What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning the water with Silver Ions?  (Read 2866 times)

solo

Cleaning the water with Silver Ions?
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:33:12 am »
I used ot own a pool.  So staying on top of water chemistry is nothing new to me.  The best system I found to keep my pool clean was the Nature II System.  It emitted copper and silver ions to keep the water clean.  All that I needed to do was to keep a trace amount of of chlroine in the pool.

I found that using this system, I used less chemicals, the water needed fewer adjustments, and I didn't smell like chlorine when I got out of the pool.

I have seen that Nature II makes a SPA line of filter as well.  I am curious how many people reccomend it.  

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning the water with Silver Ions?
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:33:12 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Cleaning the water with Silver Ions?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:42:30 am »
I think most people on this site use some variation.  Hot Spring calls it AG+.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 09:46:59 am »
I used ot own a pool.  So staying on top of water chemistry is nothing new to me.  The best system I found to keep my pool clean was the Nature II System.  It emitted copper and silver ions to keep the water clean.  All that I needed to do was to keep a trace amount of of chlroine in the pool.

I found that using this system, I used less chemicals, the water needed fewer adjustments, and I didn't smell like chlorine when I got out of the pool.

I have seen that Nature II makes a SPA line of filter as well.  I am curious how many people reccomend it.  

I'm new to it. i think it works best if your jets are on better then when the tub is off.

I could be wrong. we shall see.

John

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:27:20 pm »
They work great with circ pump systems!!   DOH!!   Did I say a bad word.  8-)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:14:27 pm »
The thing to remember with this system is that it is a secondary sanitizer and not a primary.

People can and do run their spas without Nature 2, Frog and ozone but all tubs need a primary sanitizer.

I personally have tried the Frog in my tub and yes it does work to some extent but if I didn't use a normal dose of chlorine after 3 days the tub got cloudy. (BTW a clear tub is not an indicator that it's safe to be in). Normally I can go 2 days before it goes cloudy. Same with Ozone.

There are some people here that are very happy with the Nature 2 system and even use chlorine once in a while but it is much safer IMO to use chlorine regularly instead of MPS.

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 02:36:45 am »
I have found in my Hot Spring that by using the Ag+ in concert with ozone and dichlor will keep your spa very clean.

I have to travel quite a bit.  I may go for a couple of weeks without seeing the inside of my spa.  As long as I'm running with the silver and ozone, I'll come back to a crystal clear spa.  I just make sure I boost the dichlor after I use it and then once every week or two to boost it.

Can't wait to hear what spa you buy.  Be careful to not over analyze this purchase.  It's good to research, but if you start doing too much, you may get too much information and get the ol' analysis paralysis.  Have fun with this.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

solo

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:18:30 am »
I have found in my Hot Spring that by using the Ag+ in concert with ozone and dichlor will keep your spa very clean.

I have to travel quite a bit.  I may go for a couple of weeks without seeing the inside of my spa.  As long as I'm running with the silver and ozone, I'll come back to a crystal clear spa.  I just make sure I boost the dichlor after I use it and then once every week or two to boost it.

Can't wait to hear what spa you buy.  Be careful to not over analyze this purchase.  It's good to research, but if you start doing too much, you may get too much information and get the ol' analysis paralysis.  Have fun with this.

I really like the Sundance and the Hotsprings.  It may come down to which dealer gives me a better deal.  I also like both of those dealers.  I spoke to a Caldera rep yesterday but got a bad vibe from him.  

I think I am simply going to go wet test a Vita and decide between the Hotsprings, Vita, and Sundance.  Price and satisfaction with the dealer/sales rep will be my guides as really, I seem to like themn all.

On a different note, I have ruled out Bullfrog not only because of the price, but also because it seems gimmicky.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:18:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42