What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Bahia 2003 - Temp Sensor?  (Read 3487 times)

langetr1955

Sundance Bahia 2003 - Temp Sensor?
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »
Hi, I could use your help.   I have a 2003 Sundance Bahia (Mfg Jan 2003) that displays "---" after being powered up for about five minutes.  

We just filled the tub after a good cleaning last weekend.   The water is still pretty cold.   When we power the spa up, the circ pump kicks on like it should and then the high blower pump comes on for a couple minutes, which is also proper.   All this time the temperature on the control panel reads around 67 degrees.   Then, the temperature display starts to climb by about five degrees every few seconds.   When it hits the magic 104 degree mark the climbing temperature display reads OH then 107 then OH then 110 then OH then 115 then OH then 119 (numbers are examples).    Then "the brain" gives up and I end up with "---" on the display and a shutdown spa.   So, my spa thinks the water is way too hot.  

That certainly leads me to suspect the temperature sensor.   Other than that, I could only think of a main circuit board problem.   But, my money is on the temperature sensor.  

A couple questions:

Do you agree with me and suspect the temperature sensor?    

Are temperature sensors easy to change?  

Do I need an exact part/model number for the temperature sensor, or is a Sundance temperature sensor all I need to know?  

Anyone know of a good online source to buy such a temperature sensor?  

Thanks for your help.  
   - tim

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Bahia 2003 - Temp Sensor?
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Sundance Bahia 2003 - Temp Sensor?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:26:07 pm »
Temp sensor seems like a good place to start.  The ---- is the watchdog display and shuts down the spa to protect it.  There are on line suppliers of Sundance parts, but a temp sensor is not expensive and should be available at any SD dealer.  I believe they are not difficult to replace.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:27:30 pm by tony »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance Bahia 2003 - Temp Sensor?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:26:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42