What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WA state help?  (Read 3006 times)

tommel2k1

WA state help?
« on: August 13, 2007, 03:27:40 am »
Hi everyone,
I live in WA state near Olympia and today was quoted $10500.00 for a HS Vanguard. I would appreciate anyone in the area to let me know if I'm being taken for a ride. This, by the way, was there 30yrs in business sale price. It came with the usual chemical package but thats basically it. Even charged for stairs. Granted I didn't haggle because I was just researching and didn't even test soak. Any input is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

WA state help?
« on: August 13, 2007, 03:27:40 am »

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
Re: WA state help?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:21:04 am »
When we were spa shopping a couple months ago, the HS Vanguard was $8,500 here in Central Nebraska.  It was even cheaper in Lincoln, Nebraska.  
--renee

96SC

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:40:39 am »
We're in South Carolina and bought our Vanguard this year for $7995 (not the Classic) and may have gotten it for less if I was thinking quickly.  It comes with stairs, cover, an electrical box and starter chems.  Those are usually standard 'give aways' when you buy a spa.
Your dealer may not be very high volume and has to 'make hay while the sun is shining'. (But 30 years in business he's not starving).
There must be other HS dealers in your area, give them a look.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:49:06 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:28:57 am »
I'll bet that was the starting point.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Seahawk

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:58:50 am »
I have been surfing this site for close to a year now, so I'm fairly aware of the characters on this site.  The issue of how much a spa costs or should cost comes up on a weekly basis.  Over the last year of watching replies I have not seen anyone answer the question to a direct point.  Spa Dealers regardless of town, charge the prices they do to stay in business.  That's it!  If you purchased a vanguard in Nebraska at X Price and Y Price in NC, and they were different, than it's obvious that the cost of business is different in each of those areas.  I sell spas in the DC market an can assure you that are prices reflect our market.  Consumers never understand the cost of a spa also includes, Rent for a space, Advertising, Payment to employees, etc., etc.   Oh, by the way this is my first post!

96SC

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 12:22:34 pm »
Seahawk,  welcome to the forum.  When I saw you 'name' I was sure you were from the Seattle area.   ;)
You are right that the price of spas comes up quite often, now and again the subject of what may determine their price in differnt parts of the country comes up (rent, wages, local economy etc.)  As a rule though, it is thought that if spa V costs $8500 in Sandwich, Il it should cost the same in NYC and Lodi, CA.  Ain't gonna happen.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:33:01 pm by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Seahawk

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 12:25:43 pm »
Thanks for the welcome! No I'm not from the Seattle area, I have been a long time fan of the team, but was raised on the beautiful shores of the Ches. Bay.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 12:51:42 pm »
I have been surfing this site for close to a year now, so I'm fairly aware of the characters on this site.  The issue of how much a spa costs or should cost comes up on a weekly basis.  Over the last year of watching replies I have not seen anyone answer the question to a direct point.  Spa Dealers regardless of town, charge the prices they do to stay in business.  That's it!  If you purchased a vanguard in Nebraska at X Price and Y Price in NC, and they were different, than it's obvious that the cost of business is different in each of those areas.  I sell spas in the DC market an can assure you that are prices reflect our market.  Consumers never understand the cost of a spa also includes, Rent for a space, Advertising, Payment to employees, etc., etc.   Oh, by the way this is my first post!

Well said. Local pricing is a common subject that has been covered many times to a direct point, exactly as you just did but there are always new people on the forum so it'll keep coming up and that's just fine as someone will be here to explain it as you did above.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:52:52 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tommel2k1

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:48:36 pm »
I thank everyone for there help and agree completely with everything said. I do realize there are cost of living adjustments depending on where you live and I also beleive there wil be some flexibility on price when it comes time to buy. By the this really is a great forum. I spent the better part of last night reading old threads and parts I must say had me laughing out loud. As i am just starting my hot tub endeavor. I will post pics from start to finish of my prep work through delivery day (down the road a bit I fear). Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 03:48:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42