What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too Old?  (Read 6977 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Too Old?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:52 pm »
We are suited up now and plan to wet test several tubs this afternoon. We are particularly interested in an Artesian tub 2006 Dove Canyon I think. Does anyone have any information on these tubs? For example you have one, you love it and here is why. Or... perhaps you hate it and here is why. This tub looks interesting as it is a floor model has the usual with it and is listed at 10k. Thoughts? Thanks for any and all input.
You went from a $1800 spa to $10,000 one. Did you hit the lottery?  ;D

Seriously though, I did wet test this spa and really liked it's lounge and feel of the jets. It was out of my price range but I didn't tell them that. I can't remember exactly how much they quoted me but it was definetly in the 9-10K range. Way over my budget but it was the only tub they had filled and I wanted to get an idea of what Artesian spas were all about. I was very impressed. I've said this before and I'll say it again, if money were no option I'd probably be in a Piper Glen right now. It's basically the same tub but w/o a lounge. Their DIRECTFLOW system was what made this tub my favorite.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:00:23 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 04:33:52 pm »

Patton

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 05:46:48 pm »
The Lottery, WoW, wouldn't that be great. Ok, the reason that we went from 1,900 to 10k is that we saw the 1,900 one and it was... well, of museum quality, in a bad way. Additionally, I am taking the advice I am picking up here from people who know alot more about this than I do. So... we went looking at what things we liked or wanted and the different prices and it looks like to get solid quality the price is high. Although based on one of the posts above I do wish that I was in SoCal and could take advantage of the Jacuzzi.

We wet tested the Antiqua and the Dove Canyon. A 2007 Antiqua could be ours for 8200 and the 2006 Dove Canyon is 10k. We took the whole family. Me, my wife, and two small boys (7 and 5) for the testing. My wife is petite, 5' and 108, and at first the lounger was blowing her out of the seat on the Antiqua. After some adjustment she liked it quite a bit. I went in with kind of a predisposition of disliking a lounger but, after sitting in both loungers I decided that I liked them. I especially think they will be nice after I ride my road bike several miles and my calves are very unhappy. I don't know all the technical language, but both the wife and I preferred the Dove Canyon as the overall massage therapy was nicer. We especially liked the back massage provided in one of the corner positions of the Dove Canyon over the Antiqua. Additionally the Dove Canyon has the ability to turn on and off each pump and as we are busy and would sometimes use the tub independently this seems to be an efficient use of energy.

The 2006 Dove Canyon includes:

Delivery and Setup
Cover w/lifter
Stairs
LED Lights
Initial Chems
Ozone
Microban Shell
Stainless Steel (around jets)

No Radio (I don't need one)

Good Deal? Bad Deal? Things I should ask or talk about? :-?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 06:09:46 pm »
10K for the Dove Canyon is a good price I think. Wow, in 2004 I purchased a 2005 Grand Cayman which is bigger than the Antiqua for about $6700 - boy have prices gone up!

They are from a different series, the Antiqua is from the Island and the Dove Canyon is from the Platinum. The Platinum uses larger jets than the Island.

There can be pros and cons to having 6 pumps in the spa, I guess energy efficiency might be a pro but don't let it be a selling point. The ONLY things that matter are 1) can you afford the spa ( this includes all the peliminary work you might need) and 2) does it feel good to YOU. Although I wanted the Piper Glen I couldn't justify paying $3000 more for it.

Artesian makes a really nice tub, you should be quite happy with it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 06:09:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42