What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Emerald Spa  (Read 5883 times)

vnmyers13

Emerald Spa
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:04:28 am »
I have been lurking in this forum for about a year as I have done my research.  The dealers in my area sell Emerald, Nordic, Great Lakes, D1, Jacuzzi, and Marquis.  (Not a bad selection I know).

After wet testing I really like the Marquis 641r and the Emerald E550.  I have read a lot about the Marquis but wanted to know if anyone has had any feedack regarding Emerald?

I am trying to make the decision in the next few days.

Thankx in advance for any feedback

Hot Tub Forum

Emerald Spa
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:04:28 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Emerald Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:50:13 pm »
I am sure Emerald makes a fine product, With Marquis you are going with a proven company that has a very strong reputation for taking of customers and building a great product. The 641 is the most popular mold in their 27 year history.

meriflower

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 04:25:24 pm »
I do not know about Emerald but I will echo Mendo about Marquis' taking care of their customers.  We originally purchased a 04 Marquis Euphoria.  We began to have annoying, repeat problems with (primarily with the pumps).  We went to our dealer who contacted Marquis.  Marquis came through and gave us a new 06 Epic, loaded, no questions asked, no hassles.  We have had our Epic for over a year now - trouble free.  Even though we had troubles with the Euphoria, what matters is that Marquis stood behind their product and they went above and beyond in my book!

I would recommend Marquis to anyone!   ;D

(Modified post - I made a typo on the year of the Euphoria that we had, it was a 04 model and not 05.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:53:09 pm by meriflower »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 06:30:28 pm »
I do not know about Emerald but I will echo Mendo about Marquis' taking care of their customers.  We originally purchased a 05 Marquis Euphoria.  We began to have annoying, repeat problems with (primarily with the pumps).  We went to our dealer who contacted Marquis.  Marquis came through and gave us a new 06 Epic, loaded, no questions asked, no hassles.  We have had our Epic for over a year now - trouble free.  Even though we had troubles with the Euphoria, what matters is that Marquis stood behind their product and they went above and beyond in my book!

I would recommend Marquis to anyone!   ;D

Meriflower, that is a great testimonial.  

I am a big believer in the idea that when a company steps up and goes the extra mile to take care of a customer having difficulty like you were, it pays off for the company many times over in the end. (and I also think the reverse is true)  That story is worth a ton of advertising dollars.  Your experience would certainly make me take a second look at Marquis if I were in the market.

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:17:46 pm »
I am a happy owner of a Emerald 699 classic for almost two years. I have had no problems with it and use it on a daily basis. Emerald does not get a lot of pr on this site or any other that I have found. I have found Emerald to be a well built tub that seems to hold up and delivers a good value at their price point. Before buying any tub I would strongly suggest a wet test. All people are different and the only way to be sure if your going to like the tub is to soak in it first. Happy hunting.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 02:57:12 pm »

Meriflower, that is a great testimonial.  

I am a big believer in the idea that when a company steps up and goes the extra mile to take care of a customer having difficulty like you were, it pays off for the company many times over in the end. (and I also think the reverse is true)  That story is worth a ton of advertising dollars.  Your experience would certainly make me take a second look at Marquis if I were in the market.

Rich

I agree. ANY company could look like a hero when there are no problems.  The true test is how they repsond when there is an issue.

07 Caldera Geneva

Kaisermust

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 08:56:23 pm »
Are Emerald spas thermopane insulated spas?  I read somewheres they have 3 levels of insulation.  Can someone tell me if this is true?

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 01:23:58 am »
I am sure Emerald makes a fine product, With Marquis you are going with a proven company that has a very strong reputation for taking of customers and building a great product. The 641 is the most popular mold in their 27 year history.
Emerald also is a "proven company".

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 08:18:23 am »
Are Emerald spas thermopane insulated spas?  I read somewheres they have 3 levels of insulation.  Can someone tell me if this is true?

Here's your answer: http://www.emeraldspa.com/features_and_options/insulation.html

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 09:40:27 am »
It doesn't really give a lot of information.  It seems that there are three levels of insulation...I would imagine at different prices...all thermopane design.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 06:14:28 pm »
If I remember correctly the first level is basically the standard spray on foam. Second level a foil wrap (I think) along with the first level. Third level adds more spray on insulation and the foil bubble wrap insulation on the perimeter.

When I was shopping I was looking at their largest tub (Cygnus model of the 899)  and I was going to get their 3rd level for winters in NJ. I think the perimeter insulation is similar to Coleman.

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:20 pm »
I love the 641R model.  It is the 2nd best seller behind the Epic.  Don't know much about Emerald, they're a smaller company than Marquis or some of the other major brands, that's why you don't hear the name brought up too much.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:46:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42