeater that would allow you to control the deck from a non-line-of-site location.  Plus, since the remote is not waterproof, I think you would also need a good supply of ziplock bags to keep it in.  I haven't come up with a better solution, but am still looking.

Good luck and enjoy that Vista!
(And make sure you get the external speakers hooked up because it really adds to the sound!)

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

michael_wobbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:55:20 pm »
Thanks.

Your proposal about the transducer could be right because it realy sounds like crap.

I also mean that 14 days is too much, so Iwill call the dealer in the morning and ask him to be here within one week.

But I still wonder what the reason with the 2 other problems might be.  ???

Do you think it will help moving the transmitter ( in the room with the pumps) to the remote control.??

michael_wobbe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »
THanks RICHs 100.

I will try your advice, I will let you know if it works.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42